Congratulations xx

shelly79

Re: Been to the breast clinic

Hi Faye,
So glad it's good news, take care now XXX

catseye

Hi Faye,
Wonderful news, what a relief.. so pleased for you and your family.
All best wishes, XX
Char80

Great to read Faye. I've been thining of you, as I really felt for you, us being the same age, with small children. So glad you got good news xx
sara12

Faye - so pleased for you. You can stop worrying and just enjoy life now!

Sara x

Downbutnotout

Well done Faye! That's great news. Always like a happy story. Glad you can get on and enjoy your family with a bit less to worry about.
X

Ali_H

Brilliant news!!!
mum_of_two_x

Wonderful news x x so pleased for you x
nannabarb

So pleased it is good news for you xxx
fairylights

If this was Facebook that would be a "like like like"! Excellent news. Enjoy your weekend! x
Mummyto2

Hi all, Thankyou so much for your well wishes,
Well thankfully the lumps were benign. He said they are "fibroadenoma intraductal hyperplasia" I've heard of fibroadenomas but not the hyperplasia bit??!! Does anyone else know what this means? I was so relieved at the appointment I forgot to ask what it actually meant.
Consultant said to just keep an eye on them and if they grow I'd have to have them removed but to leave them alone for the time being.
The relief is unbelievable!!
Thankyou all so much for your support over the last 4 weeks while I was worried about the outcome, I don't know how I would have got through it without your messages helping me to keep it together! I really appreciate them all.
Lots of love to all of you, Faye xxxxxxxxxxxxx
shelly79

Hope all goes well todayxx

mum_of_two_x

hope all goes well today x
fairylights

Hope all goes well x
Ali_H

Fingers crossed for you Faye
Alto

All the very best of luck Faye.

Jane xxx
catseye

Hi Faye,
Just to wish you all the best for this afternoon, will be thinking of you.
XX
Mummyto2

Thankyou all, had a double biopsy today, I'm quite sore and tender now!! Picking up my 2 yr old has been a bit of a mission today!
Back at the hospital at 4.40pm tomorrow for the results,
Ill be back on at some point tomorrow evening to update you all .......Thankyou for your continued support I really appreciate it
Faye xxx
nannabarb

Hope it went well today *hugs*
Char80

Best of luck Faye xx
sara12

Faye, just popped in to say good luck for tomorrow with your biopsies and your results on Thursday - really not long to wait now. Fingers crossed for you that it's good news.... but if it isn't there'll be a lot of support for you here.

Sara x

JER

Hi Mummyto2

What a disappointment that they didn't do the biopsies today, I thought that was the whole point of a 'one stop' breast clinic.

My thoughts are with you, hope Wednesday comes round quickly.

Jackie
kevinj

Hi Mummyto2
U3 refers to the birads score... u5 is def malignant, u4 is prob malignant, u3 is prob benigh, u2 is def benign and u1 is normal hope this helps stay strong.

Hay123

Hi faye
ive had 2 biospy today on one breast, as first biospy came back with atypical hyperphasia result. So they wanted to do a wider area. As my mammagram/ultrasound showed area that was darker. Although today ultrasound look a lot better( not as dark)The actual biospy is ok. They numb the area first and then take little samples. It's no way as bad as u think. I totally understand how you feel the wait is agony. But all I can say is the days pass and every day you are a day closer to finding out what it is. Did they not give you any clue?? Just take it easier, I'm here if you want a chat. Emma xxx
sara12

Hi Faye

Sorry you've got more waiting to deal with... it's the worst time really. At least you'll be getting your biopsy results the next day. when I had mine I had to wait 10 days for the results, so it was agonising trying not to think about it.

The core biopsy shouldn't hurt - they inject a local anaesthetic first, so you'll feel some pressure but nothing major. As with all procedures, people react differently, but I was pretty sore after my biopsies - lots of bruising internally which made the lump seem bigger (so don't panic if that happens), and my boob went all the colours of the rainbow and that took ages to go away. All manageable though - you can take paracetamol or ibuprofen if you feel uncomfortable.

Once you have the biopsy results you'll have a proper diagnosis and if it's not the news you're hoping for, you'll get a treatment plan and will know where you stand.... which can be a relief after worrying about the unknown.

Anyway, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that it's good news for you.

Sara x

Mummyto2

Been to the breast clinic

Hi all, well I've been for my app at the breast clinic today, had an ultrasound where they found 2 lumps so I've gotto go back next Wednesday for a core biopsy on both of them. Sonographer scored it as a U3.
i was fully expecting to have everything done today and by the end of today I was hoping I'd know either way. So now more waiting, wondering & over thinking for yet another week. I will get the results of the biopsy next Thursday.
Can anyone tell What to expect from the biopsy...especially as I'm having it on 2 lumps , will it hurt?? Will it hurt after??
I feel a bit numb today, had a few tears when I first got home but kind of dint know what to think now, I'm so scared that's all I know
faye xxx