cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP after lymph node clearance

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: BP after lymph node clearance

Hi Em, I've got lymphodema in both arms as I've had breast cancer twice. Jilly is right. Your blood pressure can be taken from your calf. It's not quite as accurate I believe but it's adequate unless you are in an acute situation, in which case this would over ride the need to minimise lymphodema - in this scenario, I have a preferred arm - ie which one is the least worst to use so to speak. I also have bloods taken from my feet for routine blood tests. Hope this helps, Rattles x

Highlighted

Thank you. Can't believe it can be more painful than using my arms 🙂

Do you know if the readings from a calf measurement are equivalent to arm readings, or do they have to be adjusted?

Em

Highlighted

They can put the cuff round your calf.....can be a bit painful.😊

Highlighted

BP after lymph node clearance

Hi

I had lymph node clearance at the same time as my WLE, and have been told no needles or blood pressure measurements on that arm. 

During my chemotherapy I developed a blood clot in my other arm, and it hasn't gone. They have now stopped anticoagulant treatment, telling me that if it hasn't gone by now it isn't going to go.

So my question is, which arm should they use to take my blood pressure? The lymphedema clinic tell me it is more dangerous to use the arm with the clot, but my gp says not to use the arm with no lymph nodes. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for any advice.

Em