71762members
376426posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Axillary dissection tomorrow! Right choice?

3 REPLIES 3
SandraSussex

Re: Axillary dissection tomorrow! Right choice?

Hi!
Currently in hospital had clearance yesterday! I have a drain but no pain.

My surgeon said there was only a micromet on one node when I had lumpectomy so she must have taken more at that time!

Apparently she said there were no fat ones in the dissection so hopefully all negative!

No regrets think I have made the right decision!

Sandra x
Argymargy

Totally agree with Anniej.  I've had similar journey.  I did have cording but this is being sorted.  No sign of lymphoedema and I think you just need to be sensible about minimising your risk.  Most important is following the medical advice and being religious about exercises, however much you can't be arsed on some days it is the key to regaining mobility and avoiding complications.

Anniej
Community Champion

Hi Sandra,  We're all terrified on here, so welcome to the club. Yours sounds like mine! I had a 23mm ductal tumour, grade 3 stage 2. My biopsies weren't great, so the lumpectomy and excision were done at the same time.50% of the nodes showed abnormalities so a good recommendation for me. I did my exercises religiously, no Lymphodema or cording,  and I am now going into chemo. The chemo is because of the number of lymph nodes affected. My advice is to have faith in your medical team, they only want what is best for you. Just take one step at a time. The large tumour is gone and you have clear margins - how great is that? If one LN is iffy it can be dealt with. You've come this far and done so well. Best wishes for a good outcome for you. Let us know how you get on. Sending a virtual hug. X

SandraSussex

Axillary dissection tomorrow! Right choice?

I had a lumpectomy on 30 th March along with SNB! A clear margin was gained but a micromet was found on sentinel node!

I am Grade 2 estrogen + her 2 neg 3cm lump!

I am terrified! In some countries micromets are treated as negative and the thought of lymphodema is scary too!

Sandra x