74.2K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone want to be my chemo buddy? Start may 9th

Re: Anyone want to be my chemo buddy? Start may 9th

Thanks ladies, i slept well & feel ok today, just exhausted & a bit queasy. Lying on the sofa all day watching rubbish tv & managing to eat small amounts. You'll be fine Tina & will be well looked after xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Brilliant isabelle, hope it stsys that way!
Its chemo eve for me.....nerves kicking in now x

Thank you Flower, Geraldine and Tina,

I had a much better night. I woke up for an hour which actually gave me a chance to keep my meds topped up.  The steroids are causing a slightly bloated face but other than that I'm feeling ok 🙂 

Thinking of you all, 

love Isabelle x

Guest user
Not applicable

Wosteart....how are you feeling? X
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Geraldine and isabelle
How did you sleep?
Geraldine did you ask about the car park charges? X

Sorry Tina, i thought you were referring to yrsterday.
Re bone scan i went off to do some errands & wrnt back xx

Thanks Isobelle xx
Tina, yes around 4.5hrs inorder to fit cap etc. Shouldn't be as long next time. Xx

I have no nausea at moment, but have been drinking pukka ginger and tumeric tea. Yummy and 50% ginger in it which is more than lots of other  brands. X

Hope you sleep better tonight Isobelle x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Geraldine,
Did you stay in hospital 3 hrs? X

Hi Geraldine,

Thank you, hope you have a good night. Xx

Hi Tina,  Yes it's FEC, I spoke to the hospital and they suggested next time I'll get something else if it doesn't get better with the meds I have, Isabelle xxx

Oh Isabelle, I hope you have a good nights sleep and feel a littel better tomorrow

Geraldine xx

Yes Tina, you're injected first with the radio active substance and return 3hrs later to have the photos taken. The photos take 20mins and it's all fine.

Today went well although a very long day. Had the line fitted first which was horrible and it's so uncomfortable around my neck & throat area. The cold cap was fine ...  very cold to start but you very quickly get used to it.

I feel OK at the moment, just knackered. 

Hope all goes OK for you. Be strong & determined and you'll be absolutely fine.

Geraldine xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Ooh no isabelle,
You can change the anti sickness meds if you don't think they are suiting you. Was it fec you had? Are you eating n drinking much? X

Hiya all,

I was awake most of the night with aches, headache and nausea. They have continued today with vomiting too earlier. Hopefully I'm in for a better night tonight.

Love to you all, Isabelle

Guest user
Not applicable

Wonderful ,ill look into the macmillan offers somehow, im a reiki therapist myself so that calms me lots.
Im in West Midlands.
Ill watch that video too, ive bought ginger biscuits today! Xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi, Geraldine im booked for 16th, why do we need them? How long does it take?  You have to have it done and then go away and come back again later dont you?  Its 4 days after chemo so i said ill have to  let her know if im up to it! Hope you're ok Geraldine xx

Hi ladies
I am feeling great slight hangover feeling this morning but have just had a nap so feel fine.Yes i too had red wee....
Tina i don't know where you live (i am in essex) but in my pre assessment chemo talk they told me that macmillan offer free massages,reflexology etc for patients partners and carers. You will feel so much better once you get your first chemo session out of the way because you will feel like finally you are moving forward
Flower and isabelle glad you are both feeling well. I watched an amazing lecture on nutrition with cancer on you tube i can thoroughly recommend it it was called cancer nutritiin myths controversies and realities by carolyn katzkin i think her name was...really useful. I have also been told that ginger was put into a petri dish with cancer cells and it killed them. Don't know how true it is but i am eating everything gingery at the moment 😄

Hello

I am still fine. Bit tired but nothing of note. Had a few minor heart palpitations with the anti sickness tablets, so just going to leave last one and try other type as per hospital. No nausea at all though. Gave myself neulasta injection earlier so wondering if will be ok with that. So far so good generally. X

Hi Tina, i had a bone scan last week. When are you booked?
Guest user
Not applicable

Tracy,
How are you doing?
Xx
Guest user
Not applicable

How are you both feeling today ladies? Still good i hope .
Feeling more organised today, been for a wig fitting. ....bizarre to see myself in a wig,and i just know its gonna get on my nerves! Bought a simple shampoo and conditioner, thermometer, ginger biscuits. Bought a groupon for a treat when im feeling in need....a reflexology treatment.
Xx
Ps has anyone else got to have a bone scan??

Oh my life why do I not proof read before I post. Obviously I meant good not dark. So sorry 😶🙈🙊
Guest user
Not applicable

Well done isabelle, youre a 6th of the way through , sleep well x

Hiya lovelies,

I had an afternoon appointment and only got home a couple of hours ago. Early days but so far better than expected and pink pee to boot! We can do this!!! 

Lots of love to you all,

Isabelle xx

Where are you OAD? 

Wow Tracey, what a relief for you. Well it is evening and still fine. Am tired but been awake since 5.30 am so just normal tired I think. Just vegging on the bed. Happy new puppy. That will keep your mind off it all quite well I think x

Flower and Wosteart great news that today has been OK as dark as it goes. OAD hope you got on OK too.

