Backpain....worry

Hope everyone had a good christmas…wasnt it wonderful to get a real white romantic one !Well iv had a second lot of BC 2 years ago now and suddenly my back is hurting,it feels so crushed and delicate for no reason.Ive only just started to wonder about bone mets as my back has never hurt before has anyone got any advice?? Trying not to think of C word but better to be safe than sorry…what do you think? Debs

Hi Debs, There could be a hundred thousand reasons to have back pain…even walking in the snow and having to work hard to get anywhere could cause it. But if you are worried why not contact the hospital you attended to see if they could arrange an appointment to check things out. I do have bone mets but felt the pain in my ribs first, then much later felt the pain at the base of my spine. I seriously hope it isn’t that but you are obviously concerned and I think no-one but your hospital doctor could tell you the answer re your back pain. But try to enjoy the rest of the festive season…what will be will be. Much love Val X

Hi Debs,

Like Val I also have bone mets. Sometimes I think we can be a bit of a duo when we see bone mets queries :slight_smile: - we are both old hands at it! I think it isn’t that long since you had surgery? and wonder if the pain is related to that in some way. You must be in recent contact with your team at the hospital so I would certainly mention this to them - probably wait a couple of weeks to see if the pain continues although bone mets pain can be a bit ‘on & off’. I think at times I would describe the pain in my lower back much as you have done but I think we all know there are many reasons why, and not necessarily C. related. For your own peace of mind I think if this persists you should speak to someone at the hospital (not your GP!)

Dawn
xx

A big thankyou to you both for replying and advising me,I will ring the hospital although im seeing my recon PS in a week or two,thanx again and hope xmas was good x