Are there any young women in their forties living in North H

Are there any young women in their forties living in North H

Are there any young women in their forties living in North H I have started this new topic on behalf of new user shogun

Kind Regards
Forum Host
Breast Cancer Care

Hi,
I would like to hear from any women living in the North Herts area Stevenage if pos! Look at my profile and that will explain why.
Regards Shogun

I’m in Hitchin Hi Shogun,
I can’t read your profile yet though…Any clues?
Naomi

MSG for Shogun Hi,
Yes! I am in my early forties and live 3 miles north of Hitchin, I tried to look in your profile but there was nothing there!
Looking forward to hearing form you
Elizabeth

I’m in Stevenage and 39 so very nearly 40 - I can’t read your profile either but am here if you need me.

janie

Shogun, if you could reply… Hi Shogun,
it would be good to know what we could do to help. If you could reply, we could then read your profile.
best wishes
Naomi

North Herts Ladies Thanks to everyone who replied to my message.Not quite sure why you can’t read my profile .

Anyway here’s a little info about me.
I am 43 years old divorced and have a son who is eleven going on twenty-one !
In sept 2006 I was diagnosed with breast cancer in my left breast which I found while having a bath. I had the lump removed along with a few lymph nodes. I was fortunate and didn’t need chemo and had 18 sessions of radiotheraphy.

I am now on tamoxifen for the next five years and taking it hasn’t been too bad so far.I have been taking it since 6th Dec 2006.
Has anyone experienced mood swings while taking it?
Would like to hear from others who have had a samilar experience to me.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Shogun

message for Naomi S Hi Naomi and thanks for getting back to me.
I feeling a little low at the moment and thought it would help to talk to others who have had similiar experiences to me. I have had counselling and that really has helped. I spend alot of time going for walks and therefore getting as much exercise as I can. Like alot of women like us who are recovering from BC I try to keep positive!
I no longer plan and take each day as it comes!

Hope to hear from you soon.

Shogun

Hi Shogun
Well regarding tamoxifen, and mood swings, i’d say it was more life in general after treatment that is giving me mood swings!

If you think its all about tamoxifen side effects, do go back to your gp. I got given some tablets to help with hot flushes, that have worked - it wasn’t the hot flushes, it was the disturbed sleep, then tiredness that really got me down, and trying to get back to ‘normal’ with work etc.

I’ve changed, and I wouldn’t say it is or isn’t due to thedrugs, but its certainly to do with having to come to terms with the cancer. Sometimes I’m a bit kinder with the pace of people, other times i’m less patient when people are ‘sweating the little things’ or indeed fussing and wasting my time - don’t they know its precious! I’m not nearly back to normal, and doubt I ever will be ‘as before’ - its about getting to a new normal i suppose.

Would you like to try to sign onto the ‘other’ site, and see if we could meet up? Hitch wood is nice just now - i don’t know if you know it!

Elizabeth, Janie, are you interested?
best wishes
Naomi

Im in St Neots hi Shogun

i started Tamoxifen two months ago, does wanting to stab your husband in the hand count as a little mood swing?

How you finding your hair, im hearing some horror stories on this web site with Tam and then hair, mine is only just starting to grow back from chemo so dont need this bugger to stop it growing, not sure how long i can cope with the wigs especially through a hot summer.

Tracey
x

message for Naomi S Hi Naomi,
Thanks for the advice.I have sent you a message on the other site.
Hope things with you are ok.
Best wishes
Shogun

Message for Tracey in St Neots Hi Tracey,

Thanks for getting back to me! I have had no probs with hair as I didn’t need chemo.However it seems to be the tamoxifen that has affected me the most.I find that I can’t enjoy a glass of wine like I use to. Before taking tamoxifen I could have the odd glass of wine but since taking it,I feel really sick and not too well afterwards. Have tried other alcholic drinks but the same result. Well looks like I won’t be drinking for the next 5 years(Lol).

Best Wishes,

Shogun