66.5K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone up for a Feb meetup in Bristol area?

89 REPLIES 89
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Anyone up for a Feb meetup in Bristol area?

Enjoyed meeting you all, and here's to the nxt time.
Marmite

Guest user
Not applicable

CHEEKY!

Guest user
Not applicable

It would be good to see you too Rosiebear, as you may have read much of the conversation was bi-lingual, why Debs is apologising for being so fluent is beyond me.

Dare I say, I think we are probably much more cultured than the london meet ups!.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi ladies,
Sorry that I didn't make it yesterday....last minute hiccup.
glad to read that it was so successful. Really hope that I can join you when you meet again. x

Guest user
Not applicable

Forgot to say - thanks Marmite for the lifts and do love your snazzy car. It was all that excitement - made me forget my manners.
Kate

Guest user
Not applicable

Really enjoyed meeting you all and it all felt very natural and not as if had just met each other for the first time so hope we can continue and that others will join us as well.
Debs - what language??? You've not led a sheltered life - I know that. You can't have been mixing in the same company as I have then if you were worried about that!!! Good to see 'those shoes' in real life.
Had a lovely peaceful journey back and was tired but recovered after a bite to eat and a cup of tea. Think the argument over who's black torch it was at 7pm woke me up. Still think it's mine but swallowed my pride and apologised to youngest as I could find my silver one.
look forward to the next date then - preferably not thursday but may be on alternate weeks then for chemo.
Will treasure my autograph tooo!!
Kate

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone,
just got home it was soooo nice to meet everyone. I really enjoyed the lunch, hope I did not swear too much and offend anyone. Anne is right it was just like meeting old friends. Although I think I was the oldest.
I too was very impressed with our celebrity friend.
Love Debsxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

It was a great day - lovely to meet everyone and hope we can get something else organised soon. Hope everyone had a safe journey home and Kate, hope you're not too tired after such a long day

Lesley xx

AnneS

I too want to say how enjoyable it was to meet such a lovely bunch of women. I felt completely at ease and it was like greeting old friends! Can't wait for the next one - was good to find the drive straight-forward too.
Hope to see you all again soon.

Anne xx

aroma

hi and a big thankyou to all the lovely ladies who i met today ,some of you for the first time ,what a day so enjoyable and now i cant wait for the next meet up .much love and hugs lynn xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Good to hear you had a good time. Mind you, the London meet up of 'ordinary' women was pretty enriching too...too cool for autographs...

Jane

Guest user
Not applicable

Just got back - overwhelmed with such auspicious company. Quite amazing. I was just expecting well, - ordinary women, little did I know. I've found it very enriching!

Looking forward to the next meet up in Bristol. I do hope others with secondaries can join us - if only for autographs!

Guest user
Not applicable

Lesley do you want to come with me or is your chaffeur doing the usual

Guest user
Not applicable

Looking forward to it Lottie - thanks for booking etc, see you in the morning!

Guest user
Not applicable

Looking forward to tomorrow's meet-up. Just a reminder of the Cafe Rouge address:

85 Park St
Bristol, BS1 5PJ
0117 929 2571

I have booked a table for 9 .....

Best wishes,

Lottie

Guest user
Not applicable

Debs, Why do you think you maqy be kicked off the site. I have always found your posts informative and often funny, just what many of us need. Love Lesley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone,
just want to say I will be at the meet tomorrow and look forward to meeting you all.
I may not be posting on here again, I think I will be kicked off the site.
Just in case I would like to thank all those who have answered my posts and helped me through the past 4 years, although I did not post myself I did log on once a week to see what was happening. Well actually my husband did, he gently guided me through until I got the hang of it.
See you lovely ladies tomorrow.
Love Debsxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Jane, I think infamous might be a better description. But Celeste thinks I'm a celebrity so who am I to argue?

Guest user
Not applicable

I hope you all have a great meet up. Curious now about Lesley..are you famous??

Jane

Guest user
Not applicable

Well I am getting exited, can't wait to put faces to names.
Love Debsxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

I suppose we will 😞

Great that you're coming too Debs, looking forward to meeting you - and your shoes!!

Lesley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

So as not to intimidate the fat, bald and non famous, I suppose we shall have to wear special disguises!

AnneS

Great that you're going to be there Debs - it'll be great to meet you at last and put a face to all those witty comments. xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Well this means I will be there by hook or crook. I will be the fat bald one with nice shoes!

AnneS

Thanks for the nice comments.

Am very intrigued now about the Bristol meet - so we've got a Carla Bruni(as was)lookalike and a celebrity in our midst!! What to wear - what to wear?!!!

Looking forward to it!!

Anne x

Guest user
Not applicable

Thank you, always nice to hear from one of my fans ....

Hahaha!! Celeste, you're totally raving mad!! Having said that you weren't lying when you said you were the spitting image of Carla Sarkozy - but I think those heels were a bit impractical for dog-walking ........

Bet the rest of you who are coming to the Bristol meet up are getting worried now! It's all right, we're quite safe really, lol!

Guest user
Not applicable

Met up with the white dog today. It is amazing, you knid of assume on this site, that everyone is as 'ordinary' as you. When it turns out to be someone famous it's quite a shock.

