Armpit / breast

Hi. Sorry to post but having a freak out moment. For months and months I’ve had pain the my left armpit and lower boob which has been constant. I left it but then my boob changed. Feels larger and harder and my armpit feels swollen and my nipple has gone in. Pain has also increased. I went to the doctor and she referred me for a mammogram and scan. The appointment should be received in 2 weeks. I feel sick with worry. I Googled which is the wrong thing to do. Do these symptoms sound familiar to anyone?

Hi, I understand how you feel as I have also been referred under the two week appointment. I was referred on Thursday and got my letter on Saturday so really quickly. It is not an appointment but telling me to call to make an appointment, so will call Monday when they open. I have a hard lump in my armpit but also my nipple has dropped lower on my left side. I did not even know that this was a symptom of breast Cancer. I have read that there is so much more they can do with better outcomes. So I’m trying to stay positive but it’s difficult. This website is so good because personally I don’t feel I am alone. There is a phone number on the homepage if you need to talk to someone. Hope it all goes well for you.

Nine months after being diagnosed (screen detected) I think that you two ladies are likely to be more afraid than I am! It’s a horrible, scary time when you are waiting for appointments and then after the breast clinic, if you have to wait for results, that is awful too!

Try to keep away from general Googling, there are some scary places out there! This site and the forum are great, and for straight facts, Macmillan or Cancer Research are also useful.

It’s all too easy at this stage to fear the worst, and fill in the gaps about the things you don’t know with negative thoughts. I know it’s almost impossible but try to keep your mind off it as much as you can!

Keep us updated about you appointments.

Amanda x

Hiya, I’ve had my mammogram & biopsy due to a 2.5 cm hard lump. Turns out I have a swollen arm pit so they did a biopsy there. Don’t Google it. I get my results on Friday. I hope your appointment is soon & goes well!!!