Lou glad you've started your chemo and it went OK. Will they give you different sickness medicines next time as you were sick twice? Xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks jen,
Ill be sensible. X
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Tracy,
His names fraser. Hes a 7 week old shihtzu bichon frise cross. Totally loveable. And we all adore him! X

Wel done flower glad you are feeling okay. my scans came back all clear no mets so i was able to have my chemo today as well and like you i feel fine getting a bit tired now but am just gonna veg on the sofa...
Tina i have a dog he is 6 now and they are such a great comfort when you are feeling sad they seem to pick you up. What breed is he/she and does he/she have a name? Be strong for thursday you can do it it is such a good feeling to actually get started sending you big hugs
Helly18-my husband has also struggled with this but now i have started chemo he has started smiling again for the first time in weeks
Ladies we can do this lets kick cancers butt

Tracy xx

Just to say any digital thermometer will doso dont worry if you cant afford an ear one . I started out with an ear one and it read higher than my chemo units one very often so I abandonded it and used a digital oral one I bought from the pound shop which worked for the remaining 19 weeks of chemo fine. Initially you will check your temperature pretty often but you will learn when you feel "chemo normal" and unwell so will probably do it less x

Jen x

Well done Flower .... You did amazing! Number 1 ticked off x
Guest user
Not applicable

Oh brilliant, ill look tomorrow!
Just wondering very vainly how the fluff im actually going to be able to style my hair seeing as i wont be able to use straighteners! ....my hairs short but super thick and id look like ive had a shock uf i don't tame it. ...hmmm. sorry for sounding vain x
Hope you're ok isabelle x

I got mine from Tesco baby section for £25.x

Charys
Community Champion

Hey Flower, good news! Im really really pleased for you. Wonder how Isabelle is getting on ? Tina I think Lloyds or super drug might have cheaper ear thermometers.....? They are certainly quick and easy to use.
Guest user
Not applicable

Fantastic flower!
Hopefully it stays that way for you!
Have you all bought digital ear thermometers. ...are they all much the same, some are so expensive! Xx

Hello I was in at 11.45 and out about 2.30pm. Have drank over the 2 litres but that is my normal drinking habit anyway. So far.....feel fine.....not a thing. Happy to have got started as better than worrying about it. I guess time will tell, but off to a good start. X

Just checking in on those who started chemo today. Hope you got through it ok and are resting up. Try to drink plenty of water and make sure you take your anti sickness meds. Love Lou x
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi, isabelle and flower

Been thinking of you today, hope it went ok for you both

Im off to look at wigs tomorrow, dyed my hair today and geg a trim wednesday (chemo eve).

Need to buy a thermometer still! ...been distracted by a new addition to our family, puppy called fraser! Nice to think about something else other than cancer! Hes gonna be my little companion. 

Tina xx

Just nipping over from April 16 to wish to send hugs and wish everyone starting treatment good luck. I have 3rd fec next week and it is surprising how quick treatment seems to go when you start the waiting to start is awful.

Tina, In my unit fec is given via a pump so you can just unplug and go if needed, I also go on my own to the sessions my lovely sil takes/collects me as we live near my oncology centre and my hubby bless him has struggled with my diagnosis and it would be a bit much for him (he comes to the other important appointments where I need a second ear to listen).xxx

Best of luck for tomorrow ladies be strong we can do this. I was hoping to start tomorrow but sti waiting for mri results if dr checks them in the morning i may be able to start with you if not i will be a few days behind xxxx😘

Hi, 

Thanks to all those who've wished those of us starting tomorrow well! Is it just Flower and me now?

Tina, I was also wondering if I'd be able to pee half way through, I've drank loads today!! My hubby is driving me to hospital but I don't think he will be allowed in the chemo room from what I remember ...

I had a lovely Chemo Eve, very relaxing!

All the best Flower and the rest of you later this week if I am not on here before you start. We can do this! 

Love Isabelle xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks both. Its just that I'm attempting to drink 2l of liquid a day from now on and I'm always on the loo!! Plus I've read its good to sip hot drinks whilst the cap is on so.....more liquid! Don't want an oops moment!
I'm going alone....are any of you? X

Hi Tina in short no. I think you imagine far worse. I can honestly say the worst bit for me was the cold cap . I was sick when I got home x 2 but after that I would say tiredness and for me headaches.Both mangeable and I rested when I needed to. I didn't go to loo during treatment but there wouldn't be a problem if you needed to. Good Luck you can do this. X

Tina x on EC its v quick so if you pop to the loo beforw you should be OK , on FEC(EC) the nurse pushes the drug in so they are sat with you for the 45mins or so it takes on tax its via a drip so you can be unplugged and take it to the loo but my longest session was only 1.5hrs so if I nipped before I started I got through x
Charys
Community Champion

FLower, what a star you are, such a strong attitude and I salute you for it ! I am in awe of the bravery of people on this site. WIshing you and all other Monday starters the VERY VERY BEST XXX

Good luck Flower! You'll be relieved to have got the first one done 🙂
Xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Good luck flower,
In my life ive actually found things that ive really dreaded haven't turned out to be as bad as my imagination has conjured them up to be. Sending my love. Let us all know how it goes for you. ....sleep well xx