70345members
370082posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bc related facebook type status-smile!!!

Troymaiden

Re: Bc related facebook type status-smile!!!

Troymaiden is feeling happier today and hopes 021210's aches & pains are too after pilfering the Dairy Milk.

Troymaiden agrees with CM that sometimes only the stronger stuff hits the mark.

Troymaiden agrees with Projectwoman that XwelcomeX is not evil witch and that sometimes it needs to be spelled out. We all still have lives we want back.

ChoccieMuffin

Sometimes things get to the stage where only Dairy Milk will do the trick.

CM found her cocodamol and has found a use for them. Sometimes paracetmol doesn't quite hit the mark.

@ xwelcomex be ok vibes on their way to you, hope all goes well today.x

Sarah is feeling a little better after a good nights sleep helped by stealing daughters dairy milk off her which i enjoyed very much 🙂

xwelcomex

Buzzy

Debs is feeling her brave face slowly ebb away as Wednesdays appointment with the surgeon draws ever nearer!

Sarah is having a decidedly wobbly day & wishes she could ignore aches & pains as her mind is running way too far away 😞 Tomorrow will be a better day i am sure 🙂

Troymaiden

Troy maiden would like to hug the Dr's receptionist, who got her in @ 5mins to closing and then made pharmacist stay to dispense my painkillers, after Troymaiden's back went into spasm! THANK YOU lovely lady!

Troymaiden is joining CM on the stressy day bench and hopes tomorrow is better.

ChoccieMuffin

HBCM has had a seriously stressy day. Been looking for the "Kids are alright?" thread and can't find it. Cos one of mine most certainly isn't alright. Won't go into details, but things are not good and I'm so sad for her.

Other than that, CM is delighted that the portacath is now safely installed, and that teh local anaesthetic hasn't quite worn off so she's feeling reasonably alright at the moment. Wait and see what 10pm brings - must see if I can track down the cocodamol just in case. If it's there, I won't want to need it but it's good to see it there, just in case.

Projectwoman

Xwelcomex is definately not an evil witch and perhaps it will help the medic to understand some of the stress that all bc patients are under - the loss of the portacath would be enough to make most of us freak out without having to suffer delays in treatment as a result!
Sue is working today! As the chemo has been delayed again, there is really no reason not to - feels good to be doing something normal!

xwelcomex

norberte_1

post deleted

xwelcomex

ChoccieMuffin

CM is very happy to see her dyke chum back, was wondering whether said chum had fallen down the back of the sofa like a missing pound coin.

Planet Muffin really is a very boring place, and incredibly untidy without having chemo as an excuse. Big daughter got a bit freaked out by the PB promotional stuff and has decided that it's not quite for her, so it'll just be CM on her tod trekking off to PB in March.

Troymaiden

Troymaiden thinks Norberte has got her laptop back and wonders how late/early Norberte is intending to stay awake?

Troymaiden can report the facial topiary is still in situ but in not quite the same quantity!

troymaiden agrees with CM that 14yr old DD's are scarily beautiful when dressed up and sooo totally grown up!Troymaiden wonders if CM wants to join her on a shotgun training course as it sounds like we both may need to know how to use one in the near future?!

xwelcomex

norberte_1

post deleted

ChoccieMuffin

CM is regretting allowing Eleanor to get her hair cut. She's gone out to a party this evening wearing a VERY skimpy outfit and the hair makes her look about 19... and totally delicious. Her older sister (21) took her out for a meal last night, just the two of them, and the waiter didn't even blink at bringing the glass of wine that came with the offer and plonking it in front of the 14-yr-old. Sensible older sister pinched it straight away!

Isn't it nice that the two of them have the sort of relationship that they can go out for dinner and have a lovely time, just being sisters. I'm so impressed with the pair of them.

Troymaiden

Troymaiden's hair is falling out faster than the rain! The Guinea-Pig is squeaking to be let out of it's box ready for going on the head!

Troymaiden suggests CM tries the cold cap and wishes her luck with it.

Troymaiden thanks Norberte for the calming vibes as she could do with one!

ChoccieMuffin

CM's happy because she has a date for fitting of portacath - Monday!

CM agrees with BW, the cold head could end up being just another side-effect to worry about, so I'm thinking I'd be better off just getting on with the chemo, accepting the hair's going and concentrate on other stuff. I think OH would probably like me to try it, but it's not his head that's got to sit in a freezer for hours! 😄

BWD

...CM and cold cap (it always sounds the opposite of a Dutch one)I am so lucky I didn't need chemo but I am another person who HATES the cold, so this winter's been a b..... in all sorts of ways. If my hair gets wet, i get a head-cold: stupid isn;t it?

But, CM, if you DO hate the cold, will this cap really help or will it be yet another S/E?

Well done Ellie: the photographs really showed a 14yr old: one minute looking a little childish and the other showing amazing maturity< B

ChoccieMuffin

CM is seriously unsure about using the cold cap, seeing as how Ermintrude looks exactly like her own hair, and how CM HATES being cold. (Ermintrude is the new hamster, picked up for a song yesterday as it's a reconditioned hamster rather than a new one.) It's a tough call.

tors

Vickie has spotted on another thread that cm is contemplating using thecold cap, and is wondering how that would now go down at chocciemuffinville, if it works, given ellie's new short cancer supporting haircut.

xwelcomex

AvenueSue_

Go Ellie, What an achievement! Your daughter looks really beautiful and is amazing something amazing. You must be very proud,CM.
Sue

tors

Vickie hearts ellie

norberte_1

post deleted

Projectwoman

Ellie is a very special and lovely young lady who I am sure looks equally beautiful after the hair cut - that is an amazing amount of money to raise, a fantastic acheivement!
Well done Ellie!

