Been in hospital Again

Just though i would post an update I have just come out ofhospital as I was admitted with stomach pains Easter Sat. I had to have an operation on Sunday to remove my apendics and repair a whole in my small bowell. After reading the paperwork at home apparently I had a tumour on my apendics and one on my bowell. This was the first that I had heard about it being in these places I thought I was doing so well with my liver mets shrinking and now it has knocked me back again.

Sometimes I just wonder how much more I can take.
So I supposse I will have to have another break from chemo until my stomach clears up.

Its nice to be home in my own bed though
Caroline

Caroline,
Bloody hell! I just can’t believe this disease. I am so sorry that this has happened to you.
I can say no more other than enjoy being at home in your own bed.
Blasted disease!
Isobel

Caroline !!! Waht a time you have had!

What a sneaky, nasty disease this is. Is there anywhere it cant creep?

I am glad you are at home and feeling a bit better.

Julie x

oh caroline - what a terrible time you have had - hope things now start to get better - this stuff can be such a shi**y disease - thinking of you , jayne x

Oh Caroline, what an awful time you are having. You poor thing, this disease is just so cruel.

I think it is very poor that you found out that it had progressed to your appendix and bowel by reading the paperwork, I would have expected someone to have sat down and spoke to you in person.

Wishing you a speedy recuperation from your operation.
Take care, Paula X

Caroline - what a dreadful time you must have had and what a shock. As Paula has said - it hasn’t been handled very well has it? Hope you recover quickly and any extra treatment that may be needed is kind to you.
Take care
Nicky xx

Oh Caroline, how awful for you. I had never heard of it spreading to the appendix - such a cruel disease. Not surprised you are feeling as if you’ve been knocked back. Hope that you have a chance to talk through with your oncologist really soon what the next step is and get a bit more clarity over what is happening.

Sending you a big hug Kay xx

Oh what a dreadful way to learn about this…it must have been a shock for you.
It’s good to hear you are now home, I hope you recover from your op quickly.
Love Belinda…xx

Hi Caroline

I am leanring new things all the time about this dreadful disease - I was told that it most commonly spreads to lungs, liver and bones but never knew about anything else! It really does creep about! So sorry you have had such a hard time and hope you are feeling much better soon. I love my own bed too and hopefully you will be able to get out into this lovely Spring sunshine soon - if it lasts.

Best wishes Sue xx

sorry to hear about your operation, it must have been a huge shock to you to find out by reading your report, you would have thought they would have spoke to you in person but now you are home i hope you have a speedy recovery and find out quickly what the next step is to get you well again.
we will all be thinking about you and wishing you well
lots of love
reneexx

Hi Caroline

Really sorry to hear your news. Hope things settle down for you, can imagine how this has knocked you for six though, and sending you big hugs and lots of love.

Take care
Dawn
xxx

Hi Caroline

You have had a really tough time lately. hope things improve and you start to feel better soon.

Julie x

Hi Caroline

So sorry to hear about your spell in hospital and the appendix/bowl mets, I hope that now it has all been taken away that leaves you in not too bad a condition. Like everyone has said, you don’t expect to have the cancer move to these places.

I know you must be feeling pretty sore, I myself have just had major surgery on Thursday on my spine to relieve a collapsed vertibrae which was causing spinal cord compression (all due to bone mets). I had only just started to recover from a major hip replacement with pins on 16 March so my poor body is absolutely knackered from these two ops within the space of a month. Meanwhile my skin mets are raging on so | have to try and pull myself round PDQ in order to start Capcetabine/Lapatinib which has been postponed pending these two ops. You feel a bit alone when no one else has the same problems as yourself.

Anyway I hope things settle down for you now.

Best wishes

Linda

Hello Linda, you have had a tough time. :frowning: I hope things now start to improve and you can get a little stronger each day…Good Luck with the Capec/Lapat combo…I hope it works very well for you…xx

Hi Caroline,

So sorry to hear your news. It must be a shock to find out your news that way. Glad you are at home and hope your onc can get you sorted asap.

Sending you lots of hugs and best wishes

xx