70346members
370090posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bc related facebook type status-smile!!!

norberte_1

Re: Bc related facebook type status-smile!!!

post deleted

Troymaiden

Troymaiden Likes Sarah's status

Troymaiden hopes Jenny's got her heels ready to kick off for her friends wedding and will be wishing for a lovely sunny, non-windy day for her.

Troymaiden sends Karen commiserations as her Ex was similar but is now V pleased as she now has contents of wine rack to herself and is guaranteed more than a sniff out of a bottle 🙂

Sarah has just enjoyed 1st meal since 1st Fec & is going to grab the good while its here & have a bath & then bed so hopefully 1st good sleep in a while too 🙂

Projectwoman

Sue is pleased that CM has her treatment plan it is good to know what is ahead :-)(as per my last post I know I have have 6 x something starting on Monday just don't know what!!!
Sue is also wondering why HR managers are so s**t? Is there a special qualification that removes the Human part of Human Resources? Been trying for a week now to understand what the sickness absence proceedure is but am yet to find someone with time to talk to me.......doesn't help that I am working for a Dutch Manager with a Dutch HR Manager but am on a UK contract so need to speak to someone in the UK.
Shattered again after work day which left me feeling very wierd and sad.

ChoccieMuffin

CM checked her diary and saw FEC3 the day before a friend's wedding, so rearranged FEC1 for 10th March instead. (Call me chicken if you like, you wouldn't be far wrong!)

kayh317

Karen want CM to know that she had 6 FEC and, although it was tough, it was doable and the nurses are brilliant. Just rest up and don't feel you have to pretend you are fine if you feel rough. Sending hugs. x

Karen is also fine about being single again and the kids and good mates are more important than any man !

Mary_grace

x

evie2007

Evie2007 has recklessly booked a tattoo to celebrate the all clear. Think i may have lost my mind a little bit...!

CM thats what i had. I was in denial until i sat in the chair then cried throughout whole procedure. Think the nurses are used to that tho and were lovely.

X

ChoccieMuffin

CM now knows what's next.

6 x FEC, starting 4th March. This is all bit real now!

kayh317

karen is single again although he was pretty cute but couldn't deal with amount of achohol he could drink in one night !!!!

Maybe 1 day I will meet the one for me though been hurt too many times to think that is realistic !!!

So back to a picture of Mum, Mary and I

XX

xwelcomex

evie2007

CM not mean, i wanted my hubbie to feel the fear too and i am not sure who's eye were bigger. Good luck X
Norberte lymphoedema sounds a real stinker..

norberte_1

post deleted

ChoccieMuffin

CM is a bit disappointed that OH can't come to first onc appointment tomorrow, so she'll be going on her own. 😞 (Is it mean of me to want him to hear the horrors for himself?)

Troymaiden

Troymaiden is pleased Scrapper's tumour has shrunk following one FEC and is hoping SE's are not happening.

Troymaiden gives ModBird a late Birthday wish and hopes the Birthday was fantastic.

Troymaiden is guilty of having used the BC card to help get her son to college as she's not driving to work and is very thankful to his college for helping out.

Troymaiden would like to say Kids Dad has stepped up and been fantastic last w'end in helping out.

Projectwoman

Sue is annoyed that the fluid has (partly)come back after being drained yesterday and armpit is still very red and sore.
Very tired after a full day in the office in Bristol, but have to go back tomorrow to continue to hand over to the temp replacement (a consultant flown in from the states at 4x my salary of course...lesson for me there somewhere!).
Sue is also feeling a little unsure of what to expect from chemo starting on Monday as after spending an hour with the oncologist last week managed to come away without knowing what poisons were in store - so much for being in control....hoping Thursday's pre chemo session will make things clearer!
Oh - and had a good weekend celebrating granddaughters 2nd birthday and my 35th wedding anniversary (was married at 17 so not bad going really, especially as it certainly doesn't feel like a long time).

evie2007

Thank you lovely ladies

Scrapper thats great news after 1 dose! Hope you are not too poorly with it.

