BC

Hi, I have only just found this forum wish I ha d seen it sooner. I’m due to have 6th and final chemo next week no 5 was much harder than the others I’m dreading number 6. I go to the hospital each week to get my pick line cleaned but now as soon as I walk into the chemo room I feel physically sick. When will my hair start to grow back I’ve been lucky havnt lost my eyebrows and eye lashes completely yet
Good luck to everyone else going through same

Hi Warran21 - I had my last one last Tuesday. I had 6 cycles of FEC-T and I noticed my hair had started to grow back just before my 5th dose. I lost my eye lashes and most of my eyebrows. I think my eyebrows are starting to grow back too :slight_smile:
What regime have you been having? Will you be on radiotherapy as well? I start that on 25 May.
Have a look around the forum at the different threads - I know you’re coming to the end of chemo now, but you might still find them useful.
I’m glad you found us, I’ve found this forum such a good source of support over the past 6 months.
Kim xxx

Hi Warren 21,  welcome and we’ll done for getting to this point your almost there now :). 3rd fec is next week so my hair etc is in the going rather than when is it coming back stage but as Kim says  have a nosy at the threads loads if useful info there. Good luck x

Hi Warren well done for getting through most of it without the support of this amazing bunch of ladies.  Just a quick note on eyebrows/lashes.  We all kept ours until about a month after the last chemo & then they all went overnight, bar a few.  I’m only warning you because it feels a bit devastating when you think you’re back on the up.  Point of saying this is, that IF it does happen to you, don’t worry as they are back within 3-4 weeks, so not remotely like the head hair situation.  Hope it doesn’t happen to you, but I felt better because I was forewarned by the others (I was one of the last to finish on our thread because I had 7 cycles not 6). xx