Back Pain like a really tight bra

Hi ladies,
I had ER,PR Neg HER Pos breast cancer Oct 2006 and had prophylactic mastectomy in 2008 as continous biopsies. I now have a constant back pain that feels like I am wearing a really tight bra and it hurts even worse at ight and then my legs feel restless and achey. Could this be a sign of bone mets? Has anyone ever had this before. It started about a month ago and has got worse (I thought it was just gardening) and when I sit it feels so tight and painful.
I had chemo but no radiotherapy but it is 6 years since BC and I am worried but also think Im being silly.

Would be so grateful if anyone else has had the same symptoms etc.

Thanks so much
Sue

Hi Sue,

While you are waiting for your fellow forum members to reply, could I suggest you give the helpline here a ring, they’re here to support you. Lines are open now and until 5pm tonight, calls are free, 0808 800 6000.

Take care

Jo, Facilitator

sue I am no expert on bone mets but I have had scans etc and have ’ hotspots’ on my spine and I was told is arthritis - I have pain in the middle of my back and have suffered from sciatica on and off for years which makes my legs restless and sometimes have pain going down into my ankle. Given your history and to put your mind at rest its worth getting in touch with either GP or BCN if you still have contact to discuss your symptons. Although mine is arthritis there is no treatment at just pain killers when it gets too bad.

Hi Sue, i had double mx with recon last aug and now whenever i exert myself at all my back tightens up and feels as though i have an iron corset on which is 2 sizes too small.i also had ct scan which shows arthritis which as Saffronseed said there is no treatment,just painkillers.hope yours turns out to be nothing to worry about.
Best wishes Di.x