Been advised possible breast cancer! need thoughts please

Hi, im new to all this.

i have been to the doctors about something else and he advised me that my symptoms are not hormone related but could be breast cancer-  (i have endo and thought my symptoms was this) awaiting appointment at the breast clinic.

these are my symptoms

nipple discharge

swollen tissue

inverted nipple

pain in breast and armpit (only when pressed)

recently headaches (might be stress related)

i have had these symptoms for over 6 months - under a year. i do not have a lump but is swollen.

what are peoples thoughts…anyone else with similar?

x

Hello bessabs

Welcome to the BCC forums. 

Whilst waiting for support and shared experiences from other users maybe you would like to call our free helpline on 0808 800 6000 and talk to one of our staff who are there to offer support.  Lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2…

Best wishes

June, moderator

Hi Bessabs

I had a lump under my nipple and was referred to the breast clinic where they also noticed discharge. I think it was this that concerned them most. There are many causes of all your symptoms and only a small proportion of this type of thing turns out to be cancer. However you are doing the right thing by getting the referral to the breast clinic. There they will check you out properly, usually it will include a mammogram and ultrasound, possibly a biopsy too. 

I hope you will get your appointment soon and get to the bottom of what is happening.

Best wishes.

Mary