Anyone still feeling exhausted from treatment?...

Grade 3 tnbc diagnosed April 13
WLE 6 Fec followed by 12weekly taxol then 18 Rads
All perfectly doable finished Rads Feb14
Am still feeling terribly tired quite a lot of the time,will I ever feel normal again,every ache,pain terrifies me!

Hi Leany65

Whilst you are waiting for the other users to reply with their experiences do give the BCC helpline a call on 0808 800 6000.  Here you can share your thoughts and concerns with someone who will offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practical information.  Lines are open weekdays 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator 

Yes, I am. My chemo ended on 23rd May 2013, so well over one year now. No rads, but taking Anastrazole. Had one problem after another. I already had RA and other conditions, now have Vasculitis. Had my first good night’s sleep last night, but still so tired. 

I’m over 6 years out from surgery, chemo & rads…it does take a long time…I suppose we’re all different…but I was at least 18 months to 2 years before I felt anything like normal…but then I’m older

I was working when dx but found it hard to hold down my job following rads…I was lucky and got out…

Oh yes, tired and weary is my middle name! I have times when i feel fine and that is when i over do it and spend the next few days recovering! I am one year since Chemo and Rads and now on Anastrozole with 4 years left to go and i think that coping with side effects has a lot to do with being tired a lot as we are trying to carry on through the s/e.

Sometimes i am sat watching telly and ll i do is yawn, whatever time of the day it is!! Don’t forget we have been through a lot and someof us have a ways tyo go yet, shame we cant just plug intot he mains for a recharge of our batteries for extra energy!!

Along with the aches and pains from hormones, etc we are still trying to carry on with the day to day things to keep normal whatever that is!!! I know that i do overdo it sometimes, but who’s going to take over the chores, etc? My husband and 2 boys will help if i ask, but when they arent here during the day i have to carry on and do stuff that needs doing!

I think a lovely relaxing holiday in the sun is just what the doctor ordered, but that will have to wait until next year i hope so anyway!!

Cheers, Michele x

Hi leany, I finished my chemo Nov 13 and rads Jan 14 and still even at 37 suffer terribly with fatigue. I recently had to come off tamoxifen due to suffering a mini stroke and was told I would need a hysterectomy. I hadn’t had a period for 4 months and had my fingers crossed I wouldn’t need the operation and I was well into an early menopause but my onc said it would most prob be the chemo. I was suprised as I finished just short of a year ago. Think it just goes to show how long these drugs effect are bodies even ayear later. I’ve been told it can take up to 3 years. I do have more good days than bad though and if I want to rest or sleep I think feck it no matter what time itis. I think the advice we get told to be kind to ourselves continues even way after treatment :slight_smile: ps I had an itch on my calf for a few minutes and self diagnosedmyself with cancer of the calf then immediately burst out laughing at myself :confused: Lord knows what I’ll diagnose myself with tomorrow. My doctor said use the 3 week rule. If the aches are gone by then it’s nothing to worry about. We ached and got poorly before the cancer with other ailments and that’s not gonna stop after the cancer :slight_smile: