Back on Taxol

well it is confirmed the results of my CT are not good, mind you I was not expecting them to be as I have been feeling crap.
Oncologist has just telephoned to say how sorry he is but the little uggers have grown again so I will be going back on taxol. As it worked well for me from Feb to May and I had good shrinkage he thinks it is time to go back on it. Funny because most of my tumours are responding well to the avastin and seem to be holding back it is the new clusters that are taking over. Fingers crossed they will respond and fade away. Giving me more time with my lovely family not looking forward to telling them, I just hate to see the fear in their faces.
Just got use to my trendy crop, oh well I will be able to wear the new wig I bought, just in case, thats a laugh isnt it?

Love Debsxxx

Sorry to hear this, Debs. Really hope that the Taxol works well for you again and gets those little uggers. Telling the family the bad news is always the hardest thing for me - as a mum, you just want to protect them from that hurt/fear, don’t you?

Take care

Kay x

Oh Debs, sorry to hear that you are back on the taxol…what a pain. That seems such a silly thing to say and not much help to you…glad that your onc feels that taxol is still good for you and that you can go back on it Do you start againnext week ?

. I meant to write to you Debs as my MP has written to me asking to meet me about co pay - will let you know how this gos…

CathyX

Hi Debs

Really sorry to hear your news and that you have to go back on the taxol again. I hope that it works again for you though and that you dont suffer too much with it.

Take care and thinking of you
Love
Dawn
xx

Hi Debs,

I am so sorry that your uggers are not behaving themselves and you will need taxol again.

Don’t you just hate the yoyoing with the hair.

Thinking of you
regards
Bikinggirl

I am really sorry you are having to go back on the Taxol again.
Thinking of you too
Caroline

Awwwww Debs

(((((HUGE HUGS)))))

This is just sooooooooo crap and I am really sorry that you are going to have to repeat the process.

Thinking of you

Love Anne xx

debs

So sorry to hear your news it really sucks. I hope the taxol kicks those suckers into space.

Sending you are huge hugs thinking of you

Beli x

Thank you all for your good wishes they really do help.
Well, what a day onc said as I was due avastin and pamidronate today he would try and arrange for taxol to be added. I got a phone call at 8.30 to say toxology would be making up my treatment so I could go in an hour later. Great I had breakfast in bed and then got another call to say another hour later. I nearly had lunch in bed!
Nasty accident held us up a bit on A30 soit was after 1pm when I got there.
I, like alot of us have spent most of this year in the chemo ward so they know me and we all knew I was only on a chemo break. I convinced myself it would prepare me for my return to chemo and would free me of that’oh my god is this the beginning of the end" All very dramatic I know but no matter how many times we have to return to chemo I really do think we have those horrid thoughts that this could be it…
My avastin was on the ward before me I needed blodds doing as I was quite unwell last week with an unknown infection and was sent for an urgent scan. That i itself was a nightmare as they could not get in any vein and in the end the radiographer was in tears and I had to comfort her! Anyhow as I predicted my veins are totally wrecked. After 4 attemps by 2 nurses they called Sister Bridget and she gave me a hug and then everso gently got in a delicat patr of my under-arm. Job done bloods taken, pee sampled and blood prssure done I was able to have avastin. Anti meds and 1/2 hour wait and then good news bloods just passed, infection under control I was able to have taxol. Then the bloody vein crashed and we had to find another one.( how the hell the likes of Amy Winehouse Pete Docherty manage) I was let lose at 7pm with a very tired chemo nurse and sister. We all kissed goodbye, how I wanted to take them for a very long drink but not really advisable ater all the poison they had just put in me. Thank goodness Ian always buys them lot of chocolate.
So I am now home buzzing my boobs off due to steroids. My hair was just looking cute my eyelashes had grown back nice and long, eyebrows, well as a sixties mod I havent had any decent ones for years.
Thank you so much again for your kind messages.

Love Debsxxx

What a rough time you had and are having Debs - sending lots of hugs and good vibes! I asked if you were around yesterday - I was in haematology/ oncology dept. Had a job to find vein after all intravenous bit for antibiotics last week - not a patch on your trails tho- I asked if you were around and they said no! Keep in touch and we WILL meet up & with Abi’smum.

Thinking of you - remind me - how old are the family?

xx

Sorry to hear your news Debs - fingers crossed Taxol will wipe these new arrivals out! Take Care thinking of you.

Geraldine

Hi Debs,
Really sorry to read your news. I hate having the Taxol, and so completely understand how you feel. I started it in May, and as far as I know will be on it for at least a year with the Avastin. However for the last couple of months my hair has been growing back while still on it, which is nice!

I really urge you to have a port put in. I went for 13 weeks with my nurse muttering about how poor my veins are, and then finally decided to go for it. Although it is not so nice to have a lump protruding on your chest, you only see it when undressed. Plus the pain that I experienced for a few days after it was inserted was excruciating. BUT the benefits far outweigh the disadvantages. I have no stress while I am being plugged in, they can take blood from it, and I have both hands free to do the crossword puzzle. It is fantastic!!

I hope the Taxol works well for you, and that you don’t feek too awful from it all. BTW, I negotiated my treatment down to a week break every 3 weeks. Yay! It really helps.

Hugs,
Penny

Debs

yes do consider having a port in, mine is tiny and I hardly notice it, its a small bump on the cleavage area and it saves so much trouble…I had no pain with it afterwards at all - healed up really nicely…I think you have put up alot with your veins and they should offer this if you want it,

CathyX

Hi Debs,

I am so sorry for you! Hope the Taxol gets it under control again. Please do consider having a port put in. They put mine in during mastectomy and I hardly ever notice it’s there. Really only think about it when kids ask Mummy what is that? But no fiddling with needles etc. They put needle in port, take blood from there and then I can go for chemo. No messing about.

Maroke

Hi Debs
So sorry to hear you have to go back to Taxol and that you had such an awful time. Just to echo Cathy , is a port not a possibility. My veins are awful and CT scans a nightmare but with the port I can have bloods done and chemo no problem. I’m battling on with the cold cap and Taxol to see if I can hang onto my hair! Thinking of you
Best Wishes
Kathryn

Hi
well thats today gone only just lifted my head off the pillow. I am so glad Ian has worked really hard in the bedroom(decorating not the other) it is really comfortable.I dont feel sick it is just sleep.
Thank you all so much for kind wishes and advice re line hand looks o.k. but vein in inner arm looks like a pleated b.oody curtain.
Hope you are all well and have enjoyed the sunshine.

LoveDebsxxx

Have a good week Debs - don’t make Ian work too hard :slight_smile:
lots of love
M x

Would just like to send you all my good wishes to you Debs.

Take care, Jen x

Sorry to hear you’ve had to go back on Taxol but I hope it will get rid of the pesky blighters! You’ve sent me several positive and helpful emails and as one who’s been on Taxol/Avastin since March and looking to stay on till next April I’m thinking of you and rooting for you and have some idea of what you’re going through.
I’ve just had my week off (3weeks on 1 week off)and have had a fantastic social time ending in a great weekend in Glasgow but came down to earth with a bump today with an awful migraine with sickness etc. and the planned tax/Avastin for tomorrow has been delayed for a week so it’s a real rollercoaster. Keep going though and I’m thinking of you and your family.

Hi Debs

Just wanted to send you a big hug and say I’m thinking of you. So sorry you have had to go back onto the Taxol, but I really hope it does the trick.

love wisps xx