Appointment date

After what seems like an absolute age, I finally an appointment for my biopsy results - next Thursday at 9am.  The calm of denial is giving way to the butterflies of panic.  Fortunately, as a single parent of 3 teenage girls, I have plenty of other worries to use the butterflies on till then.

Thank you to everyone on here who takes the time to offer support and reassurance - this really is a fantastic support.

xx 

Hi hadders,

All I can suggest is that you keep yourself busy and try not to think abouit it too much - easier said than done I know. The thing is, whatever you do between now and the won’t change the outcome.  I have 2 teenagers, one of each, and as they knew I wanted to be kept busy I think they sorted out a rota ‘to keep mum occupied’ - it was lovely. My daughter kept making me watch dvds with her and my son got me hooked on Fifa (x box). So, i’m sure your girls will help you out. Xx

Hi hadders,

Hope you’re bearing up. The waiting is truly the hardest bit. Whatever the outcome, you’ll find the strength to deal with it (should you need to, if it’s not a good one). It’s funny, but once you know what you’re dealing with, it gets easier, whatever that is.

For now though, you need to keep your mind off it as much as possible. Do whatever floats your boat to keep your mind occupied. For me, it was lots of games, puzzles, quizzes etc.

If you’re struggling, talk to your GP. A little bit of medicinal help wouldn’t be the end of the world, if you feel you need it.

Thinking of you. Let us know how you get on. Mel. xxx