BC Nurse

Hello,

I am enquiring as to how soon the breast care nurse nomally gets in touch?

I was diagnosed on the 18th September and they said my details would be passed to them, I’m due to have a lumpectomy on the 4th but I’ve not heard anything from them yet.

Did any of you contact them first? or am I just being impatient? x

Rabbit

I am presuming that you have been given all the paperwork in preparation for your op.  Have you had a pre op assessment yet? 

In my case I was given all the dates for my surgery etc at my diagnosis appointment, I didnt actually see my bcn again until the day of my op as she was in the day ward  when I was recovering from my op.

It might be worth giving them a call this afternoon just to check everything is in place with the op being next week.

Helena x

Hi Helena,

Thanks for your reply.

I have all the paperwork and they did the pre-op on the same day.

Maybe I will try and call her on Monday as they gave me a contact number. I just wanted to know if it would be ok to have a flu jab before the op but I’ll probably leave it now in case I have a reaction. x

Just call them rabbit. They will always call you backnif they are busy. Its always good to ask your questions and get some reassurance xx

I was introduced to mine on the first day after mammogram, Ultrasound and biopsy, so I knew that it was serious straight off!
I saw mine again for results of biopsy with surgeon and for post surgery results then I heard nothing until she rang my mobile yesterday when it was so obvious that she was just ticking me off a list, didn’t even know when my chemo was due to start! Far better support on here.

I honestly could not fault the BCN’s at my hospital. They are always there. If ypu call and they are busy they call you back and always have a listening ear and good advice. I think itcreally must be the luck of the draw xx

Hi Rabbit, my bcn phoned a couple of days after I was diagnosed to check I was ok and have phoned back a couple of times if I’ve enquired about something xx