Awaiting core biopsy results.

Hi, 

I have been reading the threads on here for a few weeks now. Last Thursday I went to the breast clinic after being referred by my Doctor as I found what feels like a fairly large lump.

The Doctor I saw initially at my appointment examined me and said he thought it was a cyst. The ultrasound confirmed that if was not a cyst and sent me for a mammogram. ( I am 32)

I then waited for some time (5 hours in was total appointment length from start to finish) The Doctor who initially examined my said both Ultrasound and Mammogram show suspicious content, also they wanted to test a lymph node.

I was sent for a core biopsy the next day and am now very anxious about the results. Can anyone help? I cannot sleep and am extremely distracted. We went from nothing to worry about to ultrasound, mammogram and core biospy of breast lump and lymph node…is this normal?

Advice please?! x

Welcome to the Breast Cancer Care discussion forums, you’ve come to the right place for some good, honest support from the many informed users of this site.

While you are waiting for replies, our helpline team are just a free phone call away and are there for both emotional and practical support.  They will be only too happy to talk things through with you.   0808 800 6000 lines open Mon-Fri 9-5 and Sat 10-2

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Hi Rachel,

It’s perfectly natural to be very anxious about the results - the waiting is a torturous time when our imaginations go into overdrive. I see you posted a few days ago - have you got your results yet? To answer your question I think the 3 checks are pretty standard at these referrals.
I hope you’re feeling a bit better today xx

Hi Rachel and hope your ok I had a large lump in my breast which after scan mammogram and biopsy showed cancer. While only at the start of the journey all I can say is you will have a lot of tests but overall I have found it very quick with Minimal waiting they scan all of you so you have a full picture doex not hurt and I find knowing what is what helps. Breastcare cancer are amazing call or cont to post questions. You are not alone.