Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone starting chemo round about Tues 15 July

nicky08
Community Champion

Re: Anyone starting chemo round about Tues 15 July

Hi ladies

Not hijacking your thread here but just wanted to say good luck to you all, Chebsy had posted and asked a few questions on another thread I'm on so wanted to check she'd got some chemo buddies! Emma - it may be worth searching for Taxo to find out other ladies who've been on it or start a thread - I'm sure you'll get loads of replies, I have no idea as I'm half way through 6 FEC, sorry I can't help further.

Hope all goes well with all of you. Make sure you enjoy the good days and listen to your body on the bad days, sleep all day if it tells you to.

Nicky x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello Everbody

I am new on here. I was diagnosed in March after fertility treatment with a Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Grade 3. I had a masectomy and 7 lymphs glands removed, which were all clear. I have already had 3 treatments of epi and cyclophosamide. I have got another cycle of that then I start Taxo and Herceptin. Please can anybody tell me how they have been with taxo.

Love
Emma
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hey all,
I had my first FEC 2 weeks ago and yes I felt awful and really wish I had've listened to another patient who told me to only eat tea and toast.
The first night was the worst but as the days go past I feel fine now, it took about 1 week to get back to feeling normalish.
It is doable and please just remember that everyone reacts differently so even if I felt bad you may feel fine.
Good luck tomorrow Helen and Joanne.
Good luck to the rest of you ladies and please try not to stress too much, the nurses will look after you really well tell them all your worries and anxieties as they have seen it all before and are there to help you. Oh and if you do feel icky ring them and they will help.

Love and hugs
Lisa
xoxo

Guest user
Not applicable

I am starting on the E bit of your chemo on Monday - good luck to us all!!

ForumMember

Hi everybody

Im also starting 6 rounds of FEC tomorrow so will be good to compare notes and see how we alll get on. Like most of you have also been reading the top tips and got stocked up on all essentials so lets hope we're all the ones who don't get too sick with it. Think its a bit like waiting for first time you go into labour - you've heard all the horror stories and just don't know how its gonna affect you!

Luv Joanne

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone

Just wanted to add that I had my last FEC yesterday (8 in total), still can't believe I'm at the end of it to be honest. Just wanted to offer some reassurance that I had relatively few side effects, a couple of bouts of sickness which were sorted out with additional anti-sickness drugs and tiredness for about a week after treatment. I know we're all different but I hope you all do well. Have got to say that the time has flown by and try to make the most of the good days.

Love

Wendy

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Chebsy

I am starting 6 x FEC tomorrow (aaaarrggh!!), so only a few days ahead of you. I have also stocked up on all the "essentials" and am ready to go.....well as ready as I will ever be! Bevy, if you are like me, you will be having 6 rounds, one every three weeks, which takes about the four months you mention. Its all very scary, but the tips and experiences of other people on the forum really help to soothe your fears. I think some people have bad reactions to FEC but by and large the reports are that it makes you feel grotty for a few days and then you start to come back up. Hope thats the case. I just will be glad to get this part of the treatment started, the 6 weeks waiting for it after surgery is torture when all you want to do get it started/finished.

Anyway, good luck to you both, I'll report back in the next few days to let you know how it goes.

Love and good wishes H xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Chebsy13

I start FEC on Wed 16th I was told the treatment would take 4 months but didn't quite take in how many times I will go each month? guess I will find out next week. Good luck with yours be thinking of you.

Likewise many thanks to all the people who have posted advice. I still feel as if I have 'L' Plates on but feel a bit more prepared.

Bevy

chebsy13

Anyone starting chemo round about Tues 15 July

Hi all - am stocking up on ice lollies.....start 4-6 FEC on Tues 15 July - anyone else round that time? Thanks to all who have offered advice thus far - see my Going mad.... thread on this forum

Cheers love - good vibes to all Cx