cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big bra help required

59 REPLIES 59
Kary

Re: Big bra help required

Great size range,do you have any idea what the one is called with the moulded cups,im impressed with the sports bra too,i did think some of them looked quite full cupped.I am not buying any more bras until the swelling goes down iv wasted  lots of money ,but I will deffo be having another look at them .

Janey2

Ooh Beth thank you. I'm going shopping now for one! Kary you rebel sticking with the wires. I'm tempted to misbehave too! Xx
Beth123

Forgot to say - I had a nursing bra from M&S which was nice and soft (never had kids so that was a first for me!). Anita do one in a G cup that might be worth a go. You can return stuff too with out issue. Honestly I am nothing to do with them but after trying ones from M&S and tesco, I was on the verge of giving up and resorting back to wired. I'm so glad I discovered them as I'm convinced they helped my recovery. Xx

Kary

Ah Beth you are a star that's what I want a tee-shirt type bra with moulded cups that's unwired ,in going to take a look now and pray the go to a G cup,thank you so much,it sounds much classier than Doreen too lol x

Beth123

Hi

im a size 42E and I've found a brilliant make called Anita. They do all sorts, from the pretty wired ones I used to wear, to the non wired ones I wear now. I discovered them by chance in a local lingerie shop when I was looking for non wired bras before surgery. I now have a couple that are a bit lacey but give fantastic support and a couple that are soft and more like an unwired Tshirt bra which has been fab when I was so sore with fluid building up. 

I've also got a sleep bra from them which is a bit like a supportive crop top but ideal. They are not the cheapest but even my BCN has commented that they are good supportive bras. 

You can order the brand online and I've used needundies.com but you can buy Anita bras from places like John Lewis too. I wish I'd found them years ago.

Janey2

I've given up and going to line cheapest non wired ones with hankies!
Sue255

That's not good is it! I'm like you kary and would also need a larger size. What a bummer. I'm just going to see how I go with what I've got then panic if I need something bigger. Hammock at the ready!!

Kary

Absolutely!
Janey2

B*****! It feels like they think big boobs means you are protected somehow from cancer. Maybe we could start a campaign group!! Xx
Kary

Today I have been in marks and Spencer's bra hunting! Beautiful post surgery bra black pretty with decent moulded cups.......stopped at 40 DD ,I was so disappointed I almost caused a riot,why when I buy my G cup bras here I said do they assume that anyone having had surgery have smaller breasts than that,the girl was great she totally agreed with me and gave me several grannyish bras to try,one of which was fabulously soft may I add but no support!Also they had really nice blue stripped soft post surgery bras in their 50% off bit but again no bigger that a 40 DD ggggrrrrr but may be big enough for some of you,so me n Doreen it will be when my wires become unbearable,but hopefully some help to others,i will be also getting in touch with them.So the hunt goes on 😋

Kary

Good luck jayney we are all with you,i hope the result is the better option ,boob has lymphoedema,infection gone apparently,he ho ,I wore wires to my oncology appointment,go on rebel!Iv had wires on all day today too! couldn't wait to get bra off mind,anyhow,much love x

Janey2

Your poor boob. Has the infection cleared. The joy of antibiotics has now left me with oral thrush and more medication! I'm wearing a wire with pride today but guess will go in soft saggy bra to oncology tomorrow. Filled a bit with dread but know you lovely lot will get me through the next bit, whatever it looks like. How are you doing Marydan? Weather not so nice in Devon today, so no going out xx
Kary

Good luck on Monday,im fuming that the hospital didn't ring me today as planned,but he ho,iv also just read my last post bloody netbook!!! 5 weeks pre surgery not pregnant!!! Btw ladies Doreen was out again today,had a job pushing my swollen boob into her,but she done the job 😁

marydan

Thank you so much Kary. I know I should not even worry about underwire bra on the grand scheme of things but I just want to be me again. Crazy I know and selfish too I suppose as there are loads of folk going through so much more than me. Sorry just one of these low days thats kinda just creeped up on me. My ms is definetely improving just kinda worried about rads starting Monday but sure I will be fine. Thanks again and sorry for yet another rabble. xxxx

Kary

Hi marydan no not for ever thank the lord,but my oncologist didn't seem to be bothered that I was wearing a wired bra,im 5 weeks pregnant surgery and yes I also get stabbing pain I think it's nerve pain when they are knitting together x

marydan

Thanks so so much xx

Janey2

Good evening! Marydan I think the underwire was a no no post surgery, due to potential irritation of the scar. I'm assuming not ideal through radiotherapy, due to need to keep skin happy. I definitely get an odd throb since the op, although more rare the last week or so. I've been menopausal since total hysterectomy a couple of years ago and get a strange feeling in both boobs, just before a hot flush or flash, so that has been aggravating any twangs. I'm hoping when start tablets it can't make menopausal me any worse! Kary I'm sorry you're struggling with swelling, what joy this is - still I shall indulge in some Westcountry Poldark this evening and lose myself in nonsense! Xx
Kary

