cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armpit after surgery.

4 REPLIES 4
scattyshirl

Re: Armpit after surgery.

Thanks Jaye. Trying to get a happy medium of working the arm and not over doing it! Good to hear of other's experience.
Jaye

Hi

I had surgery in March and I think it felt easier after about a month.  You are doing the exercises so that will help and perhaps the swimming would be good exercise too.   Don't over do it though.

I'm about 5 months down the line and still get a bit of discomfort under the arm, especially in evenings.  I also find if I have been lifting that it aches a bit.  

Best wishes

Jaye x

scattyshirl

Thank you, that sounds awful! Mornings and evenings are worst, just want to get comfortable again, can feel my skin stretching and I hate it! Time heals but I am clearly a massive wimp!
Atat

Hi
I had a swelling the size of a grapefruit in my axilla. It was circa a month before it began to improve, but everyone's body is different. Important to do exercises.
Atat
scattyshirl

Armpit after surgery.

I had surgery 2 weeks ago, lymph nodes clear thankfully, but the tightness of the skin around my armpit is hugely irritating! In the grand scheme of things it sounds trivial, but I just wondered how long it is before the tightness starts to ease. I am doing the exercises 3 times a day as recommended. I can handle the discomfort to a point and intend to start swimming again soon. Just would be nice to have an optimistic time scale to aim for!