Atypical Ductal Hyperplasia

Hi new to this forum . I had a sterotactic biopsy done in June and the result has come back stating that I have the condition stated above. The consultant sent me a letter saying they had fthese me to have Atypical Ductal Hyperplasia and treatment would not be required at this stage. I would be monitored by annual mammals. Having read some information labour ADH I am a bit panicky to say the least. Has anyone else been told they have this how ere you given an explanation as to how the cells swerve graded etc. I have to say I feel as tho I am a walking time bomb. WilGUI have to undergo repeated biopsies year in year out to determine the cells haven’t mutated again because that was truly awful. The wait for the results and by letter denying me the chance to ask relevant questions about what could be a possibility for me in the future. Can anyone try to put my mind at ease, I would be grateful for your insight?

Hi Lor1c and welcome to the BCC forums

In addition to the support you will soon have here please also feel free to call our helpliners on 0808 800 6000, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays to talk through the concerns you have. You may find the following link to the BCC ‘ADH’ information useful to read:

Take care

Lucy

Hi

I have recently been diagnosed with this after a routine mammo. followed by a core biopsy. The Onc. said there should be nothing to worry about, it wasn’t cancer, not pre cancer either, but he wanted to remove the abnormality and test just to be sure.

Last week I had a Radiosotope?, under general anaesthetic and I am awaiting the results , but he reiterated that it didn’t look sinister and unlikely to be of concern, just need to keep monitoring.

I would go back to your doctor and speak to them again, if you can.