cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone starting chemo round about Tues 15 July

158 REPLIES 158
chebsy13

Re: Anyone starting chemo round about Tues 15 July

Hi all - not been online for a while= haven't been too good after 5th chemo - Froiday before last had a bit of a temp and felt a bit off - slight sore throat - phoned chemo and was told to go to the hospital - neutrophils down to 0.33 so was admitted - no single bedroom available so put in ward with four others - two of them had hacking coughs. Put on intravenous antibiotics - but was very painful so given oral antibiotics and sent home on Sun evening - my consultant thought I would stay healthier at home even tho I was having to go to hospital next morning for a bone scan. (hospital is over an hour's drive from home) Had bone scan - just checking bone density - haven't had results yet. Then on Wed - felt rough again and was told to go to hospital again - this time I was very neutropenic - neut count- 0.02 - luckily was a single bed so I was in isolation - until yesterday (Tues) After all the intravenous stuff my arm looks like a coal miner who forgot to wash his left arm! Blood good - I'm good and having last chemo on Friday- will be jolly pleased to say the least!!!! I had been great with it all apart from fatigue until no 5! Doing sponsored walk on 16th Nov - anyway - enough of me!! at Lanhydrock here in Cornwall - determined to doit - family coming with me so at least I'll get a piggyback!

Anyway - enough of me = please drop a line - would love to know how you are all doing - take care - love and good vibes xxxxx

Imi99

Hi - sorry - ended up adding comments before I'd finished - Hopeless me! When we come back I've got an appt with the surgeon on the Tueday and then final FEC on the Wednesday. Really starting to get abit anxious about what's coming next - I've not had surgery yet and have been blanking that bit out while I've been on chemo. I went to the Younger Women's Forum in Reading the other weekend and joined a session on this and I just got really upset by it afterwards. I guess it suddenly dawned on me what was coming next. I'm sure I'll cope as we all do but am starting to feel abit more depressed about the next few months - for some reason I feel that the surgery and radiotherapy are going to be worse than the chemo. Hopefully this week away will lift my spirits and get me back into the right frame of mind!!

Anyway, enought about me.

Chebsy - hope your bone scan yesterday went ok.

Neleh - I bet you're so pleased to get through No6. Good luck with the radiotherapy starting on the 17th. Let us know how you get on.

Take care everyone
Sarah xx

Imi99

Hi Everyone,

Hope you're all feeling ok. Had FEC no5 last Wednesday and have just got over that. Thank God only one left! We're going away for half term down in Devon and can't wait - we've not been away since March and so it's along awaited get-away!

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all

Well, had number 6 on Monday and just having a quiet few days - just the usual tired/ugh feeling - it's amazing to think I don't have to go through this all again. Yay!

Have 5 weeks off before starting radiotherapy on 17 November. All marked up with my little tattoo's! Have 16 sessions, every other day (mostly) for 6 weeks, with my last session on Christmas Eve. What a Christmas present eh?!

Once I've finished my radiotherapy I'm all done and dusted - no herceptin and no hormome drugs either as all triple neg.

Anyway, hope you're all well - hope the bone scan goes ok for you on Monday Chebsy, and number 6 comes along and moves away again without too much trouble. We've all done so well to get this far but it has been lovely to come on here and know I'm not alone going through my treatment.

I too am off for another pint of water (exciting stuff eh!).

Hugs again
Nel xx

chebsy13

Hi everybody peeps - hope you all doing fine!?- lovely here in sunny Cornwall.
I had no5 FEC yesterday - one to go - Yippee - going for a bone scan on 20th (Mum died from severe osteoporisis) and the results will put me on either Tamoxifen or Arimidex (Tamoxifen gives more bone protection apparently but being post menopausal, oncologist would prefer Arimidex_) I'd prefer neither having read the side effects!

Still only one more chemo -29th! Feeling fine after yesterday's blast - usually start going down tomorrow with the old fatigue of a couple of days - but I can take it. Have you heard of odyssey holidays - in" living with breast cancer " thread - I've booked to go in May - sounds intriguing....and I'l be ready for a bit of a challenge by then!

