Awaiting biopsy results - Scared

Hi, 

I was refered to the breast clinic as I had noticed a small dent on my left breast. During the examination the Doctor found a lump which she thought was a cyst so sent me down for an ultrasound. The Doctor carrying out the ultrasound said it wasn’t a cyst and that it was probably a fibroadenoma. However, she needed to do a biopsy to check, which she did then and there. She had no concerns about the small dent.

I am now waiting for the results which I should have by the end of the week. I have two young children and I am petrified that it is BC, how certain can the doctor be from looking at the ultrasound that it is a fibroadenoma? I know I shouldn’t but I can’t stop googling it and can’t really focus on anything else at the moment. The whole thing has been a bit of a shock and Friday cannot come soon enough!

Thanks in advance for any advice x 

hi sb7,
Waiting for results is always the worst, but at least its being properly checked out. As you now know, the biopsy is needed to confirm what it is. Thankfully, the majority of results are clear & even if, on the off chance, it is bc, it is very treatable these days.
Easier said than done, but try to step away from google & keep busy. Friday will arrive & let us know what happens.
ann
x