Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

April 2017 Radiotherapy

261 REPLIES 261
pippa149

Re: April 2017 Radiotherapy

Hello Corinna

Hope you are feeling better .I had antibiotics for the same thing a few weeks ago !! I am ok now but the hot weather wears me out !Hope  work is ok and you are now enjoying the weekend .

Barbara  xx

Corrina

Hi Pippa sorry for not replying quicker hoping you are staying well. Im feeling exausted at mo. back to work but struggling and not even back full time yes . today Ive not been well ,got a water infection so got given some antibiotics for that. so hopefully will be ok again soon. how are your energy levels . im still not feeling very energetic and feel washed out at times. and starting to feel a bit sore and achey all over and my bad arm is still not feeling right .continuing to take the letrazole and hoping it wont damage my bones x

pippa149

Hello Corinna

Sorry to hear about the osteopenia ..I have that in the spine too and mild osteoporosis in my hip .I still take letrozole too but asked the gp for vitamin D and calcium  so hope this is helping .My osteoporosis appt is not till July 26th ..seems ages too wait .  Read the leaflet they gave me at my last appt at hospital and it says  Im on self-management ..they wont give me any more appts unless I have concerns and then I can ring and make one .Think they forgot to tell the consultant as he said go back in August !

Hope you are well and work is ok x

Corrina

hope you found out why you had to cancel appointment with oncologist.? Forgot to say I got the results of my DEXA scan and I have oesteopena in my spine which is pre oesteoporosis but no one has suggested I come off the Letrozole but its a bit worrying. Breast nurse just said they would give me another scan in two years time. Just hoping my bones dont get much worse. did you get good advice from the oesteoporosis clinic? x 

Corrina

Hi Pippa glad your enjoying the course .sounds really good and something I would have done if I didnt have to go back to work. went back to work this wk on phased return. feeling really tired even though only did 2 half days. and my arm got a bit sore and stiff sitting at the desk using the computer.hope the xray of your knee was nothing to worry about. x

pippa149

Hi Corinna I hope your meeting about work went well .I have been feeling very tired this week too.

Thanks for asking about my knee .It feels a lot better thanks but still plays up from time to time. .Im just waiting to get the results from the xray now .Today I had a meeting with the breast care nurse and have been discharged !Im confused because the oncologist told me to go back in August but she said shed cancel that appointment .I will have mammogram in October and still waiting for appointment with osteoporosis clinic .

I have now started a Moving Forward course and it was really good .There was a whole section on lymphoedema.Im looking forward to the next session .Hope youre keeping well xx

Corrina

Hi Pippa sorry to hear your having problems with your knee .Hope it gets better soon. My wrist seems to have righted itself so lets hope your knee does the same. Im still feeling very tired at times . got a meeting about going back to work tomorrow with HR and my manager so hoping that goes ok.Please let me know how you get on. Hope you enjoy your visit to your relatives up North.  Please let me know how things go with your knee ect. xx

ladybowler
Community Champion

Pippa

Just to let you know I started a May thread where there are ladies on there who started in May and are continuing through to June, so have started a June 2017 radiotherapy thread.

Helena xx

pippa149

Hello Corinna .Hope your wrist is feeling better by now .Its funny but I too have been feeling really tired this week ..but its 6 weeks since we finished rads so not really sure why .Hope your feeling less tired now.

Ive also found an old knee problem( which got better when I retired 5 years ago )has come back with a vengeance.My knee is quite swollen and I went to the doctor yesterday .She is sending me for an xray. I said I was wondering if the letrozole had aggravated it but she didnt make any comment. She said its probably arthritis .Next week I have an appt with the breast care nurse. I think its partly to discuss how Im feeling at the end of active treatment .I have a questionnaire to fill in.I also have another  appt with the consultant in 3 months .

We are the only ones left from April now .Wonder if we should rename this thread ..not sure how to do that tho so not to worry.