Just off for yet another pint.....of water!

Let us know how you all are - hope its a case of no news is good news!

love xxxxx

chebsy13

Hi all - well we really are getting through all this - sorry about family brereavement Sarah - thinking of you. How was no 4 Ann and only one to go for you Nel - hope wed appt has you sorted . I'm not having radiotherapy - Arimidex is proposed - not keen when I read side effects - do I want that for five years? - going to discuss it with oncologist tomor. Then no 5 FEC on wed - so there is light at the end of the tunnel!!!!!!!!

love and good vibes xxxx

Imi99

Hi All, Chebsy - really pleased to hear you had a great time in Bath - sounds like you alot of fun. Hope everyone else if feeling ok too. Had my 4th FEC last week and not feeling bad at all really - just usual BUP and feeling abit sick/groggy for first 4/5 days but could definitely be alot worse. Unfortunately had other things on my mind as had a close family bereavement and so heading up to northern Scotland tomorrow for the rest of the week. Back down south next week and am going to the Younger Women's forum in Reading - any of you going??

Nel - hope all goes well on Weds.

Take care
Sarah xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all - we've had no home PC for a while - I'm getting withdrawl symptoms! Had 5th FEC last Monday and it drained me for a week - I have defintely felt it's cummulative, with each one taking that little bit longer to get over. I was sick twice this time (only once after number 4 and not at all for 1-3) on the evening after the treatment and then very tired. Had BUP again but manage to recognise it and control it now. Still got a really funny feeling at the end of my nose which I can only explain as being a strange smell of chemo. Sounds odd but I can't explain it any other way. Makes me fel funny if I think about it - I keep hoping it'll suddenly disappear! Still, it's not been too bad and only one more left now.

Have planning appointment for my radiotherapy on Wednesday. Have to travel to Cheltenham for this, which is 60 mile round trip - have been spoilt with all my other treatment as it's only been a mile up the road.

Anyway, hope you're all doing ok - will let you know what happens at my appointment on Wednesday.

Hugs
Nel xx

chebsy13

Long time no hear from anyone - how are you all doing? I'm ok - awaiting 5th FEC on 8th Oct and then one to go - was KATT for a while after last one but am doing great -definitely BAAB - see earlier postings if you have forgotten the acronyms - they work well for me anyway!! it's like a summers day here in sunny Boscastle - expect that helps feeling of well being.
Love to all xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Anndi

I have found reading your notes on the cold cap interesting, I am 17 days past my first FEC. So far no hair loss, but I think it is too early for me to tell.

Can you tell me if your hair is still ok? did you manage to get the number 4 without a wig? would love to know.

Thanks

Tracy

Guest user
Not applicable

Glad you had a fab birthday.

All the best for tomorrow two thirds of the way through after that, or another way to look at it is after tomorrow you have, one more then your last one yipee!!!! No 4 for me next Tues can see a glimmer of light at the end of a very very very long tunnel, roll on Nov 4th for my final poisoning!!!

Lots and lots of love

Ann

xxx

chebsy13

Hello all - Had just the best birthday ever - I am now a senior citizen! 20 Royal Crescent Bath was just perfect venue for all the family. For the dinner I said everyone had to dress up, wear a hat and something pink and all did! Men cooked wonderful dinner while girls supped champagne- had booked for them all to go to Therma Spa - sad I couldn't go cos of risk of infection and found daughter had booked aromatherapy massage for me at apartment while they were all out - it was gorgeous. Had wonderful weekend - back home yesterday - still on cloud 9 but will no doubt come back to earth with big bump tomor - 4th FEC - thanks so much for all your birthday wishes! Mani - grandson (8 months) loves my bald head! .....Granny Baldy!

lots of love and how are you all doing - keep in touch - it keeps me going! xxxxxxx

chebsy13

Happy birthday to yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Sarah - hope you have a good one - I'll raise a glass to you tomorrow! I'm looking forward to mine as you can read in the Chebsy birthday thread started by Mar in Chitchat and fun - says it all!

