370577posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone with Polymorphic Light Eruption?

5 REPLIES 5
ellie49

Re: Anyone with Polymorphic Light Eruption?

Know exactly what you mean. I have been using gel from aloe leaves this morning. Going to see nurse on Monday for something to stop itch, I have pain in my shoulder blade too. This site is wonderful, at least you know you are not suffering alone. Best wishes and hope your feeling better soon.
mf

Hi. I've got an aloe Vera that's got v little added to it. I've used the raw plant for skin complaints in the past. I've had pains in ribs and back of shoulder. Also have possible radiotherapy pneumonitis - get short of breath on exertion and cough up clear phlegm. I was reasonably fit and healthy before BC! To be honest, I've mainly felt worse since rads ended, partly due to bad reactions to hormone suppressants. Things seem to be improving slowly now, though. I wasn't prepared for the massive impact treatment would have on my energy levels.
ellie49

Hi, thanks for reply.  Finished rads yesterday, and other than my very itchy, red skin, not too bad.  Felt really sick while undergoing treatment.  Wasn't sure wether it was the radio or Tamoxifen.  The radiologist, told me yesterday that because I am quite large breasted, it is possible they caught the very top of my stomach with the treatment, which could have made me feel this way, just hoping it wears off now. I have also started using Aloe Gel (Forever) was not sure of using before because of the parabens in it.  The oncologist told me it was okay to use after treatment, so will see how it works.  I am sure the lanolin in E45 irritates this skin condition, have thought that for sometime now.  I am still using hydrocortisone cream, and  last night took a anti histamine tablet, so at least I slept without itching.  Hope you are okay now. Did you get any pain in your shoulder blade after and during treatment?  I had a little and have noticed other people have mentioned it on other threads.  Take care.  Hugs. x

mf

Hi Ellie. I was very lucky during rads - I used aloe Vera gel twice a day and didn't have any serious problems. My skin went red, then very brown, and I couldn't wear a bra because the skin broke down under the breast about a week after rads. Some of the creams they suggest at the hospital irritate sensitive skin so I didn't use those. I've also been taking supplements, including vitamin D. My boob is still quite sore some days, even though I finished rads in August, but that seems to be par for the course. How are you feeling otherwise?
ellie49

Yes, I have it too.  First developed it some years ago, it can be very miserable.  Rads has caused mine to come back, just the same as the sun does.  I have finished my treatment today, and it looks very red and angry with lots of under skin spots and some very dark red angry spots.  At present I am using hydrocortisone cream, but if it doesn't improve I will speak with doctor.  How did yours behave during Rads.  Any suggestions on what to use after?  xx

mf

Anyone with Polymorphic Light Eruption?

Hi. I start rads L breast today in Lincoln. I get a rash from sunlight exposure (polymorphic light eruption). The hospital staff don't seem to know whether this is likely to lead to worse skin problems with rads. Just wondered if there's anyone on here with this skin condition who has had rads and can share their experience. Thanks.