Best wishes and hope you have a good weekend

(.Im travelling up north to my home town today.)

Corrina

Hi Pippa sorry to hear you have already got some thinning of your bones and Im hoping you dnt get side effects from the infusions they are going to giveyou. They have not said anything about mine so Im guessing the results of the dexa scan must have been ok. Im still ok so far being on the Letrazole .Im guessing you must be still ok taking this aswell. gt to be on it at least 5 years apparently. Main thing is the cancer doesnt come back. I have a bit of a sore wrist at moment .feels lie its been sprained but I havent dne anything to strain it. Hoping it just rights itself. also been feeling tired today . Yes I know what you mean abut forgetting to ask things .I do that too
x
pippa149

Hi Corinna ..Im glad your appt went well and the surgeon was sympathetic -waiting until January will give  you plenty of time for things to settle down after your surgery .It also gives you time to rest and recover.

My appt yesterday went well too ..I was in and out really quickly .I do have the beginnings of osteoporosis though (found this out before I started letrozole but I am almost 68 and bones start to thin with age  ) and the doctor  wants me to have zometa infusions because letrozole can make the bone thinning worse. I am a bit worried about the side effects of infusions(but think Ill probably go ahead) and the doctor yesterday has referred me to the osteoporosis clinic .Im pleased about that as they seem the best people to ask for advice. I hope I dont have to wait too long for the appt tho.

Im not sure but I think we didnt need radiotherapy to the armpit as there are no nodes left for the cancer to spread too .I should have asked the doctor yesterday but I always forget things in appointments !

hope you have a good weekend .xx

Corrina

Must have been awful getting different advice from different consultants x

Corrina

Hi Pippa so you had one node with cancer in aswell. so very similar to me only I must have had more nodes but like they say everyone has different amounts. I did not get a choice to either have radiotherapy on the armpit or them taken out. they just told me I would have to have them taken out. and it was NICE guidelines to do this. Anyway still have at risk of lymphodema when you just have radiotherapy instead and I guess it would mean having even more radiation  which has its own risks.  I dont understand why when they take the lump out of the breast we have to still have radiotherapy on the breast but when they take the cancerous lymph node out we dont need radiotherapy in the armpit..Do you why this is?

How many times a day are you doing your exercises now? Im still doing them twice a day and if I miss my armpit feels uncomfortable and stiff. Yes I worry about carrying a case aswell and whether I wud be able to manage going on holiday and obviously like you worry about getting lymphodema. but I have got a suitcase on wheels.

Seen the surgeon today.She was really lovely and said she could do things to make my nipples more in line and take a bit out of my larger breast to even things up. . She said the scar is the way it is as she had had to take so much out. She said she could try to improve the look but it would me taking some fat from my stomach and putting it where the indent is  to smooth it out,however she said she wouldnt do anything yet as things are still settling down . my skin is still a bit pink and still not properly healed from rads. also she said the armpit may settle down a bit more in time. She said I wuld have to wait a full year from when I had my surgery which would be January and I will be getting another appointment to see her then. She also arranged for the breast care nurse to give me a softie to put in my bra so I wouldnt look lopsided.

pippa149

Hi Corinna  - I forgot to say that when I had the WLE in October , they took out 3 sentinel nodes and one had cancer .Thats why it was eventually decided to remove the rest under the armpit in February.The choice was removal or radiotherapy . It was a really difficult time as I was getting different advice from different consultants .All the appointments with different consultants took ages to sort.. I do worry about lymphodema and was told I had to do the exercises for life now. I do them everyday but sometimes panic when I realise Ive forgotten . I recently went on holiday and was worried about lifting suitcase but have one on wheels I can pull and luckily got help to lift it off the conveyor belt at the airport.I have got used to using my left arm more too . I also got a mosquito bite on that arm and was worried but used tcp to stop any infection and its fine.