Don't worry too much about the hair - I must admit I have got used to it now - no wig only hats -

Have a slice of cake and a glass or three for me!

Hey Curtainqueen - have been advised not to go for a dip - too much risk of infection - am going to go again when treatment is over - stay with daughter in Bristol and pop into Bath for a quick dip and maybe something pleasant,that doesn't entail blood counts or needles for a real treatment!

lots of love to you all and thanks for all the good wishes!
Love hugs and good vibes xxxx

Imi99

Hi Chebsy

Have a wonderful Birthday celebration in Bath! It's my Birthday tomorrow but not such a special one as yours - I'll be thinking of you - Cheers!!

I hope everyone else is feeling ok at the moment. I thought getting through no.3 would cheer me up but have been feeling abit down during the last week - I think it's cos my hair is now falling out much faster than before and I guess I'm going to have to finally come to terms with that. And I hate this gloomy weather - I need some SUN!!!

But really looking forward to tomorrow - an afternoon with friends and our kids, a BIG slice of Birthday cake (which my husband has hidden away from me incase I start snooping tonight!!!) and a few glasses of good red wine. Can't go wrong.......

Take care everyone
Sarah
xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Have a wonderful Birthday Chebsy, are you going to take the waters?
Enjoy the rest and luxury.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all
I've been reading but not posting, it's amazing how time has flown. It's second Taxotere or no5 chemo tomorrow for me and all I can say is every one has been different and I've quite often followed the advice you guys give and laughed at your jokes.
Keep on posting and all take care.

chebsy13

Hey girls - long time no psotings - how are you all? Hey Ann- what happy pills have you got prescribed? Must've been great to get a good steep in the bath. I am decidedly BAAB now and looking forward to my big birthday in Bath on Saturday - it's so lovely that I had arranged it all beofre any of what I was to be going through was known - makes a weekend with family in a luxury apartment in Royal Crescent even more special - so excited - will let you know how it all goes when I get back - I am going to have fun fun fun!!!!! My only wee problem is that my chemo arm is still very sore and wondering if they will find a vein next time - but that's not till a week on wed for no 4. Wee word of advice - when you fancy a snack in the evening - don't eat a whole bag of prunes - that's all I'm saying!!

Lots of love and let's get an update from you all - love and hugs xxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Nel

No 3 was a bit of a nightmare wound myself up before I got there and ended up being sick before the chemo began and just after, I think it was nerves. Am going to take the happy pills they prescribed for me next time as I really can't stand spending 5 hours there 3 more times. Other than that haven't felt unwell as yet just very tired like you, off for another lie down me thinks.

Hope everyone else is doing ok.

Love

Ann

xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Afternoon ladies

Well KATT at the mo - had number 4 on Monday and definitely think my symptoms get slightly worse each time (although they're still not much to complain about really). Was physically sick on Monday evening, but felt fine once I'd been sick. Had a hot flush all day yesterday and was very sleepy and today I've really just been sleepy... in fcat, the sofa is looking very tempting again!

Ann - hope number 3 went ok.

Nel x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi girls

Glad to hear you are all feeling a bit better, unfortunately it doesn't last long before the next session.

My back has finally healed after 3 months can't believe it has taken so long. Had my first proper bath lots of smellies a cup of tea and an hour long soak HEAVEN!!! Have been feeling very baab cooking and gardening just like I used to before all of this crap began, so really not looking forward to tomorrow ( no 3 ) and a week of feeling like death warmed up but I will be halfway through.

Hair is still hanging on grew my fringe out so it's now combed back over to hide the bald crown with a hairband to stop it moving and tied in a short ponytail, takes as long to do my combover as it did to wash, dry and straighten it before lol!!!. One more good fallout and there will be nothing left to comb so I think session 3 might wipe it out.

Big hugs to everyone.

