70447members
370550posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any groups for young women in South Manchester?

11 REPLIES 11
Joanna21

Re: Are there any groups for young women in South Manchester?

Hi, I am 40, recently diagnosed with IDC TNBC, I live in Stretford near Cricket ground but am in Chorlton quite often as have some friends there and shop at Unicorn a few times a week for organic veggies. I  would love to join a support group or just meet up for a chat... I will be having lumpectomy Tue and am facing two weeks off work alone in the house after that...

Joanna

hibald

Hello everyone. Starting chemo on 7 Nov - 3 FEC and 3 TAX and herceptin for 12 months, further surgery after chemo and radiotherapy. As with Sarah, I am also up for meeting for a coffee but would prefer sometim after starting chemo. PM me if anyone interested (I'm in Northenden)
Fonduegirl

Hi everyone sorry for delay 2nd FEC wasn't very nice to me. Im up for meeting for a coffee. Not next week as its half term but anyone free week after? Mon or tues (5th/6th). 3rd FEC Wednesday so will be out for count again.
Feeling less scared more determined today. 🙂
tors

Hi, I'm 2 years post treatment. I met a bunch of younger women from the Manchester area at the BCC younger women's forum, after my treatment had finished. We've stayed friends and have a closed Facebook group. From chatting to each other it became abundantly clear that there was a gap in the help given to younger women by the local hospitals. None of us had been linked in with other young women in the area who were going through what we were at the time. However, when we met after treatment we soon realised that we'd only been a ten minute drive away from each other and was going through the same thing at the same time. How different it would have been to be Linked with each other, and others, earlier, rather than feeling so isolated as the odd one out amongst the older ladies in the waiting room. We've just set up a facebook page called "manchester younger women's breast cancer network", which we hope will serve to show local girls that they are not alone or freakoids or isolated, and that there are other young women going through this, living round the corner, right now. It's new, there's not many people on it, but it's got to start somewhere. Come join us if you want xxx

Stephie77

Hi fondue girl, Sarah.
I am in the Manchester area, white field, and I had my 1st FEC 12 days ago
I am 35( but only just ) and would be happy to share experiences .
I have a 13 year old stepson also.

I'm here!!!

Steph xx
Aeani

Hi I'm Annie in Denton Manchester
Im 48 was diagnosed with DCIS and IDC both in left breast. I had a mx 2 weeks ago. just received my are silts unfortunately worse than I'd prepared for.
i now Nederland 6 chemo the herceptin for 12 months, but have to go back for surgery on the 30th for node clearance. To say m scared of everything is an understatement.
Id be great full to chat talk to anyone really. Familily are great but already tired of hearing the be positive, your strong, don't stop fighting remarks.
i think to talk to someone on the same path helps.
Hopefully we can all hold each othother, be nice to find friends whother me.
Thanks ladies Annie xx
hibald

Hi Sarah
Just to say I PM'd you as requested, but not sure if I have done it correctly as I am new to this site.
Swoot

Hi everyone, hope you're all getting on ok. I'm not in Manchester either, but do log on to BCC faregularly after I was diagnosed in July. I seem to be on a slightly different treatment plan than others, as I'm having chemo, surgery, rads then hormone therapy. Happy to answer any questions you might have.
@Fonduegirl, I'm on FEC-T too, just had my first Tax today after 3 FEC with 2 more Tax to go. I was quite sick after my first FEC and mentioned it to my oncologist who prescribed me Emend on top of the other anti-emetics I had been given. 2nd FEC was much better as a result. The onc also suggested I start my anti-emetics the evening of my treatment, rather than wait until the next day as I had been advised. It might be worth asking before your next session? Hope you get on ok.
Fonduegirl

Hi Brady40/Hibald
Thank you for the welcome. Actually I'd much rather be here than sitting on my own, it's a wonderfully supportive place and informative too. Brady40 Re your DCIS to invasive find the me thing happened to me, although by that time I sort of expected it and it wasn't so much of a shock. Do you know what kind of chemo your are having yet? Mine is 3 FEC and 3 TAX. I had the first one on the 26th Sept I was sick all night dispite anti sickness tablets but everyday I felt a little better and now I am almost back to normal so I have a week of feeling good to look forward to. 🙂 thanks for letting me know about the chemotherapy section I'll have a look over there too. My type is triple negative so won't be having hormone treatment. Sorry you have to go through surgery again. Are they doing the nodes at the same time?
Hibalb it really sounds as if you've been through it too. Where is your further cancer? Breast too? Where are you having treatment? If you want to meet up next week for a coffee and a chat PM me. This website is great for information and finding out what to expect. I will gladly shared my experiences with you. To know is to demystify...hopefully 🙂
hibald

Hi Sarah
I'm in Northenden, Manchester. I was diagnosed in August with BC, stage 3. I'm 47. I've completed a course of Lapatinib, had surgery and all lymph nodes removed. About to have a ct scan then start Chemo. Just been told this week that further cancer has been found and more surgery will be needed later one. I feel the same as yourself in that I'm thinking I might need to talk to someone who knows what I'm going through. Family and friends have been great but it's all new for them too.
Brady40

Hi Sarah - and a subdued welcome to a place I am sure you don't really want to be!

I am not in your area but happy to chat online if it helps. I am a bit behind you with treatment - am awaiting a SLN biopsy and re-WLE excision as my diagnosis changed from DCIS to invasive cancer after my initial WLE and surgeon did not get clear margins on the DCIS. Like you though I have been advised due to grade I will definately have chemotherapy plus radiotherapy and hormone treatment. ext 6 or so years sound like a blast don't they...

I don't know if it would help but I know there are threads in the Undergoing Chemotherapy section of this forum where people discuss their treatment. There are threads for people starting in certain months so you will be able to find those at the same stage as you.
Fonduegirl

Are there any groups for young women in South Manchester?

Is Anyone based in south Manchester? I live in Chorlton.
I was diagnosed in August with invasive ductal carcinoma. I had WLE and looks like they got it all but size and grade mean Chemotherapy. I had my first on last week and am thinking I might need to talk to someone who knows what I'm going thru.
I'm 37 mother of one 3 year old girl. Family and friends have been great but it's all new for them too.
let me know if you are out there.
Sarah