Good luck with your hospital appointment today .Xx

Corrina

yes jacey it is a lot. they toldme they had to take that manybecause they already knew i had cacer in one of them so they had to take the rest out to check them and they said that would be the only way they could tell for sure. .glad yours were ok xx

Corrina

Hi Pippa were none of you nodes cancerous? if that was the case I understand why you wouldnt need any radiotherapy to the armpit. seems odd that they needed to take so may nodes out  though if they did not know you had any cancer in them. They knew I had cancer in one of mine before they did the op  so they said they would have to take all the lymph nodes out from level one and level two to examine them to see if there was any cancer in them. They said they wouldnt know for sure untill they had done this. Obviously Im pleased they did not find any more cancer in them. But wander why they couldnt have just taken for example 10 out and examined them . Anyway its water under the bridge now so just got to be grateful that things worked out for the best. Im going to hospital tmorrow for a check up. Feeling nervous as also want to discuss whether or not there can be anything done to even up the size of my breasts and realign my nipples which are presently at different heights and also it looks a bit swollen and hangy where my armpit scar is so want to see if anything can be done to make it less unsitetly..

hope your check up ges ok. Im going back to work soon so a bit worried about that too as still cant carry anything heavy. Do you work? I worry about getting lymphodema. do you worry about this aswell? thanks for your response xx

Snail888

Followed some advice given to me by a friend and have soaked in hot baths with Epsom salts for a week and gentley rubbed the sore skin off. Fired carefully and covered in nappy cream. 6 days on and it's really healing nicely and I can move my arm without it really stinging - there is hope xc
Jacey

Crikey Corrina 34 sounds a lot! I only had 2 - both clear fortunately. I sympathise with you. Can you ask them why they removed so many?
pippa149

Hello Corinna .I had 16 removed which were clear too .I was told that everyone has a different amount of nodes .I only had radiotherapy to the breast too. Before this there was a big debate about whether I should have removal or just radiotherapy to breast and armpit .It was a difficult decision to make !I too still have some stiffness to the arm.Its not there all the time but will mention it at my check up on Thursday..My skin has just settled down ..Do you have a check up coming up soon ?
Corrina

Did anyone else have 34 lymph nodes removed? Just reflecting now on what ive been though and feel upset that they took so many out when they only knew for sure I had cancer in one of them. it turned out that was the only lymph node which had any cancer in it. feel so upset now they took so many out and now I will always be at risk of lymphodema. Also I had my surgery on the 31st Jan followed by 3 wks of radiotherapy and they only did radiotherapy to the breast not the armpit and dont understand why. My arm is still uncomfortable and stiffens if I havnt done my exercises so Im having to keep doing them. Also although I fnshed my Rads 4 wks ago the skin on my breast stil has some brown spots( a bit like scabby mole}however some of them have now flattened out so just look like big freckeley age spots. The nurse at hospital had said it shuld nly take 3wks to heal so Im wandering why it is taking so long for me.

Has anyone else had so many lymph nodes removed?and then not had any radiotherapy under the arm?

Snail888

My armpit is still so sore that's a week after I finished. It's sore like chapped lips. I have bought calendula nappy cream and bepanthen which is giving some relief but I am hoping it clears up soon as it's affecting my sleep. I also thing the seroma is causing some pain especially if I lie down. It's all really horrible:(
Sazzy29

Hi everyone

I am halfway through radio at the mo, already have rash of red spots/blisters under and over left boob - very itchy and a bit sore.  Using aloe vera and cortisone as well as antihistamine which helps.  Was worried about the burn as we plan to go on holiday 17 June and have another 1.5 weeks of radio to go.  Previously had radio for merkel cell cancer 2013/2014 and had a terrible burn then groin/thigh but they dont expect this to be as bad as the radio isnt as strong or as long.  Already feeling tired though.  Am supposed to go to pilates at 12 but not sure I want to get up!  Also they said dont swim cos of chemicals in the water but should be OK if radio isnt til Monday?  I have a tub of epaderm which I like aquaphor - same thing I think.  Will try using that.  I think some people with more sensitive skin get a worse rash/burn.  Also breast getting lumpier.