Love

Ann

xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all
glad you are feeling better. Ian Brown followed me here. When I went for a mamo last year it was a young Indian Dr who was going to Manchester to train so he was asking about nice places to rent. We had been at the hospital for hours I was told mamo was o.k. and we just got to our car and young Dr ran out and banged on window I pooped myself. He said consultant wanted a word with me. There was the handsome Mr Brown he said he remembered me and was so sorry it had come back and I was in s..t street we had a chat and he said have you seen my car reg?
BOOB DOC Have you seen it? I said if I had a matching pair and he had passed me in his car I would have given him a flash!
The car journey home was a quiet one.

Love Debsxxx

chebsy13

Hi All - so sorry to hear of rough times some of you are having- sending virtual hugs and good vibes! Since 3rd FEC on Wed - felt fine on wed and thur and then KATT kicked in big time - feel a bit better today but very much in hibernate mode- tho lovely to see a bit of sun yesterday.

On Sept 13th its my big Birthday -60!!! Family asled pre BC what I wanted to do as village always throws good parties here in Cornwall. Said din't want a party and booked a luxury apartment in Bath - Royal Crescent - no less to sleep al ten of us. Works out that it will be just before next chemo so should be BAAB- so glad I sorted it out at the beginning of the year - gives a definite something to look forward to at halfway stage!

Son took me down for last chemo - really felt better that he could see what went on and we had a good laugh - have done every time actually - OH working away(Back at weekends) so have had a variety of folks taking me down to Truro.

How's the head Gillian? Hope you doing ok-Ann - with your back?Poor Sarah - sounds like you've had a rough time- wish you better! Still BAAB Nel - good luck tomor. And I see our lovely Mr Brown on 30th Sept Deb - did you follow him to Cornwall or did he follow you? Love to all and anyone I have missed xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all,

I too have been having trouble getting straight answers from the various med people available. Have been trying to find out for 6 weeks now what is causing the headache I have had from dawn to dusk, eventually getting sent for a brain scan next weeks, only because they can't think of anything else to do I guess. have had nurses saying that is might be anything from "the weather" to maybe my "headwear is too tight",

He ho....feeling pretty lousy but looking forward to christmas and it all being over!!!

Love to all
gillian

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Sarah

Sorry to hear you have had such a bad time, hope next time isn't as bad.

I think they just wait to see what side effects we each get as we go along, rather than let us know them all as we might not get any ( but we do!! ).

Have no 3 next Tues really not looking forward to it as I had a crap time with the last one, but will be halfway through so that will be good.

Hope you get to enjoy your daughters first day at school, they grow up fast don't they. My eldest starts seniors in a week and I can vividly remember taking a photo of him in his tiny uniform on his first day, and now he's up to my shoulders.

Take care

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Lots of love

Ann

xxx

Imi99

Hi All,

I've been fairly busy catching up with relatives/friends while feeling reasonably ok so not had much time to log on. Also, my little girl has now finished at Nursery, before starting infant school next Thursday so trying to keep her fully occupied! Unfortunately she starts school the day after my FEC No.3 so I'm praying that I feel ok to enjoy her first day - even if I feel absolutely c**p I will drag myself out of bed!!!

I've had 2 pretty horrible experiences in the last week. Ended up going into hospital last Friday after a day of severe period pain and being sick on a regular basis all day. Doctor came out after a wait of 2 hours and her concoction of pain killers and anti-sickness did nothing to alleviate the pain or sickness. It was 7 o'clock when I got onto the ambulance and it was at this point they gave me pethadene which finally did the trick after 30mins. Stayed in A&E for a few hours as had very low blood pressure but otherwise ok and pleased to be let out! And at least I now have a plan of what to take in preparation for the next one to prevent it happening again.

