Ascites

Hi All

Had to come back early from holiday in France after stomach blowing up like a balloon and getting increasingly tight. Couldn’t eat properly or breathe properly. Anyhow have seen the consultant and had ascites diagnosed.

Had it drained on Thursday. The consultant thought he could see about 3 litres of fluid but after 24 hours of slow drainage the amount that came out was about 1.5 litres. They didn’t want to leave the drain in any longer to prevent infection. 

So after a night in hospital I came home yesterday. This morning still feeling bloated and tight, obviously it’s a bit less after losing 1.5 litres but I was expecting it to be so much better. Feeling fed up and worried. Anyone else experienced similar?

Had a CT scan yesterday and get results Monday, fearing the worst as I am currently on a chemo break but lymphatic system in melt down. Lymphs on neck really pronounced, Lymphoedema in both legs (just one previously) and in groin. Feels like I am carrying round 2 extra stone in weight.

Have already had 4 different chemos plus hormonal treatments (I am ER+) & concerned I am running out of options.

Apologies for the moan but am feeling fed up & scared.

Smartie x

Hiya smartie.
I’m so sorry you have been having problems and your holiday was spoilt …I’m afraid I don’t have any answers but thought I would send you loads of hugs xxxx???

Smartie in November I had ascites.I was in Portugal on holiday.stomach blew up.when I landed back him I went to a.and e.they til me I was constipated?..after two days I had to go back I was in agony then diagnosed ascites.had it drained was in hosp for six days.came him and two weeks later it blew up again .i went back in for five days and had it drained again.by that time. I was on
Docetaxol

I havnt had it since but oncologists think it may come back…sharin

Smartie…i find if I eat regular meals…and make sure I dont get constipated it helps quite a bit…i understand your fears I get them too…but hang on in.xx❤ sharon