Ber 50 Started 2 Week Wait

Hi all - my 2 week wait started on Tues when GP found small lump - so should have appt letter by Tues- obvs a big shock - but am trying to keep busy and not google stats for over fifties - just because I’m not a youngster doesnt mean the worst! Am not telling friends or close family till I feel I need to - but am obvs v worried. Sleep is OK and focussing on eating healthily to help me. Am trying not to overthink - just to keep busy… Anyone else out there waiting I feel your pain - but let’s not be overwhelmed by worrying - but it is v hard not to I know. Love to all :heart:

Hi lottiepen, the wait is the hardest but keeping busy helps. I had my appointment 2 weeks for a change in breast they ultrasounded 2 small parts which were fine phew. Blow me down found 2 lumps on different area that was scanned so no waiting for another appointment thinking of you keep me updated Jules x

Thanks Jules - I am actually out of my mind with worry; mammogram a year ago clear - my GP found the lump last week just doing a random check as I had a rash on my nipples which I have a cream for. No appt letter yet if I don’t have one by end Monday she said I was to phone her. I am trying to keep calm but it’s so v hard as I believe my age is against me in the 8 our of 10 are benign line that i keep seeing - statistically thats not true when you’re in your fifties and I am thinking the v worst. Thx so much for your kind words and for taking the time to reply x

hi lottie,
Well, it’s good you’ve had a clear mammo recently & thank goodness your gp detected it.
If on the off chance it is bc, then please be reassured that bc is very treatable these days with most of us going onto make a full recovery.
I had a early bc diagnosis following a routine mammo last year, had lumpectomy, followed by radiotherapy & now tamoxifen, now back to life as normal.
So it’s certainly not the end of the world IF you do get a bc diagnosis. Having been through it, I understand that now.
let us know how you get on.
ann x

Lottiepen

I was exactly the same as Ann and now just on tamoxifen, I have been back to work on my normal hours for a month, so IF it does turn out to be bc, it is very treatable, which when I was diagnosed the consultant told me and has continued to do so since.

Let us know how you get on

Helena xxx

Hi lottiepen
I too am early 50s and excuse my miss spelling my phone keypad so small, my lumps were found on weekend in areas which were not scanned, thankfully im really busy at moment my mum in hospital and grandchild due within next 2 weeks, the ladies on the forum are so amazing and such wonderful support with wise words , its mentally draining but myself trying to remain positive , virtual hugs
Jules xx

Thanks to you all Jules1266, ladybowler, ann-m for your replies. Have got letter confirming my appt on 7 April - well outside the 2 week urgent referral but resigned to it. Noone will return my calls from GP or breast clinic to see what the issue is in my not being seen within the 14 days max time. Can’t believe I have to go through another week - and yes I know that thats incredibly selfish when i think of all those who have been diagnosed and/or are in treatment right now. It just feels right from the start I’m having to battle when I’m incredibly stressed and worried. Am working all next week thank God! And will continue meditative practice and focus on the now. Please don’t forget me even if I sound like a right old moaning minny! (Am
Not really!?) Anyway sending love to everyone :heart:

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Hi lottiepen
So pleased your appointment has come through . Ive just got home from work and mine has come through 10 april let me know how you go
Jules xx

Hey Jules so pleased you have an appt let me know how u get along too xxxxx ps have a good weekend

Hi lottie
You too have a good weekend xxx