Last night was a nightmare too. I woke up at 3am in absolute agony with pain in my lower back. Wondered what on earth had caused it as I wasn't sure whether chemo should cause pain like that - hadn't heard of this type of symptom. I was staying overnight at friends and had forgotton to pack any paracetamol (probably because I've been BAAB). Searched their cupboard to only find ibruprofen and didn't take any as I was sure we weren't meant to take it. So spent the next 4 hours trying to sleep but failing miserably as in real pain. Finally at 7 (should have phoned earlier really) phoned my hospital contact no. and she said it was a common symptom of the injections I've just started taking to boost my neutrophil blood count and that I could take both paracetomol and ibrufoen (the latter in only small doses though). So on the one hand I was relieved that that was all it was, but I'm really angry - I'd asked on 2 occasions what side effects I might have and they just said mild flu-like symptoms which this certainly wasn't. If I'd known what was coming I would have been popping paracetamol like there was no tomorrow. It often feels where I am, that unless I ask very specific questions I don't get advice from the consultants (nurses are great mind you) and in this case it's even worse because I did ask........anyway enough of my ranting! Will definitely say something when I go in for FEC no3 next Wednesday.

Hope you are all ok. Like you Nel I'm looking forward to next week when I can say I'm now on the downward slope - 3 down and 3 to go!

Love to you all, Sarah xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all

Chebsy - hope you're not feeling too down?

I'm BAAB and at work this week so not so much opportunity to be on here. Number 4 next Monday so blood test tomorrow. Thought I'd be more excited to get to number 3 and be half way through but actually it was a bit of a downer... realised I'd done 3 and had to do it all over again for another 3. Think number 4 should be a bit better... I'll be on the downward slope then.

Hope you're all ok?
Nel x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi guys

Just wondering if everyone was ok as it's been very quiet on here.

Lots of love

Ann

xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Chebsy

Sorry to hear you are feeling low, I think that after all of the madness at the beginning we are all settling in to just getting on with it. I have no 3 next Tues can't believe it's nearly half over, I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel : - ) hope you can too.

Had a really bad time after no 2 but have gradually picked up and feel really good now, just in time for no 3 to knock my stuffing out next week LOL

Have been to the Lakes for the weekend and for the first time in months didn't spend all of my time thinking and talking about BC, really felt like I used to before this nightmare began. Hopefully soon this will all be behind us and we can get back to having a LIFE that doesn't suck!!

Hope the eyes aren't too bad, I think they have eye drops that they can prescribe for them worth asking tomorrow.

Keep your chin up, one more down tomorrow and your HALFWAY through honey.

What's everyone been up to?.

Lots of love

Ann

xxx

chebsy13

Hi All - our posting seems to have been neglected of late - hope that means all are feeling ok?? I've been a bit low recently - very tired and my eyes are so itchy and sore - ah well - got 3rd FEC tomor and that will be halfway - yaaaaay!

love and hugs to all xxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

After he did my op he had my boob in his hand and I said "are you a t.t man"
his reply "I think it is important to be appreciative of the female form"
That did it for me.

Love Debsxxx

chebsy13

Yes - I knpw what you mean - Cornwall is big really - tho folks think it small! Mr Brown was brill - did mastectomy and immediate recon and reduction on the other side - you don;t expect consultants to be young, good looking .smelling lovely with shiny shiny shoes peeping round the curtain saying "Do you mind if I have little peep?" to examine his handiwork - lovely guy! Maybe we/ll meet up sometime ? love to all - even beyond Cornwall xxxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Chebsy
Ian Brown did my op in Stockport in 1999 he moved on a few days before I went home then last year I saw him in Truro I couldnt believe it, small world. I would be happy to meet up. I always feel envious when I see the London Ladies meeting up.

