cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back scar after ld recon + implant

3 REPLIES 3
bluebird

Re: Back scar after ld recon + implant

My scar is diagonal and shows below my bra strap. As I'm 54 now, and not excatly slim, I tend to wear bikinis only in the privacy of my back garden, so I'm not too concerned that the scar will show. I shall probably do tankinis in public.

Guest user
Not applicable

My scar looks like an upside down T, also with an uneven outline. The bra straps don't cover it. Probably go down the tankini route as well. x

RoadRunner

Mine is horizontal - they drew on me where my bra went to make sure the scar sat under the bra line.

rosebud454

Back scar after ld recon + implant

Hi ladies,

Just wondering why some surgeons do the scar on the back either horizontal so is hidded under bra strap, or vertical as mine is (slightly horizontal really). I didn't find this a problem until on holiday recently, and felt i could not wear a bikini as the scar (which is slightly puckered) would show.
I had been looking for a kind of bandau top (is that the right word?), a larger piece of material for the top half so that it would cover the scar, but to no avail. However i wore tankinis, but it would have been nice to have the option.

Has anyone found a suitable alternative? And why the different scar lines? My recon is about 34c.
Thanks
Rosie x