DJD

Yep, am looking forward to Wednesday - last one!  Thank you for flagging it up Ladybowler.  Am counting myself as very lucky - have had very little discomfort, but did follow all the advice from those who have already trodden this path.  Am feeling a bit weary, but as warned by these trail-blazing ladies, most likely to be more from the early mornings (I leave home just before 7 am) and the round trip of over 2 hours.  

Not sure how I feel about it all at the moment (end of active treatment) - Think my confused feelings come from the fact that family and friends seem to of the opinion that after Wednesday I'll be considered cured. My rational head says 'Whoopee, I've come out the other side'.  My scary head says '...for now'.

Alieck

Thanks Kaspar, Jacquie48 and Snail888 for your replies. I am glad it is doable. I think I will try and see how things go and if need be take time off afterwards when everyone says the fatigue hits. xx

Corrina

Hi Pippa good your boob has settled down a bit .hopefully your nipple will be ok. I dont think my boob will ever settle to look the same as the other one as now I have one nipple higher than the other and the nipple looks very dark and ofcorse I have the scar around the nipple..and my boob is redder than the other one, but like I say no one sees me without clothes anyway. so Im the only one it bothers xx

Kaspar

Hi Alison 

I'm working too until I need to leave for my appointment. I've done the odd telecon after my appointment but frankly I'm too knackered. The last two days I've taken a nap after the appointment and felt loads better afterwards, so I'm aiming to try and do that each day now and work will just have to wait. My boss is reasonably understanding, HR have been great.

I'm on day 9 out of 15. I've also been able to keep up my lunch time gym sessions, although I'm starting to flag slightly on those, I really think they are helping me get through the course of treatment. In the morning I feel pretty much OK. 

pippa149

Hi Corinna I did think I looked different after my wle in october but it seems to have settled down now .Now its the effect of the rads on the nipple which looks really odd but Im hoping that will settle down in time .I think we notice these things more than other people do anyway .have a good weekend everyone
Jacquie48

Hi Alison I've now done 16 of 20. I've been working through, 4-6 hours a day in the office depending what time my appointments is. I can't deny that I wish I didn't have to. I'm shattered. It's doable but I'm struggling now. I'm taking leave for the week after I finish as I've been told that the fortnight after is when fatigue peaks and I don't want to have to worry about work or how my sick leave is racking up. X
Snail888

Hi Alison. I am going into school most days but usually after 12 to fit round radio and my current deep dislike of hours before 10am! I am reallt tired though and normally need a nap in the afternoons x
Alieck

Is any working through the Radiotherapy and if so how are they finding it.  I have done 7 out of 15 and am tired usually by the night but managed to go to work either before or after each session so far.  People say that fatigue hits in towards the end or within the two weeks afterwards. I know everyone is different but do you think that is is possible to work all the way through.  Thanks.  Alison  

Corrina

Hi Pippa yes Im relieved I dont need to go back to work till June . had a good day today. woke up feeling terrible and very low but pushed myself to get in the shower and get ready. Went to yoga and then went for a walk . so feel like Ive done really well. still got a few brown spot things on my boob and its still a bit sore but skin hasnt broken so thats good.

I dont see my surgeon again till the 14th June. I dont know whether to ask if anything can be done to make my boobs look a bit more equal. but part of me does not feel like I want to cope with any more surgery even if I was offered something. 

I havnt got a partner presently but would feel very reluctant to bare my boobs to a new partneras would feel very embarrassed and they might find it difficult aswell as looks odd.