Love Debsxxx

chebsy13

yes - coming down on Tues for a couple of days - it will be good to have him here and see what it's all about! He wasn't keen for me to put myself thro chemo but now realises it was needed and \I will get through it! Hasn't seen me down tho - I;ll prob be up by then as I am not a down sort of person - wiah you all well and send lots of love and good vibes x

Guest user
Not applicable

Chebsy,
It is great that our sons want to take care of us - don't put on too much of a face on, they need to know a bit of what we go through - it is probably easier for me cos I have had Simon living with me for 8months - he moved out yesterday into his own house with his girlfriend - but he is not far away - so he saw all my ups and downs.
you lad has quite a trip, is he going to stay with you?
take care
gill

chebsy13

Hi Debs - only know my oncy man as Mr Thomson - having 3rd fec on wed - my surgeon was the lovely and charming Mr Brown - seeing himm again 2-th Sept - do how about you? Not a lot of Cornish around so maybe we'll meet up sometime! love and hugs to all xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

sorry I am silly you have said Wednesday.

Love Debsxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Chebsy
what day are you in Truro I am there Friday and is your onc the lovely Duncan?

Love Debsxxx

chebsy13

Hi all - been feeling quite down this week - my son is also taking me for 3rd FEC on wed - driving down from wellington in somerset to Boscastle to take me to Truro - will have my Little Miss Positive Face on by then so no worries! It's hard tho' isn't it - love and good vibes to you all - I'll be BAAB sooooooon!

Guest user
Not applicable

yeah - I still have eye brow and lashes - under arms, but I think leg hair has stopped growing. very little 'personal hair' now!

oh I feel well today - it is great - but not looking forward to Tuesday 😞
My eldest son is going to take me, I think it is part of his coping and support need. But my husband does not like it because he sees that as his role.

Had real rubbish food for lunch - a burger from a van! I fancied so I had.

hope all having a good weekend.

gill

Guest user
Not applicable

Likewise, I am a bit picky in the first week then seem to go on food benders with weird cravings for the other two! I think I have convinced myself that red meat will help the blood count (I know it doesn't) so go crazy for (organic, fee-range so flippin expensive) steaks and things.

I haven't found much to help the mouth in the 1st 10 days or so, pineapple is good but doesn't last long enough.

I have promised myself a meal at the best restaurant in town when this is all over and I can appreciate food again!

Hairwise, mine is still growing...shaved it clean off last Friday and have stubble again now, have definately lost loads but can't tell what it would have been like if I'd left it. Still have brows and lashes, tho slightly thinner I think. Do you lot?

Love to all on this beautiful day! (
Gillian xxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

I don't want to eat much in quantity any of the time now. I have no imagination for what I want to eat - so I just eat what my lovely husband gives me - as long as it does not taste of very much and is preferabley white food.

Pineapple for the taste thing. Fizzy water is better than still for some reason?

gill

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Ann

Sorry you've had a rubbish time. I believe pineapple is good for the taste and although I've not suffered too much, I've found ice pops are quite refreshing. I do have problems eating in the first week but it's the complete opposite... the following day I am really hungry... I had to get up at 5:45 to eat as I couldn't sleep, but my appetite does then slow down and I can only eat small portions, but by second week I'm back to normal. It does sound like cold cap could be working - by 4.5 weeks mine had really thinned noticeably so I looked "ill" - at the front it was very thin and the sides and one patch across the back were almost bald - I think from where I sleep on the pillow. I'd hang in there a bit longer and see what happens. We shaved mine all off to a grade 2 and I have a thin covering all over and am convinced that the light covering I have is growing (I look like a dandelion!) - I regularly inspect it in the mirror trying to work out whether it's longer than a grade 2!! And I still shampoo and condition it every other day - OH thinks I'm mad!

I didn't think I was suffering with funny dreams, but this morning I dreamt I was an M&M with thousands of others (we were all red and yellow!) and we were all spilling out over a mountain and racing down it! No one can tell me that's normal! Ha ha!

Hugs all round
Nel x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all

Have had a crap 9 days post no 2, haven't been sick but feeling sick and can't get rid of the horrible taste ( any suggestions? ). Feeling a lot better today but dreading no 3 coming along ,wish it was all over!!. Does anyone else have a problem eating in the first week?, the thought of eating makes me feel sick and I can just manage to eat a small amount with my anti sickness. Have no problem by the third week eat anything in sight lol.