So ~Lesley it's been a honour to have lunch with you today, I'm not often surprised, so that was quite good for me. All I can say is that you are someone whose work I have admired for some time. I do hope we get the opportunity to meet again soon.

Best wishes

Guest user
Not applicable

\thanks for the welcoming messages. happy birthday for yesterday Anne, glad you had a good one.Looking forward to meeting you all.

Guest user
Not applicable

Belated Happy Birthday Anne
Love Debsxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Glad you had a good day Anne - you're sounding very inspired and positive.

Looking forward to next week

Lesley xx

AnneS

That's great you can join us Rosiebear. No-one is gatecrashing - the more the merrier! What a gorgeous photo - your lab looks just like mine!! They're the most wonderful support aren't they!!
Got over the hurdle of my first birthday yesterday,since ex-husband left and since secondary diagnosis and had a wonderful day with 3 really good friends - 2 of which go back 20 years! Strange to think this time last year I was blissfully ignorant of my secondaries and impending end of marriage but feeling good and positive today. Here's to new beginnings!!
Love to all Anne xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Looking forward to meeting you rosiebear.

Love your photo!!

Lesley x

Guest user
Not applicable

Will do. Thanx

Guest user
Not applicable

of course rosiebear that would be great. Probabaly a good idea to pm lottielemon so she can let the restaurant know.

See you there

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello ladies,
I have just read you thread and wonder if I could please join you.
i live about an hours drive from Bristol ( my son lives there ) and would love to meet you all. I have secondaries in my bones, dx last July and have just finished six cycles of Paclitaxel. Anne S I think you are the one who posted on my Avastin thread. Don't want to gatecrash but would love to come. Rosiebear.

Guest user
Not applicable

It must be me then, lol!! I could have sworn I read something else earlier.

I'm definitely suffering from some type of madness but that's nothing new

Guest user
Not applicable

What do you mean Lesley, is this the make up madness we spoke about on another thread?

Guest user
Not applicable

Celeste, you've renamed me, lol!

I think I've found someone to pick my daughter up from school for me now but will still need to be back for when she arrives home. What time is your train back Kate?

Guest user
Not applicable

Hey Kate - I'm coming with Lesley, shall we pick you up from station,? perhaps someone can take you back tho , because we have to whizz off to pick up Lesley's kids.

Have a good time in Kent

Guest user
Not applicable

Look forward to seeing you in time for lunch Kate - it's not all that far from Temple Meads so as long as the traffic isn't horrendous you should be with us by 12.15 I would have thought.

Have a good time next week if you're going away - half term comes around so quickly!!

Lesley x

Guest user
Not applicable

cos of train times and prices, I won't be getting into Bristol Temple meads until 1150 so will see you shortly after that.
I'm also away quite a bit of next week as well
looking forward to seeing you all then
kate

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Lottie - looking forward to meeting everyone! Have a nice time next week.

Lesley x

Guest user
Not applicable

Just to let you know I have booked a table for 7 people on 25 Feb at 11 at Cafe Rouge. For coffee and lunch afterwards. I have asked for a table at the back section of the restaurant as there is more room. Booked under 'Lottie'.

See you there, btw I am away next week...

Lottie

AnneS

Thanks Debs,
I am pleased but won't relax until ex has been for the items he's requested on 21st and until it's all been implemented and the house is finally in my sole name. Ex is still trying to act up but hopefully it will be all truly over very soon and then I will be able to speak more freely!!

Hope you are doing ok too. xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Anne, really pleased your settlement went well I was getting worried as I had not seen you post. Fingers crossed for your scan.
Love Debsxxx

AnneS

So glad you're hoping to join us Kate. I'm really looking forward to it. Glad to read you were treated much better at your last treatment.
Things are looking up for me as my ex agreed to settle out of court at last minute and I'm staying in my home and it really will be just mine very soon which is such a relief. Just hoping for another good scan at the end of Feb to add to the good news!!
See you all on the 25th. xx

Guest user
Not applicable

I think you should definitely be putting your needs first Kate. I'm still on for this - hopefully it won't clash with any up and coming appointments. Have my three-weekly Pamidronate this Tuesday (along with a bone scan, oh joy!) and seeing my onc again on the 24th so it should all fit in ok for me by the look of things.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Lesley x

Guest user
Not applicable

Just thought I'd bump this up so that I can see who else is coming to Bristol and thank you for telling me which cafe rouge to ask for!!
so - it's
me,
Celeste,
lottielemon,
lesleylp
aroma
annes
marmite

or is there more or less??
Really looking forward to it and just hope the date of my CT scan isn't then - will probably ask them to reschedule as part of my new policy of putting my needs first.
Katex

Guest user
Not applicable

Great stuff Kate - so pleased you can make it. Just in case you have trouble recognising me, I am a size 8/10, long blonde hair, and I'll probably be wearing a designer suit, people say I look very like mme Sarkozy.

hummmm somethings happened to my nose - is this another side effect of bc?

Guest user
Not applicable

Dippykate

Great that you can make the Bristol meet-up.

Be sure to ask taxi for Cafe Rouge in *Park St*. There is another Cafe Rouge in the new Cabot Centre so room for confusion...!

Best,

LL