Might just stay single might be easier. Ha ha xx

Winkydink62

Hi, I have finished my rads today. I used Aquaphor Healing Ointment. It is similar to Vaseline but thicker. I know it sounds a bit yucky but it is fantastic stuff. I was recommended it by a friend with Inflammatory BC. I  applied this stuff 3-4 times a day or as my skin felt a bit itchy. I wore Primark men's t shirts , cost £2.00 each so I would not ruin my clothes with all the cream/ointment. My skin has survived the 15 treatments because of using Aquaphor. All the best, Kathy

Jaynes1208

Hi all,

I'm now a week post rads.  My soreness still seems to be increasing, and my armpit scar, nipple and the underside of my boob seem to be worst.  Still slapping on the moisturiser! This morning I don't feel like I can even put on one of my sleeper bras, so just have  loose PJs and dressing gown back!  I'm going to try to give it a bit of a rest from even cotton fabric under my arm today. 

My nipple is very dark brown and hard and nobbly a lot of the time, which seems to be similar to other people's experience.  That's reassuring as I was a bit worried about it.  

The shape of my boob has changed a bit, but not too much I don't think.  I was lucky to have a very small tumour and quite big boob, so I guess there was more scope to take it without changing the shape so much!  I knew there had to be a silver lining somewhere!  My tumour was on the top of my boob, so it's kind of flat now, where my scar is, but not too different in shape and I think when I can wear a normal bra it will be pretty much disguised.  

Dawn, I had my OHS review last week and they told me that six weeks off from when you finish rads is normal and they would not even discuss a return to work plan.  They wanted a further review in four to six weeks, to agree a plan and expected me to return to work approximately mid June.  I was a bit surprised at the time, but now my boob has got significantly worse, and might do again over the next week, I'm feeling very relieved! 

This is is a long old process isn't it?!  And I'm so grateful to all of you for sharing information so that I know what I'm experiencing is "normal" in this strange, abnormal bc world! 

Keep well everybody.

Jayne

xxx

pippa149

Hi Corinna . Glad you had a good day and  have another month or so before you return to work .That will give you time to rest and recover. My treated breast looks different to the other one after rads .especially the nipple .Im hoping things will settle down  afte a while . It feels a bit worrying that I finished rads two weeks ago but dont have any appointments for another three weeks .They told me to ring them with any problems and I did contact them about my rash last week but telephone contact doesnt feel quite the same !

Corrina

Hi all thanks again for all the helpful comments people have given me. I am now 12 days post rads.. still got brown kind of spots on my boob and boob is itchy I have some kind of gel so will put a bit of that on before I go to bed. Day went ok. still feeling tired also struggling to come to terms with the mess of my body with one boob smaller than the other and nipples different colours and one higher than the other . and scarring under my arm seems to come right round to the front looks odd but I know Im lucky as might have had to have a masectomy but still troubled by the mess of my body. Not ready to go back to work as I have a stressful job. Just going to concentrate on building  myself up physical and emotionally and hopefully will feel lots stronger when I go back to work in June . xx

pippa149

Hope everyone is ok .Thanks for the advice Dawn .Still a bit sore under the arm but much better thanks .Glad Ive got two more weeks to recover before  my holiday. Hope you have a good hoilday .

Good Luck to all those still having rads, The tme goes quite quickly and it will soon be over !

Rooty

Alieck, I'm sorry to hear about your infection, that sounds nasty. I am having 15 sessions in all, so have just completed my fifth today.

My breast is definitely still changing shape and is getting more indented as a result of radiotherapy I guess. My lump was small and I was told they took a plum sized lump out which pretty much matches what it looks like now.
Alieck

Hi JoJo45, I was told when I had my lump removed that there would be a difference between my boobs and this would be more defined depending on the size of the lump and tissue that they removed during surgery.  I was lucky in that my lump was quite small and it was to the side, so I only have a small indentation.  I have read that radiotherapy can also change the shape of the boob.  If you are concerned maybe speak to your Breast Care Nurse.  Alison xx

Alieck

Hi OldDawn63, glad to hear that your rash is clearing up. Alison xx
Alieck

Hello Rooty, you started your radiotherapy the same day as me. They thought I had an infection but it looks like a reaction to the radiotherapy so keeping an eye on it. How many sessions are you having?
JoJo45

Hi Ladies,  

Well I'm now one week post last treatment.  Skin is still pink but holding up, the nipple is still sore especially around my scar which is still rather deep.  The rash has faded but still there, so treating with moisturiser and hydrocortisone when itchy.   I still have some swelling in the breast.  