Can anyone tell me if my cold cap is working or not am 4.5 weeks post no 1 and have lost loads ( handfuls everyday ) but only have a few 2p size bald patches on my crown that are noticeable, is this what I would have lost without the cap?.

Hope you are all feeling well.

p.s

Acxxxsorize have just got their new ranges of autumn winter hats/berets in long fitting at the back.

Lots of love

Ann

xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

I am having my best days now.
Have been out almost like a normal person!
Going to work tomorrow - not much on cos I can't take bookings, so it will be nice of do a day.
going to have a busy weekend and then - bang - the next, my 3rd Epi. Am planning for horrible days 3 -7 and not going to do anything. I take the meds cos I am scared that if I don't I will not like the alternative. I get a bit BU but nothing to need anything - then I get to opposite and then am ok.

Plenty to do after. Got some relaxing 'music' waves and rain forest to listen to.
In a couple of weeks, got to have the deciding Ultra Sound Scan on my Liver - to see what effect it is having and whether I continue or change.

hope you all keep well

gill

chebsy13

Hi Gillian - crazy sleeper - sounds like we have lots in common! With poos ok you maybe relieved to know you are not a BUP sufferer at the mo - courtesy of Chris - BUP = Bunged Up Problems!

Sweet dreams! x

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh my...the dreams!!! I thought it was my own stupid mind playing tricks on me. Mine don't seem to be restricted to steroid nights tho they are the worst, my sleep in general is a bit crazy just now.
Still..poos are OK! Can't have everything I spose hee hee

I hadn't heard about the injections I must admit! Not sure how I would cope with that, and ceratinly wouldn't let OH have a go!!!

What is BUP?

Lots of hugs to all the lovely ladies out there
Gillian

Guest user
Not applicable

Hmmm, I tried prunes and I really don't like them - perhaps I'll just have to try again. Have seen the "go cake" but will look it up again. I did get the emergency doctor to prescribe some lactulose solution on Sunday (I thought my world was ending) and it seems to have worked. Just waiting for everything to return to normal.

I don't have to have injections as my bloods have always been ok but have read of a couple of people on here who have. Injecting yourself sounds horrible but I did have to do it every day for about 4-5 weeks whilst I had IVF prior to my chemo and it wasn't so bad. I used an auto-inject thingy and had to do it into my tummy or leg. It's not nice but doable as people say.

Nel x

chebsy13

Hi all - I'm definitely BAAB - even tho the place is a tip and it's raining - long may it last....well got next blast (3rd) next wed.

Nel and Sarah - I had dreadful probs with BUP first time and asked for stool softeners ( sounds like a fabric softener ) was prescribed Lactulose solution for the second one - it really worked well- such a Comfort (subtle pun!)

Weird dreams on steroids - yes - very vivid at the time and totally gone in the morning - mind you, I also find it very hard to sleep for the steroid nights.

Look after yourselves all - and one day my little chickadees, we may all be BAAB together! Hugs xxxx

Imi99

Hi Everyone

Just like you Nel, I had a really nasty BUP over the weekend too and hardly slept Sunday night because it was so painful. Will definitely remember to keep eating prunes for abit longer next time round and may even make some of the "GO CAKE" that's on one of the other threads!

Otherwise, generally feeling better second time round so far.

A couple of questions for you guys;

Before my next chemo, I've got to inject myself with "Lenograstim" which will boost my neutrophil count - just wondered if any of you had had to do this?

Also, do you have really weird dreams when you're taking your anti-sickness/steriods??

Love to you all, Sarah xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all

Now on day 9 of 3rd cycle. This time has definitely been a bit harder. Felt KATT for most of last week but picked up on Friday but then had a severe BUP over the weekend - was complete agony - never known anything like it! Spent yesterday recovering and now much better - almost BAAB.

Hope you're all well and keeping BAAB! And, whilst taking it easy and watching This Morning yesterday they did a feature about being TAAT... tired all the time!

Nel x