BCC Lottery

I recently received a mail shot asking me to sign up for the BCC Lottery. I have never done any of the national lotteries so thought I would sign up for this one.
I have since spoken to several friends who use the various services of BCC and none of them have heard of this. I have checked the Home page and the fund raising link for BCC and found no mention of it there either. I am now wondering if this really is part Of BCC fund raising? Can anyone answer this please ? J

Hi libby 2010

Yes it is part of our fundraising and you can read more about it here http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/donate/weekly-lottery

Bump

Thanks Leah. This just doesn’t seem to be very well publicised. I certainly couldn’t find it via links on the home page. Also I had difficulty posting this in the first place.When will this post appear in ‘latest posts’
Cackles thanks for bumping

I tried to sign up for this but when I got to the payment section for processing it kept coming up with an error message.

I’m sure a lot of people would buy tickets for this and am more than a little surprised it hasn’t had more publicity

Hi lizcat

Thanks for letting us know, I’ll pass this on, there may well be a technical hitch. Thanks again.

Jo, Facilitator

If it helps, I managed to get signed up by the ‘big’ link at the top of the page, but the online link at the bottom told me I’d expired my session, when I hadn’t even started one!!
Nina

Thanks everyone. It’s great you’re interested in the lottery and thanks for signing up (or trying to!).

I’ll let the team who are working on the lottery know about the issues you’ve been having. I’ve already pointed them to this thread of course, but I’ll let them know the specifics.

We’re definitely planning to do more publicity, as we hope it’ll be a really good way to support Breast Cancer Care. It’s very early days, so thanks very much for getting on board!

Bump

Just to say thanks again, and we’ve fixed the glitch that you reported lizcat , so thanks for letting us know about it.