At the start of treatment the Radiotherapy Consultant referred me to the lymphodema nurses as I had swelling in the breast and cording in my arm.  I saw the lymphodema team yesterday, the nurse wants to tape my breast but we have to wait for the side effects of the radiotherapy to go first.  I mentioned that I'd booked a holiday in a couple of weeks, apparently that's very good for recovery, but not so good for lymphodema!  So now I have to wear a sleeve and glove for the flight and whilst away. 😳 But on a positive, swimming acts the same as a compression sleeve so I will need to spend most of my holiday in the pool.  

If I carry on with my exercises everyday (I think forevermore) I should be able to control any further swelling with a glove and the massage.  Hoping the taping will smooth out the breast.  

Has anyone else been left with a odd shape boob with their op?  I was warned that the radiotherapy would make it worse.  

Hope everyone is doing ok, keep moisturising and keep those arms moving.  

Nearly there now.  

Dawn hope you have a lovely break and you get your occ health appointments sorted for when you are back.  

Hugs to all xxx Jo 

OldDawn63

Hello everyone - hope you had a pleasant Bank Holiday weekend.

Pippa - hope you are feeling better and the pains and soreness are continuing to subside. It is apparently not uncommon for people to have a delayed reaction a week or so after finishing. I was told that if you get such a reaction, it usually 'peaks' (is at its worst) about a fortnight after finishing, and then it will gradually get better the following week.

Corinna - thank you for asking about my rash. I am pleased to report that it has nearly gone now. The insect bites are more stubborn so I am still taking the antihistamines. I don't know whether the Flamazine and antihistamines have helped, or whether the rash would have gone away on its own anyway. When I called the hospital last Friday (just over a fortnight after finishing) I was told it had probably 'peaked' and would gradually get better over the next week, which it has done. The skin never broke, I just had a patch of inflamed skin with red blister-like spots where the boosters were, which has gradually faded.

I have had the brown spots as well, but only on my nipple. They are sort of like little scabs, which eventually dry up and flake off. Mine have nearly all gone now, so yours should do the same. I hope your rash will also start getting better soon. As long as the skin isn't broken you can carry on using moisturiser, but if it breaks down, you probably need to get some Intrasite gel from the hospital or your GP.

I am continuing to do the exercises as well, as I was told to carry on for 6 weeks after radiotherapy. They are becoming a chore now, because I have had full movement back in my arm and shoulder for some time, and I don't think I really need to do them anymore.

I am a bit tired too, but this has as much to do with the antihistamines as the radiotherapy. The ones I have to take for the insect bite make you drowsy. I managed a 3 mile walk with some friends this morning though, so I can't be that bad.

I was supposed to have an occupational health appointment this morning, but they telephoned just as we were about to set off to say it was cancelled. As we are going on holiday on Thursday, they won't be able to rearrange it until​ we get back. It is getting beyond a joke now - I actually want to return to work and am fit enough to start working part time, but every time I have tried to arrange it, I have been prevented! I'll be lucky to be back by June at this rate.

Rooty - I was also told to use aqueous cream only, so that was all I used throughout radiotherapy, and I have continued with it since. It is a bit thin so you really have to plaster it on and it takes a while to rub in. It's not easy to take it to the hospital to put on after treatment either, because it comes in large tubs so you have to decant some into a jar. Other than that it is fine, and does the job. At the first sign of any skin problems, tell the radiographers immediately. If your skin breaks down you can't use aqueous cream, so they will have to give you some special gel to use instead.

Keep up the gentle exercising as well, because it's the best way to fight fatigue. You sometimes have to force yourself, but you feel better if you do make the effort.

