Armidex

I am new to the site and a month on from surgery, WLE and 16 lymph nodes removed. I have healed well, got an appointment for pre radiotherapy in a couple of weeks and began Arimidex yesterday. Having looked through some of the threads I would like to know if anyone has had this treatment without having so many awful side effects?

Hello Islander, I had WLE, 4 nodes removed (clear) followed by 15 sessions of radiotherapy in 2015 and have been taking Anastrozole (Arimidex) for almost 3 years now.  The only side effects I’ve noticed are the hot flushes, occasional mood swings and maybe poorer sleep.  If I have a tropical moment I just joke that “it’s the tablets”!  I’ve also read the comments on the forum and feel extremely fortunate to be tolerating the drug pretty well.  As suggested in other posts, I have kept to the same brand (Teva) so this may have helped, I don’t know. Hope you get on OK.

I’ve been on it for a year, along with zoladex to make me postmenopausal as I’m only 38. I feel fine on it. No probs to report. I get slightly warm at times but nothing major. I’m also active and run regularly so I don’t stop doing anything xx