Arimidex and Carpal Tunnel??

Hi
I’ve now being taking Arimidex for nearly a year and have just had my second round of injections for carpal tunnel, which is 1 of the SE.
Has anyone one else had this Se???
As I am wondering if I continue taking Arimidex will I continue to have problems??As of the moment I have 1 hand in a splint : ( as its not coping with the injections and I believe they only give 3 goes then the next option is surgery : (

Anyone else have these probs???

Jenhar
xxx

Hi Jenhar, I have a lot of probs with right hand and numbness in all fingers but told it was not carpel tunnel. Am on Arimidex but so far the symptoms are being put down to ANC which was back at the end of May. I had a very painful elbow post op told this was from having my arm strapped on a board for 2 ½ hours during op. Am seeing a physio and doing exercises to stretch. Not sure that this is at all what you have. Is it one hand or both? Jackie

Hi Libby
I have it in both hands : (
And have been told yes it is a SE from the Arimidex and from having treatment for cancer (although 1 doc said it should not be long term) but if I’m on Arimidex for another 4yrs !!! Am I to suffer for that lenght of time??

Jenhar
xx

Hi

i have been diagnosed with carpel tunnel syndrome. I have stopped taking Arimdex at the beginning of October. I have also got Rumatoid artrithis as well as raynards syndrome. I think that all these symtoms are related to taking arimdex. I have been given tamifon in December but haven’t taken it yet as I am afriad of the side affects.

I am awaiting rrsulys from various tests so that treatment can begin.

I am in alot of pain and discomfort. I didn’t expect to have more health issues after being diagnosed with breast cancer.

Does anyone else hve these problems?

Thanks

Maureen