Axillary node removal and nerve pain

I have just had more nodes removed under my arm pit and further surgery in the breast 

there are clear margins 

11 nodes removed in total 

the first op took two which showed cancer and then a further 9 removed but with inky 1 showing cancer.

over the last 10 days I have developed the worst  pain in my arm 

feels like somebody is holding a lighter under my arm pit and burning me  

the back of my arm feels so bruised and my elbow also 

I am left haded and it my left side that has  been affected.

i t is 10/19 on the pain score and is throbbing and burning so much I nearly went the hospital A&E 

i an taking as many pain meds - tramadol / co codamol - pregabalin ( which I have for my neuropathic facial pain ) naproxen and diazepam 

sometimes twice the dose of all of them infact 4 tramadol in one go :( 

nothing helps at all 

I can’t knit or draw or sew which is my distraction as I’m left handed and it hurts too much 

I am at my wits end 

doing all the exercises strictly.

my mood I’d getting worse - 

I haven’t even started Chemo or Radiotherapy yet 

what should I do ???

Bizzylizzy i had mx and snb 2 weeks ago and have had the arm pain. My nurse told me to put a heart shaped pillow under my arm and it has really helped. However, i think you need to phone your nurse or go to see your gp. Also have you accessed any reiki or alternative treatments which might help.

It sounds like you are very stressed which could possible be making the pain worse too. Perhaps some meditation might also help. Good luck and hope things improve for you xx

Hi Bizzylizzy

Like Ali says it sounds like you need to speak to your nurse or gp again. Sorry to hear you are still struggling.

Do you know what the plan is for your treatment? I know I felt a lot better once I had dates of treatment in place.