Best wishes to everyone being zapped this week - I guess we should all move over to the May thread now.

ladybowler
Community Champion

Corrina

It is shame that your call with your manager is tomorrow, perhaps it would have been better to have that conversation after your occ health apt, and it might be worth suggesting that to your manager, you could tell them how you are currently feeling in relation to the after effects of the rads, the fatigue and sorness but I certainly do not think any decisions can be made until you have had your occ health apt and they provide their report.  When I spoke to my occ health doc post surgery he was not happy about my going back to work but I really wanted to and the nature of my work is such that I do not have any stress and it is not manual, so in the end he we came to a compromise that I did Mon-Wed 4 hours a day in the morning as that is what I wanted, he put that in the report and actually recommended that I would need time off during rads and for 3/4 weeks after with a reduced hours returnto work.

At the end of the day it is your health and wellbeing that they need to keep in mind and you are covered under the Equality Act 2010 so they have to make reasonable adjustments.

Helena xx

pippa149

Hi .hope everyone is ok .I have been having some pain in my upper arm too Corinna and sorenesss from the node clearance scar. It seems to have been worse this weekend so may be because I finished 10 days ago too.It is a bit better today .I am retired but dont feel I would be ready to work yet if I was still working. I hope your manager and occ health will understand that. It takes time to recover !

Best wishes to everyone .

Corrina

Hi OldDawn Im hoping your rash has cleared up by now. As you can see from my previous post I also have a bit of a rash thing going on now but hopeful it will go soon as my skin should definetly be starting to get better from today as I was told any skin reaction would peak 10 days post rads then start getting better and itsmy 1th day post rads today  s hopefully on the up and up xx

Corrina

Hi All hoping everyone is ok? Im 10 days post rads today. my skin is still a bit dodgy on my breast. It has big brown sort of spots on it particularly under my breast  but think this may just be part of the healing process as its still  sore.

Im still feeling very tired and sometimes fall asleep on the settee in the afternoon. I am trying to get out though and do something every day as I think this helps me emotionally and would get depressed if I stayed in all the time.

My manager is going to phone me tomorrow so Im feeling anxious about that as still dont feel ready to go back to work . Also have an occ health appointment on wednesday which Im worrying about. feel pressured to go back to work but def dont feel ready yet . Too tired and Im still sore from rads and under my arm where I had my lymph nodes removed is still stiff, but continuing to do the exercises for this. sometimes I feel I will never feel ok again but know I am lucky as Im at the end of my treatment and should feel happy about that and it could have been a lot worse and Im grateful for that too, but sometimes still feel really down . wishing everyone all the best during their treatment hugs xxx

Rooty

Hello all - I started my rads last Wednesday and have completed three. Definite warmth in my rightie compared to my other one and a bit tender but OK otherwise. My hospital have given me aqueous cream and said I have to put it on before I shower and then use nothing else which surprised me after everything I had read on here. My habit has been to use Neutrogena Intensive for sensitive skin all over every day after a shower and it is very hydrating and mild so I have continued that for now but will stop at the first sign of difficulties.

I am tired, tired, tired but suspect that is the Anastrozole and I started fighting back today, doing an hour of gentle stretching and toning exercises and a lovely walk in the bluebell filled woods with my dogs. I'm on sick leave, my GP said that was definite during the rads and for a while after. He knows my job is tough and I am very grateful to him.

My radiography team are so lovely, and professional and cheering. They always look pleased to see me and are thoughtful and chatty in such a genuine way. I am thankful for the NHS everyday.

OldDawn63

Yes, it is weird. I was using different emojis from my phone which didn't do that, but when I try to use them now I get a message saying 'An Unexpected Error has occurred.'

Kaspar

So if you use emojis you get warnings about emotional content! Weird!!

Kaspar

Gosh! You put a smiley on your message and there's a bizarre warning about emotional content!!