Bccstalker

Hi there. This is one forum I hoped I’d never have to join. I’ve been stalking you all since my diagnosis last week. Reading your stories I feel like a lucky one. The biopsy suggests grade1 oestrogen receptor positive and HER2 negative. I’m scheduled for a starfish wide local excision and sentinel lymph node biopsy next wednesday although a scan of my lymph nodes suggested no spread to the nodes. I guess it’s the best of the worst news. (Am I making sense?)

My head is scrambled. I’ve finally told all the important people in my life and that really seems to have helped. I actually slept for 4 hours last night. I do feel positive and that’s what I’m trying to pit over to my family and friends. But that brave face is exhausting. It also feels good to be able to chat with others in the same situation. I’m at information overload at the moment. Thank you for reading my ramblings.

Hi Wemblo, I’m so glad you feel positive:) It does help.
Wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery from your surgery next Weds.
Big hugs
x x x

Dear Wemblo,

Welcome to the BCC Forum.  I’m sure you’ll find lots of support here from fellow members who can understand what you’re going through.  The forum is a little quiet at the moment but I hope someone will be along soon to welcome you.  (Sorry Songbird- our posts crossed)

Take care

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Hi Wemblo

Sorry you are here but everyone is great and will answer any questions you have and provide tons of support.  But a question for you! What is a starfish wle?

Wish I g you all the best for your op.

Mary

Hi wemblo, sorry to hear you have had to join this group. I had my WLE and SNB on Wednesday and can honestly say it is not as bad as I thought it would be. I had to stay in overnight so please be aware that could happen, but apart from that everything went to plan.

I have been positive throughout the process so far, hopefully my “good luck” will continue when I go back on Thursday for my results. I will think of you on Wednesday, please let us know how it all goes.

Murphy xx

Hi

I too have just been diagnosed with oestrogen receptive breast cancer mines a grade 2 in he right breast I have been here before last time was grade 3 invasive breast cancer left side that was 8 year ago it’s a ****** to get another one but I got thro’ last time had lumpectomy chemo and radiotherapy hopefully this time it’s lumpectomy anastrozol and radiotherapy I’m taking each day as it comes I know from last time I had good and bad days today was good had a bike ride with hubby along the river it was good to feel the sunshine and fresh air so I’m feeling lucky to be here
I hope all goes well for you my advice is take each day as it comes nothing wrong with a day under the duvet and a good film or book if you don’t feel like doing anything else

Just got back from my injection to a phone call from the hospital. My ECG showed some abnormalities so will need a heart scan before they decide to operate tomorrow. I was coping with all this but bomb shell has knocked me sidewards.

Hi I have my surgery next week , I have good cancer , if that makes any sense at all . I feel guilty reading other peoples stories and think that mine is insignificant and selfish for these feelings I have for myself . Emotions are up and down and anxious about surgery . Ramblings are good we all need to off load to somebody who knows not somebody who knows somebody who has cancer

Thank you good luck for today

Like you, I am estrogen + HER2 - stage 2 (invasive lobular cancer) . I had several tumors in my right breast and a double mastectomy june 24th. After surgery they found 2% in 1 node out of 11. The docters say i’m young and reccomend chemo even tho they say the benefit of stopping reoccurance is between 0% -  5% at best. Afer researching studies I’ve decided not to do the chemo as the long term effects might be worse. The dr told me tamoxifen for 5 years. I’m researching that now and most likely will take this. Telling loved ones was the hardest , as was the initial shock and overwhelming amount of information but I am thankful for the internet  in helping me make the decisions. and to meet others for mutual support along the way. 

I’m shocked that the drs dont ask about diet, exercise, or stress as I feel these contributed to the cell splitting …good luck in your research and making choices . we can do this - karabuckshine