X

Scrapper

Scrapper is so pleased for Evie and also very smiley faced about the fact that her lovely Onc has told her tumour has reduced after first Tax 🙂

Midge

{{{{{hugs}}}}}} Tina. Dx

Really pleased for you Evie

Tina45

is remembering her mx & recon on the 15th Feb last year.

evie2007

evie2007 is soooo pleased her mammo and scan were ALL CLEAR!!!! 2yr anniversary in April and all is good.Phewwwwwwwwwwwwwww XX

ChoccieMuffin

CM is feeling guilty that she didn't specifically wish Modbird a happy birthday and is hoping Mod will forgive her. (Blame my upbringing for the guilt - I do!)

CM has also laughed with offspring when they recount tales of playing the card, though she has advised them to keep it tucked in the back pocket for when it will REALLY reap benefits, as it loses efficacy if over-played to the same people.

CM has been kinda forcing people to not do the BC discrimination thing, by doing her very best to just get on with being herself even though people have heard "the news". It's much easier when chemo hasn't started yet, and CM may yet regret this course of action. But the response from others may be less "normal" once CM does the bald thing. (Sod wearing a wig, her public outings in the next couple of months will be inside a hot sweaty swimming pool and in the past she often rued her long hair as it was so hot on her head. CM should have been more careful what she wished for!)

Modbird88

Glad you enjoyed your birthday Vickie.

Mod thanks norberte for her birthday wishes and also admits to using the cancer card whenever it suits,she is also guilty of allowing her 14 year old to use it to get him out of after school detentions ( school is about 10 miles away and he would miss the bus)what a naughty mummy I am Lol.

Mod agrees with norberte's views on discrimination but wonders why lesbians are called dykes. Mod personally thinks dyke is a horrible word to describe someone and feels it should be replaced with something a little less harsh.

xwelcomex

tors

Vickie is very full, a bit tipsy and delighted to have made it to 37, and hoping that altjough 36 was a rubbishy rotteny horridy age, that it is in fact the best year as it has stood her in good stead to a) have a future and b). Enjoy a future. She has much much more chance of this with 36 being the hard year than if she had waited for 37 to be the hard year. If you know what i mean. :-)))))

norberte_1

post deleted

xwelcomex

ChoccieMuffin

ChoccieMuffin was contemplating chosing a different username when she signed up - the name BlackWidow was bandied around seeing at the two different sperm donors for her four kids are both in various stages of decomposition... current darling man is getting worried but CM (or should that be BW?) has reassured him that he's safe because he hasn't fathered any of BW's children.

Not sure he's feeling terribly reassured, considering forthcoming heart op at the end of the week...

CM wants to wish happy birthdays and happy anniversaries and happy barmitzvahs to all who require them, including xwx and tors, and is now going off to bed.

Nighty night, all!

Modbird88

Mod enjoyed parenting on her own when boys where little as it meant we did we wanted without having to worry about OH's wants and needs. However Mod is very grateful to the support and help boys father has
offered during the last few weeks.
Mod is envious of xwx's confidence in going away on her own and wonders if she may have the guts to do that herself one day.

Mod could think of no other way of describng the last BST but is glad that xwx loved it.

Mod is now going to swith PC off otherwise she will be unable to get 14 year old up for school in the morning and he will miss the bus which will necessitate Mod driving a 20 mile round trip and making her SNB site ache with the gear changes!

Mod wishes everyone goodnight and sweet dreams xxxx

xwelcomex

Modbird88

Mod likes xwx's idea of Morocco or anywhere really but knows that this is so not going to happen until the little loves have left home Mod is encouraging them to do their own thing as soon as they have left school but feels it may take a little longer.
Mod feels that after bringing them up on her own for 14 years she is entitled to her own life back when they have reached a suitable age and has every intention of selling her house and spending their inheritance lol

Mod is sending congratulations to xwx on her anniversary and hopes she has a nice day although she will spend it without OH.

