Arimidex & painfull intercourse

Hi, sorry in advance for talking about this but I am at my whits end!
I am taking Arimidex as well as zoladex as it’s a secondary spread.
My Doctor thinks that it’s the armidex thats causing my problems: I don’t suffer at all with dryness but have pain durring intercourse. Does anyone else suffer the same as all discussions I’ve read they have the dryness. I’m asking as I’m not convinced that it is the arimidex causing the problems, so would love someone to confirm that they have the same issues???

Hi KatieSian

Whilst you wait for the the other users to reply with their experiences and advice you might find it useful to read the fact sheet on arimadex, it has a section on possible side effects. If you would like to order a copy or read this on line just use the link below:-

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/treatment-side-effects/anastrozole-arimidex-bcc31

I hope you find this helpful.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Hi Katie, Yes, I had similar preoblems on Arimidex, and oncologist said it was down to the drugs. We use a product called Sylk, best purchase ever. I now get it on prescription. You can use it all the time or only ‘when required’. It is a very soothing and non greasy product and does not iritate the area down below. Give it a try, you may find it helps.

Thanks Birgit,

I’ve tried Sylk and unfortunately it didn’t work
Thanks so much for replying, appreciate it x