Awaiting a scan

Hi everyone,

After some advice really! I noticed a small lump in my right breast a few weeks ago. Didn’t think anything of it. Did a check yesterday and it appears to have grown. I’ve been to the doctors this morning. She doesn’t think that it’s anything to be worried about but has referred me to the breast clinic, in view of the lump and my family history. Understandably, I am quite worried and waiting for tests etc always increases anxiety in these situations. I was wondering how long it takes from referral to appointment (I’m in manchester) and what the scan is like. Any advice for the waiting period would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hello Ooofiddlesticks

Welcome to the forums, you’ve come to the right place for support as the users of this site have a wealth of experience and knowledge between them.

If you would like to talk to someone in confidence you may like to phone our helpline  where you can talk to a member of staff who are there to support you. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes

June, moderator

Hi
Afraid I dont know what the waiting time is like in your area but down here in east sussex I waited 11 days to hear from hospital (7 actual working days) then my appointment was 2 weeks later. I had a mammogram and ultrasound and personally found them both fine. I am lucky enough that our hospital gives results on the same day so didnt have to wait for days afterwards wondering but I know a lot do have to wait roughly a week for results. Hope this helps x

Thanks :slight_smile: I work at the hospital so I got a colleague to check today. It’s a week on Thursday. Thanks again