Mod has never become involved with anything other than Balding Slimey & Treacherous which explains why she made the conscious decision not to bother again 14 years ago. (although she did have an incident that lasted almost 6 years but did not reach the stage of living together and ended when she became bored of being taken for granted)

Apart from the BC & Shingles Mod is actually quite happy with her life.

xwelcomex

Troymaiden

Helen wishes Vickie a Very Happy Birthday for tomorrow.

Helen likes the idea of so**ing off in camper van but thinks similar opposition from kids likely!

Helen likes the idea of "New man approval committee" and it may stop her from falling for complete B*st$rds (the anagram this stands for is variable but does contain Balding Slimy & Treacherous, the rest can be changed to suit mood)

xwelcomex

Modbird88

Mod@xwx tempting as it is to sell everything and cycle or VW Camper my way around the world I am facing stiff opposition from 16 and 14 year olds who would like to stay where we are until they have at least finished school, so I may have to hang around her for a bit longer yet at least it will give me a chance to perfect my cycling skills and get the dog a passport.
Shingles = pain yes but not bad getting used to it now I always get it when stressed.

Mod also thinks that forming a "a new man approval" committee is a very good idea!

xwelcomex

Modbird88

Modbird wishes Vickie a Happy Birthday on Monday and will raise a glass to her when she celebrates her own birthday on Tuesday.
Modbird also understands Vickies sentiments of hoping 37 is better than 36 as she herself hopes that 51 will be better than 50 although at the moment it doesn't look that way as she has Shingles to compliment the BC and may also be facing redundancy 😞

Modbird won't give any man a high score but sincerely hopes that Karen enjoys the builder while he's around and makes good use of all his skills!

kayh317

Karen has a reasonably short list of jobs that need to be done as not sure how long he will be around.

He is very cute and has a wickedly sexy body but wasn't impressed when I met him last night and he had had 10 pints with his mates before he met me !!!!!!

norberte_1

post deleted

oscarbailey

Marguerite wishes vickie a happy birthday for tomorrow

tors

Vickie is inherently suspicious of any builder boyfriend who happily fits a new telly on his new girlfriends bedroom wall, and wonders what he hopes to watch on it.

Vickie is also looking forward to celebrating her 37th birthday tmrw as being 36 was, for the most part, a complete bag of shyte.

triphazard99

Sophie won't give Karen's new man a ten, then, if he's not to be long term, but agrees that a builder who'll work for free is easily worth a nine, and suggests that Karen rapidly makes a list of all the things that need doing...

Buzzy

Deb is wishing Karen good luck with her new man and thinks that any fit builder who does jobs for free should be given at least a 9 out of 10!

kayh317

Karen is asking for scores out of 10 for the new man in her life !!!!

Don't think it will be long term but he is a nice guy and did put my TV up in my bedroom today for free !! (he is a builder)

K x

Rustyharas

Rusty has given in and got sleeping tablets from the doctor. She only has to pluck up the courage to use them!
Rusty wonders what a combination of hot sweaty flushes and Tamazepam disorientation will feel like when said flushes still wake her up at 2 am?

ChoccieMuffin

ChoccieMuffin has been awake for ages, but now it's about time to get up she's tired and wants to sleep - and that's before starting on the poisons yet! What on earth am I going to be like when that lot starts!

Sarah is actually wishing that she had nightclub run tonight as at least would have a reason to be wide awake, Sarah wants & needs sleep
:(

xwelcomex

jane72

Jane is unable to keep up with this thread as her 76-year-old father is addicted to youtube and Jane is staying with parents while undergoing rads.

Jane has started the frazzle-the-cancer treatment and feels so privilged to be on the receiving end of a whole army of medics and sci-fi laser-beams employed to zap the enemy.

Jane thinks that feeding a baby at 3am is the easy option compared to collecting terrible teens from nightclubs.

Sarah is not enjoying side effects of steroids although 20 yr old daughter is loving the fact that mum was wide awake at 3 am & able to save her the cost of a taxi home from nightclub 😉