Appreciate the Good things

Well I am single 49 and no one to take care of me ( young) and having a mastectomy on Monday…
I had a liitle Cry ( big one ) and I look pretty rubbish now ( not that I am vain)
I decided this crying lark is not for Me, I have loads to do and still in bed…
Well I am on count down till new breast day ( blob)
So I am determined that Good things will happen to me before and after op…
So I am going to get up shower and dress and look forward to the day
I am not going to think that I am Never going to have breakfast in bed and make love to someone ever again, because then I feel rubbish and am going to Cry…
So going to embrace the whole experience like this

• I am going to research Convents nice pretty ones all over the world. ( oops must add, I am not religious, but I like helping and meeting people, so if I have to pray a bit well it can’t help)
  • Every day I am going to write something good that happened to me, however small. Yesterday this attractive tall handsome man accidentally bumped into me ( ok thats an exrageration, he was not so tall, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, he smiled at me…Deffiantely wasn’t wind!!
    That made me smile too.
    Not at any point did I let my mind go overboard!!
    I just appreciated that moment.
    So now I am up off out, and fingers crossed I have something good happen to me today…

Hi Dawn ,if you want to join us in the newly diagnosed section there is a thread “Just diagnosed and wanting to talk to people who understand " there are alot of recently diagnosed people giving each other support there .In the going through treatment section there are people talking who have just had surgery it’s called 'Had my lumpectomy today” ,there is also a thread called “surgery and living alone” in the going through treatment section .People to talk to and who totally understand how you are feeling and can give advice and support .Jill