Bad newsf

It’s not good news I’m afraid. Consultant has said mammogram & scan indicates breast cancer. Waiting to have two biopsies then I can go home. Breast cancer nurse will ring me next Mon or Tue with results. I’ll should see consultant again next with plan of action required.y

Dear Jan53

I’m sorry to hear that your news was not good.  I hope you will continue to find support on these forums.  When you have a treatment plan you may find particular threads helpful.

You can also contact our helpline for information and support.  Opening times are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Thank you Janet, I’m trying to stay positive. The next stage is waiting to see how bad it is!

Sorry to hear your news Jan, and the waiting is the most awful time.

As the weekend is near, I hope you are able to do some fun things to help distract you from the worry, if only briefly.

It might be a good idea to make a list of questions you want to ask when you get your results (the BCC website has a good set for starters, as do CRUK and MacMillan).  I’d also suggest that if possible you take someone to act as a scribe for you - it is too much to take in at once, and really helpful to have the notes to look at later.  I know this sounds mad, but once you have a treatment plan it will feel less awful and, one little step at a time, you will get through this,

Big hugs.