cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best body and hair products using radiotherapy

13 REPLIES 13
Jax0609

Re: Best body and hair products using radiotherapy

I am 11 sessions in out of 15 with radiotherapy and have been using E 45 cream several times a day.  I also used Sanex fragrance free shower gel but there many others you could use. My skin is absolutely fine which has surprised me as I am fair skinned no pinkness at all. What I would say is to drink plenty of water as well which I always do.  Good luck xx

Jax0609

I am 11sessions in with radiotherapy and have been using E 45 cream several times a day.  My skin is absolutely fine which has surprised me as I am fair skinned.  What I would say is to drink plenty of water.  Good luck xx

CK

Ive had 3 rads out of 15 and so far skin good. They said it wod be at least after a weeks treatment b4 I would have side effects. As a preventionI have been using Cetraben cream(paraben free) a few times a day on the treated area. Aloe Vera gel in the fridge is soothing if the treated area is warm. I also have Diprobase cream and E45 which I've used throughout chemo as my skin was dry and have been told they are good too.x
Lizzielou42

I haven’t started radiotherapy yet but my bcn said to use Simple products x

Fenouillard

Thanks so much for your good wishes and the advice. It’s really helpful
Fenouillard

Thanks so much for this link.
Fenouillard

Really helpful all of you. Very many thanks

Fenouillard

Brilliant. Thank you so much

Shefgirl

I found that the pure Aloe Vera gel from HB was really good to use during radiotherapy treatment.  Afterwards I needed to use E45 cream for up to 3 weeks after the treatment.  I also used Johnsons Baby wash and when the skin was at its worse, I protected the breast with a flannel when in the shower. Best of luck for the radiotherapy treatment x

Alibobs

Alibobs

Hi I asked my gp for creams but they didn't have a clue!!! Anyway did my own research and ended up buying it online!! It's excellent!!
Fenouillard

Thanks very much Alibobs. Did you have any difficulty getting your GP to prescribe the radiance cream or did you buy it  yourself?

Alibobs

Hi I just got told to use Johnson's baby shampoo/shower gel. It seems to have done the job ok. 2 sessions left and skin is ok. Also used radiance gel to moisturize.
Fenouillard

Best body and hair products using radiotherapy

Hello everyone 

I am recovering after surgery and waiting to get the dates for radiotherapy. What products should I switch too for the treatment? I already use organic, perfume and paraben free shower gel and shampoo but can anyone recommend what to buy, or alternatively what to avoid? Thanks everyone