Awaiting Core biopsy result

Hi i’m new on here and very nervous, I’m 40 in a few weeks and found a lump on friday, saw my Dr on Mon and in the clinic Wed.I had a mammogram, ultra sound then called in for a core biopsy. I get my results back on wednesday. I dont know what to think or what to say. I know you have all been there and just need advice :frowning:
Thanks xx

Hi Kazzy and welcome to the BCC forums

I am sure your fellow users will be along soon with support for you and in addition our helpliners are available 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Sat on 0808 800 6000 and offer a listening ear during this worrying time for you

Take care

Lucy

Hi Kazzy, im 41 & I’ve just been through this too & the not knowing is the worst part & your mind always thinks the worst , yet at same time kept hoping , hoping , hoping for good news , if wishing worked then I would’ve been ok ! Unfortunately on 11th Dec confirmed my lump was bc & had spread to my lymph nodes, just had surgery & getting results on Wednesday , so back to the agonising waiting game again !
Nothing much I can say to help other than we all know what your going through, keep busy & fresh air is my only tip & try not to lie awake at 2 in the morning thinking the worst , fingers crossed you get good news but if not then you will find lots of support & tips on here to help you … Don’t google looking for info
really hope you get lucky , take care
karen x

Hi Kazzy
Take someone else along to your appt for results so that they can mop up any points you miss. I wrote down some questions I wanted to ask in case they didn’t cover them all - such as ‘does the core biopsy mean the [DCIS, in my case] cells are now leaked out into the breast from a contained area?’ (the answer was no - but I was pleased I asked).
Even such things as what the next step was seemed to get confused as I tried to recall what was said and was lucky the other person with me helped to put the missing info in. Between us we had all the information.
I’m going for post op results on Wednesday so will be thinking of everyone getting their results for various things.
Post script - this site was a good source of information and although I had to wait a longish time for the biopsy results, I was pretty genned up by the time the day came.
V

Thanks to you both and i hope things go well for you both on wednesday. My mind is overloaded with info from reading comments on here . has time gets closer my feelings are getting worse every thing i see or hear is cancer related , i drove to asda today and passed a bill board it said well i read it as “Its cancer , don’t be afraid .” I’m not sure if it did or not but thats what flashed before me .The consultant said if things are ok i would get a call tomoz but then told me not to worry if i didnt ,so if i dont i’m going to be going out my mind. My husband is coming with me and he can take it all in, he got a bit emotional last night after a couple of drinks which is not like him . right i’m starting to go on to much .
thanks
karen x

Exactly what I went through ! Everything on the tv or radio was cancer related ! my consultant said the results would take a week but could take up to 2 weeks ! I had my mobile on at work & jumped at every call , eventually when I got the call just to say my results were in could I go down to the hospital I burst into tears . The receptionist didn’t understand why I was crying she had only told me to call down at 2pm lol but no one can imagine what an agonising week it had been until it happens to you .
What I have picked up on here is everyones situation is different & your best picking up threads that relate to you ( hopefully you won’t need to ! ) its not easy & saying that I’ve just been reading about side effects of Herceptin & don’t even know what type I am yet so my not need it !
I took my OH , my mam offered but I couldn’t put her through it anymore than I have plus I think she is a lot more emotional than my OH & we would’ve just cried & not listened to anything the consultant said . My OH was upset but still managed to take some of it in .
hopefully you will only have one more day of waiting to go & you receive good news

Karen 1971 and Kazzy 14 big hugs and good luck for your results later today. I get mine next Tuesday and cant wait to sleep again - whatever the results they cant be worse than this waiting!
x

Good luck to everyone with their results today. Fingers crossed for you all xxx

ls xx

I hope it goes well with everyone expecting their results today, mine is on the 28th of this month.
Waiting for breast core biopsy,after the removal of my infected silicon it takes several months before the wound heal up properly. I was ask to go for breast core biopsy, am now waiting for my result.
Theboyz5 xxx.