Arimadex and anxiety

Hi ladies…I’ve been on arimadex for a month now and have found that my anciety and depression has gone into overload…crying about 30 times a day!..does this sound familiar? Xx

Hi Rachy

Sorry to hear you are struggling with the side effects.  I certainly felt very raw when I started on Anastrazole, although the side effects did start to ease off with time.  That said, I was changed to Exmestane after 6 months for other reasons, and am tolerating it very well.  Didn’t want to ignore your post and hope you get some improvement.  If you have a history of anxiety and depression, several of the women on here have found some of the medications given can make them worse.  However, there are alternatives; and worth a conversation with your GP or BCN. x

Hi Rachy, it does seem quite normal for hormone tablets to cause mood swings. However, if they are of real concern then you should see your consultant. There are always alternatives that can be prescribed. Sending a hug. X

Hi ldies…Thanks for that. I Have just phoned my breast care nurse who has advised me to speak to my GP to see if he can review the anti depressant that I am on…I suffer from anxiety anyway but I feel,as of lately, I am just crying at the drop of a hat xx

Hi Lozzie…same here… mine kicked in about a month after taking them I think… I don’t know what to do…im also on anti depressants too.
I’ve just come back from a week in the Lake District that was ruined really by my constant crying (apart from 1 day) and low moods… had some quite dark nights. I’m waiting got my BC nurse to ring me back xx