Balancing the hormones post menopause dilemma

Just want to ask, has anyone who has had their ovaries removed or gone through chemo induced menopause, tried progesterone cream to balance up their hormones again?

I don’t know what to ask the Onc for - I now have no ovaries and am on arimidex so I guess my oestrogen levels have plummeted - by correlation my progesterone levels will have done also but my hot flushes have come back with a vengeance and I’m wondering about trying some progesterone cream after reading ‘what your doctor may not tell you about breast cancer’. I am convinced my oestrogen dominance (fibroids three years before dx with bc) was responsible for the bc and I’m determined to try to balance up my hormones. Any experience would be really appreciated. Thanks. Carrie

Hi Carrie, I’ve not tried progesterone cream because my breast cancer is oestrogen-responsive (ER+) and also PR+ (progesterone-responsive). (I had fibroids and hysterectomy/ovaries removed but still got bc…!)
You mention being on Arimidex so presumably yours is ER+. but you would need to know whether it is PR+ or PR- before any decision about using progesterone cream. So, talk to your own oncologist ASAP: there are lots of treatment/approaches available for hot flushes, fortunately mine are mild.