Awaiting results

Hello ladies,

Like so many of you I am completely strung out with worry!!
I found an egg sized lump in my breast 17 days ago. Firm, rubbery very mobile. GP Referred me to breast clinic ASAP, had ultrasound and 4xcore biopsies 1 week ago. The large lump is a cyst which was aspirated (they took off 30mls of dark brown fluid). Inside the cyst was a smaller sold mass which they have biopsied. I was given no inclination as to what this might be. Just told results will take 2-3 weeks!!! Why, oh why is it such a long wait?
I’m a nurse at the hospital where my tests are bring carried out, so today, I went knocking on the door of one if the breast care nurses. She couldn’t tell me Anything except I was discussed at the MDT meeting today and the team are waiting the histology on the samples. She said the results will be back by next tues, at which point i will be contacted via a letter. I have begged her to speak with my consultant and stress how absolutely crazy the wait is making me. She took my number and promised to phone me Xmas eve once results are back but stressed she can’t formally give me the results?
I am currently getting divorced, moving house, working F/T, looking after my son and have finally hit breaking point. Can’t eat, sleep or concentrate. Today the worry and waiting has consumed me and I haven’t stopped sobbing since I’ve got home from work.

Please can anyone offer me some advice?!?

Thanks girls x

Hi worriedbex and welcome to the BCC forums where you will find support from your fellow users

Please also feel free to call our helpliners to talk your concerns through, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays on 0808 800 6000, our team are here with practical and emotional support for you

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hi WorriedBex

So sorry that you are having to go through this. I am currently waiting for my chemo to start, have had lumpectomy and Lymph nodes removed successfully. The reason I was drawn to your thread is I am only 46, my sister who is 2 years younger went to her GP because she was worried about family history. She was referred and had a mammogram and ultrascan which showed several “masses”. She has really big boobs so hadn’t felt anything. She too had fluid drained, which she said was really painful and then another mammogram which showed the masses to still be there. She had to go back and have more biopsies and then had to wait 10 days for the results. She was in total bits, as I am sure you are but to cut a long story short she had the results yesterday and they are benign fibrous (not sure of the spelling!) lumps, nothing to worry about and they will leave them be. I know your wait will be awful, I have been there but your case sounds so similar to my sisters that I am keeping everything crossed for you that the outcome will be the same.

Much love to you

Sam xx

Sam! Thank you for taking the time to read and post. That’s great news about your sister.
I just wish I could chill out a bit. Good luck with your chemo x