ChoccieMuffin

CM is going to take a nice pic of her daughter's new haircut and the now ex-hair that is sitting in a bag. Daughter looks fantastic, but sobbed her heart out as the hairdresser was cutting off her beautiful long hair, and the poor hairdresser was nearly doing the same. There was a crowd of about 40 teenage girls outside the shop as well, and lots of them were in tears too! (THAT was quite funny actually, you KNOW what teenage girls can be like - well they ALL were!)

You should feel the weight of the bag her hair's in, it's about three times as heavy as my own.

We were also mentioned on the local radio on the news bulletins today. And the total's over £3,800. That's real lump-in-the-throat kinda stuff. (Sniff)

Modbird88

@ CM Ellie is beautiful - inside and out. The text bought tears to my eyes, she is an outstanding young lady. Love and hugs to you both xx

triphazard99

Apart from emotional f*ckwittedness (the best term to come out of B.Jones, in my humble opinion), Sophie would also like to announce that she is heartily fed up of this particular game of chemo and would like to stop right now and take up fire walking instead.

triphazard99

Sophie once again has massive lump in her throat from reading about Ellie, and seeing how very beautiful she is and thinks that far from being a terrible sinner, CM must have done something very very good in life to deserve an Ellie. Huge hugs and moral support type thoughts for tomorrow.

xwelcomex

ChoccieMuffin

CM laughed out loud at TM's last sentence, even though she knows it's not "christian" to do so. (I know, I'm such a wicked person - I must've been, I've got cancer to prove it!)

CM is turning into a media star again tomorrow morning, but only in a supporting role, as 14-yr-old who has raised a ton of money by getting her lovely long hair cut very short - and that's tomorrow, and the local radio station is going to do an interview for their news broadcasts. To say I'm proud of her doesn't even scratch the surface, though I expect she will cry tomorrow afternoon, and I probably will too. Have a look at some lovely pictures of her...

http://kategriffinphotography.com/blog/

Troymaiden

Troymaiden is hoping xwelcomex has hopefully found a campervan to go see the planet in!

Troymaiden is hoping norberte's laptop doesn't need a total re-build as that could take a while in her experience 😞 (DELL took about 10 days and totally wiped mine - I'll do it myself next time)

Troymaiden is pleased she's only responsible for drinking half the bottle of wine so it's only 300 calories 😉

Troymaiden can report karma has hit ex BF and flooded his flat! (not with wine)

xwelcomex

Sarah is feeling embarrassed that whilst being pleased that she seems to be still holding onto her hair that she has panicked all day that she was losing her eyesight but is relieved to have discovered at 6pm that she had merely forgotten to put contact lenses in so is now feeling rather silly 😞

ChoccieMuffin

OMG (as the kids would say) HBCM is beginning to regret taking up norberte's kind offer of fish and chips now!

CM is sat on the sofa under a sleeping bag because the house is so cold, but ought to be up doing stuff. Too bleedin' lazy and can't blame it on chemo exhaustion as I haven't started yet - what on earth am I going to be like when I've been poisoned!

norberte_1

post deleted

xwelcomex

marial

Maria thinks that if bottle of wine has only 600 calories, thats 2 or 3 a day as long as I don't eat anything !
Maria is thrilled because she needed to use a hair dryer for the first time in 10 months.

kayh317

Karen signed up to myfitnesspal.com 6 weeks ago and has lost 8lb now. It does help keep you on track with the calories but a bit worrying when you find out a bottle of wine is 600 calories !!

ChoccieMuffin

HBCM is very happy with keeping OH, who most definitely has his uses and not just for putting up shelves. (Actually, specifically NOT for putting up shelves as we don't live in the same house, but he's been pretty helpful with fixing my motorbike when it needed it, and his house has been a toasty refuge in the coldest days of winter seeing as my central heating boiler packed up a few months back.)

Instead, HBCM will badger OH to badger his hospital tomorrow to at least get a date so we know what we're dealing with.

norberte_1

post deleted

ChoccieMuffin

I'm pi**ed off for him because despite his calm exterior he's been working himself up about it, and also because I delayed my first chemo based on his hospital date! Not to worry though, it's giving me time to get organised to have a portacath fitted, and I might even go to Germany for it because that would be less than half the price of having it done over here. Ridiculous, eh?

Mary_grace

MG says what a bummer CM! It is so annoying when they cancel ops like this. Maybe OH will not have op until you have at least had FEC1 and feel OK after it. Fingers and toes crossed that this is the case x

ChoccieMuffin

ChoccieMuffin is a bit fed up this evening, because OH's op that was scheduled for tomorrow morning has been flipping cancelled! The start of my chemo was put back for a week or so so that I could help him after his op, and now we don't know when it will actually be. Sod's Law says that it's going to be on the same day as my FEC1. Bum.

Troymaiden

Troymaiden visited work today and helped her colleague and went out to lunch with her.

Troymaiden has really enjoyed the lovely day today and hopes everyone else has too, without ant SE's from treatments.

Modbird88

Modbird would like to thank everyone for their birthday wishes and will be back to join in the fun in a day or to when she has caught up with the stuff she should have been doing for the last 2 weeks!

Projectwoman

Sue finally knows which coctail of delights is in store - 6xTAC whoopee!

ChoccieMuffin

HBCM is convinced there is no link at all, it's just a statistical "hot spot" and has sod all to do with lack of availability of laptop.

CM has been advised that she no longer needs to remain trussed up in sports bra at night, which will be much more comfy as the elastic underneath keeps curling up and gets very tight.

She's also going off to bed soon but you lot have all been so busy with your posts that it's taking AGES to catch up.