Best time to take Tamoxifem?

Hi I have just recieved my first prescription for tamoxifem, is there a best time of the day to take it? i am on 20mg once a day.
Sharon x

I take it in the evening so hopefully sleep through the worst of the side effects. Having said that the side effects have diminished now; some 5 months after starting them.
Wishing you all the best.
Big hugs & good health to all.
Stella XXX

hi sharon pick mine up friday at last chemo so start mine 2wks night time ive been told so gona try then.xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,
I started on Tamoxifen in March and took it at night with food. I didn’t get any nausea that way but I was getting very disturbed sleep and night sweats. Out of interest I changed the time to morning with breakfast and it seems to suit me much better. I am sleeping better and the sweats have stopped. It could be the time of day or it could simply be that after 5 months I have got used to it. I would experiment to find a time that suits you because everyone is different.
Good luck
Val

Hi
I’ve been on it for nearly 2 years, I’ve tried a few times of the day. For me the best is now first thing, just before breakfast-I feel less nauseous if I eat soon after, and with medication I find if I wake up, take it, have a cuppa, I am also less inclined to forget it and end up taking it in the middle of the day!
All the best
C x

I have been on Tamox for 2+ years and have found that taking it at night (last thing) was best for me.

Good luck with the rest of your treatment.

AlexG

With breakfast works best for me. I sleep well and don’t have nausea. Plus the time is more constant than it would be if I took it at night.

Eliza xx

I am only just coming to end of my first month of Tamoxifen, but have aleady found that it suits me to take it first thing in the morning. I have never had nausea, but founs that when I took it at night or with dinner I was getting very little sleep.
Jacqui

When I was on Tamoxifen - I am on Exemastane now - I used to take it first thing in the morning. I kept the tablets on my bedside table with a bottle of water.

First thing in the morning for me meant it was over and done with, also I didn’t suffer from nausea whilst taking it.

I hope whichever time you decide to take it, it works out for you.

Best wishes

Hello Sharon

I have been on Tamxofen for three months now and i take mine in the evening about 9pm. I don’t know whether its the tablets but do find that i don’t sleep very well, not sure if its the tablets as have had sleepless night since starting chemotherapy. I haven’t tried taking it at different times as having two children i don’t really want to feel unwell or suffer some other side effect.

Lol1968

I will eventually get Tamoxifen but not on it yet. I have a feeling my BCN said that you can take 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 in the evening if side effects are bad - to reduce effects a bit. Check with nurses.

Hi Sharon

Sorry just realise i’ve already replied to your question. So forgetful!

Lai x

i take mine at 7 in the evening. I found when i took it at 9pm i was awake more. Saying that, i am still waking up taking it at 7, but less so now.
eva

Hi, i have been on Tamoxifen for 3 months now and i was taking them at 9pm. Until recently i thought the sleepless night was due to all the treatment that i have had. Since reading other peoples experiences i am now changed the time that i take the Tamoxifen, hopefully will have a normal night sleep soon!

Everyone is different and hopefully you will find the right time to take the Tamoxifen.

Good luck and all the best

Lai x