Back flap reconstruction side effects

Hi. I had a mastectomy and back flap reconstruction in August 2010. I was making progress with the use of my affected arm, then a few weeks ago my arm movements deteriorated and I have much discomfort in my shoulder and arm. My physiotherapist suspects either frozen shoulder or a similar condition. Has anyone experienced this and how long did it take to recover? Thanks

Hi Salsaroo,

Welcome to the Breast Cancer Care discussion forums, where I am sure you will get lots of good support from the many informed users of this site.

While you are waiting for replies, I have put you the link below to BCC’s publication Your Operation and Recovery, which I hope you find helpful. Also, if you would like to talk to someone in person then the helpline staff are here to support you. Lines are open now, until 5pm today (Mon-Fri 9-5 & Sat 9-2), calls are free, 0808 800 6000.

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/treatment-side-effects/your-operation-recovery-bcc151

I hope this helps. Take care,
Jo, Facilitator

Hi Salsaroo,
I do not have any experience of this to help you but am bumping you up the board so someone else might see your post.
Also I have been asked by a friend who had LD recon last summer to look and see what people have said about it on here.
How are you doing? Has the physio got you going again?
Best wishes
Lavender

Hi,

Yes I had ld flap in 2009, after chemo I developed frozen shoulder, must say it was the most painfiul thing I had all through treatment, Had physio and started swimming, and it gradually lifted, I now have full range of movement, would never have thought it wud get back to normal.

good luck, take care ,it will go x