68.6K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any groups in the North East Area Regularly Meeting/still Active!

9 REPLIES 9
scoobiesue

Re: Are there any groups in the North East Area Regularly Meeting/still Active!

I am in Darlington. My nearest meeting place would be York. Thanks for your reply Sue

Morwenna_BCC

Hi Sue, thanks for your question. The Moving Forward Courses are for people with primary breast cancer. We do have services for people living with secondary breast cancer, you can find out more here. Depending on where you are in the north east, the nearest are in York and Edinburgh. Morwenna.

scoobiesue

Are these courses with SBC.  I am interested in ladies with SBC in the NE, Sue

Morwenna_BCC

Hi Nicki, I manage Breast Cancer Care's services in the North East and I just wanted to let you know about 

our new Moving Forward Courses starting in this area (Hartlepool in January and Stockton-on-Tees in May) which are a series of information sessions on life after treatment. If you're interested in coming along to this just call 0345 077 1893.

Morwenna

jinny2611

I live in norton my treatment was at North tees x
kurup

All my treatment has been at North Tees. I will ask again about what goes on at james cook but was led to believe not much happening. X
cally

I left the North east about 6 years ago but i have friends who still attend the group at the Holistic centre.
Will you be going to James cook for treatment or will it all be done at north tees?
Take cRe
Cally x

kurup

Thanks for that ! Not sure that they exist or are going as strong anymore unfortunately. It was through bcn that the suggestion was made. How long ago were you active in the groups Cally xx
cally

Hello Nicki
I used to live at Norton and know there is a great group that meets regularly at the holistic centre at James cook hospital.
There also used to be a group at Billingham....your BC nurse will probably know.
I had my treatment at north tees and james cook.
Good luck
Cally xx

kurup

Are there any groups in the North East Area Regularly Meeting/still Active!

Hi,

I would like to know if there are any groups active in the above area. If you attend one / organise one can you please let me know, where, when, how often meets, its agenda, howmany attend, independent/hospital affiliated, activities, who is it open to etc etc.

I am 4 weeks post mastectomy, just starting Chemotherapy, desperately seking company of other like individuals......to share experiences, support, tears, shoulders and group hugs .

If there is no group I am more than willing to look into starting one. 

I currently receive treatment at North Tees University Hospital, Stockton.... I travel quite a distance from the N.Yorkshire/Co.Durham border ...... but would be more than willing to set/start something off .. there is a lovely large Costa Coffee shop near the breast Unit ...... anyone interested could initialy meet me in there ..... we could 'grow' from there if there are any takers.

Initially I would say this group is 'open' to women of all ages ...... and we could develop from this. I am incidentally 45, married, 3 children 21, 18, 16. I am 46 next week march 5th - my first Chemotherapy cycle starts the day before. I would hate to sound 'ageist' but I do feel many groups seem to be for the 'Young' or 'Older women' ........I feel alienated from both ..... I feel there is a strong need for an 'inbetweeners' (40-55) group, but initially lets just try to get something off the ground.

Kind regards

Nicki x