B3 and c3 following core and needle biopsy

I had a needle and a core biopsy both b3 this has been going on since October 2016 they now want me to have an ultrasound on 24th Jan and if still there??? (Not sure if can just disappear) they will do a vacuum? I just want it removed but feel like I have no say. I had skin cancer last year too.

Hi Lolo

I think you need to get some clarity about what procedure they intend to do and the purpose. You have choices and the professionals should discuss this with you. I am not sure if you attended the breast clinic following routine screening or if after you found a lump? I was b3 following biopsies that were taken during ultrasound. I couldn’t have vacuum due to position and depth of the problem. You definitely have a say - and I would get back in touch with your breast nurse.

S

Thank you for your advice. I have tried to speak to the nurses at the unit but only got a message via administration I was told the appt on 24th I will have ultrasound and see doctor but still very unsure. I spoke to my GP and she said much the same as you that I do have “patient choice” I was referred with a breast lump.

Hi Lolo

I was obviously lucky as I did have contact with my breast cancer nurse. I am not sure what your medical /screening unit is like - but I was told by my surgeont in the early days that vacuum biopsies need special kit - which is usually at hospital and is a pre planned procedure. It may be that you are seeing a senior/consultant radiologist to look at the ultra sound - you can then discuss next steps. Overall it sounds like you are in a confusing situation on top of the stress and anxiety that goes with all this.