Appointment on thursday

Hi all,
i have recent found an indent at the bottom of my right breast when I raise my arms. (it looks normal when they are down) you can also see it when I lean forward
As the titles says I have my appointment at the breast clinic on Thursday and I’m beside myself with worry. Can’t stop thinking about it and getting upset : (

Hello there worriermum,

So many of us here know that feeling, can’t think of anything else at all, terrified, emotional, can’t concentrate…its entirely understandable that you are feeling such awful anxiety. However, you are absolutely RIGHT to be bringing it to the attention of your doctor, and to also attend a breast clinic appointment. What would be even worse is to leave whatever you have noticed, and then you could either have months of even worse worry or leave something that needs treatment. We are all told to be breast aware, and that is for a reason, so that if there are any more sinister problems they can be treated quickly and effectively. As you will probably know from reading on this site, 80 percent of breast lumps are benign, so it is not a ‘given’ that everyone who is sent for checking at the clinic has breast cancer…they are there to diagnose benign as well as non-benign conditions. I can only sympathise with your situation, having waited for that clinic appointment myself and send you good wishes for a good outcome. You can talk to us on here about anything worrying you about the appointment, we are happy to listen. x

Thank you Charys,
It just helps to know that people like yourself are out there and completely understand the anxiety! Feel like I’m losing my mind.
I have two young kids 3 & 7 and I feel like I’m snapping at them all the time, which is making me feel awful cos they have no idea why mummy’s in such a bad mood.
Thanks for your reply it really helps xxx

Hi worrier mum
Just wanted to wish you all the best for thurs. I also have an appt at 9.20 on thurs. The waiting is awful. I can hardly think of anything else and just want it to be thurs night so that its all over. I hope you get good results. Take care x

Thanks jaybee45,
Sending positive thoughts for Thursday, let me know how it goes. My appointment is at 3.30 so goodness knows what state I’ll be in by then : /

Will let you know. 2 more sleeps and we will hopefully be breathing big sighs of relief. Although dont think will get much sleep. Stomach is churning. Take care. I have a 10 year old son so know how hard it is to have to put a brave face on xx

Just trying to take it one step at a time. Praying tomorrow will be the first and last step.
Thanks so much for thinking of us, it really does help to have someone to talk to. X

Good news for me, consultant said I a empty part of my breast tissue (recent weight loss may have caused it) had an ultrasound and all clear. Thank you for you messages of support. hope yours went ok jaybee45? X

Thats really good news…bet you are walking on air. Enjoy the feeling. :relaxed:

Ah worrier mum that is such good news. So pleased to hear. I was wondering how you were getting on. I am still in limbo. Had my appt and consultant asked questions then put me in a room and examined me and said he couldnt feel anything but would book me for mammogram and ultrasound as he couldnt see what was inside obviously. He then said come back on sat as we have no radiologist today! I am confused as if he couldnt feel anything worryin then why do i need to go back and why sat! It seems an odd day to go! Hey ho more waiting. But cant be helped! Chuffed about your good result though! Yay xx

Thank you charys for your encouragement. I have to try and stay positive. I dont know if i feel any better though after today. The practice nurse felt it as did my gp and my husband and i can still feel it. I know the ultrasound and mammogram will shed light on what it is. Now i am thinking i am going crazy and what if nothing shows up when i can still feel it!! Aaaargh nothing to be done but wait for sat to arrive. Thanks again for the support x

Good luck for today jaybee xxx

Another positive post guys. Nothing abnormal found. I just have lumpy boobs and nothing to be worried about. The armpit lump is normal skin. Probably muscle i am feeling. Just wanted to let those of us waiting for scans etc that its not always a bad outcome. Thank you so much for the support guys. Was good to find a place where you understood how worrying it all can be. Wishing all you girls all the best for the future. Take care guys xxx