Well Janey that's very interesting,after Doreen I too put an underwriter bra on ,oh to have a shape again😁,I also had a chat to the breast care nurses and the oncologist about the problems I have with non wired bras,unerneath my bust is soaking and I really don't want any soreness in that department just before rads,they both said to me,as my bust was so large that they thought I did need the extra support.The problem is my poorly breast has slight lymphedema and gets bigger as the day goes on,and its noticeable too,so nothing ATM is great,but it was so good to feel shapely,id be interested to know what the rads team have to say about it,go on be a rebel Janey,thrush and all ,enjoy your evening 😁

marydan

Hi all my friends, on this note I have yet another daft question. Are underwired bras a no no forever for us guys, and I am about to begin rads next week and going to buy some MORE bras, what would you lovely ladies sugges. I was also wondering is it normal to get a wee throb now and then and I mean only seldom 4 weeks after a lumpectomy. Love to all xxx

Janey2

I feel the need to confess - I've put on an underwired bra today! Oh the comfort! I figure I have at least a week to enjoy - more if rads and not chemo the decision - and a bit of rebellion good for the soul! Needed cheering up, the horse pill antibiotics have given me oral thrush and not feeling cheerful! Xx
Sue255

I bet they were too!,

Janey2

Go Doreen!! An uplifting thought in more ways than one and I bet the streets of Newcastle were a happier place! Xx
Sue255

Kary that did make me laugh reading your post. It's good we can have a giggle too.  I so needed a laugh today as been feeling bit sorry for myself. Good for Doreen eh!!

Kary

Wine was fabulous Janey thank you but very exciting times "Doreen's" had a trip out today, watch out in Newcastle incase I put your eye out.....I did feel like Madonna with her cones at first and I so didn't like my shape and was hard pushed to find something summery that was quite high necked ,but iv got to give it to her ugly tho she is,the support was excellent, they were held in place perfectly and it was actually quite comfortable to wear,so hurrah for Doreen  😁😁

Janey2

I hope your boob still on the mend Kary. I've still not got my Doreen - maybe if I did I wouldn't be a wobbler or a wobbler!! That first G&T was wonderful after the antibiotics stopped, so I hope that large glass of wine just as tasty!! Xx
Kary

I hold on to mine too lol,looked at sports bras today but didn't have big enough size,mother has had Doreen in fabric conditioner,shes not had an outing yet as the sore boob is so swollen,but she's much better, now it's softer 😁

angelrainbow

Haha glad I'm not the only one Janey2 Lol

Janey2

Very much wibble wobble!!! I do get strange looks as I hold on!! X
angelrainbow

Yes Sue, if anyone comes up with a very supportive soft bra with no seams, that is affordable, I'll put my name down like a shot. I'm still struggling with a sore nipple - counting blessings though as I still have one!

Is anyone else affected by the 'jelly on a plate' effect when they go out in a car? Talk about wibble wobble! I just hang on hard to my boob to avoid the worst of it.

Sue255

I agree Jane, someone could really make a fortune by coming up with the perfect bra! Mine have seams and boy am I glad to get that off at the end of the day. Still go without though if just at home.  

Still uncomfortable around armpit area and numbness in places too but ok apart from that.

have a good night and a relaxing Sunday. X

Janey2

Well the new bra arrived yesterday. Even though it's advertised as soft cup there are still seams in the cup, so another one to post back sadly. I'm beginning to think there is a business opportunity here! Xx
Sue255

Hi angelrainbow,

pits not easy finding the right bra. I'm large cup so usually buy m and s. Got a couple of soft bras but then someone suggested Yours. Bought one to try. Think now I'll wait and see how I get on with rads when it starts. Good luck with the sore bits!

nighty night

sue x

angelrainbow

Hi all. I had my lumpectomy 16 August and after it I wore a mixture of soft non-wired bras from Asda. These were lovely at the time but didn't really give enough support. My surgeon had suggested a sports bra so yesterday I got a pack of two sportsbras from M & S (I looked online but they had bigger sizes in the shop - I'm 34DD). It's so much comfier and gives lovely support to my extremely sensitive wibbbly wobbly bits! Now all I need to do is work out how to cure my extremely sore nipple that rubbed on the looser bras!

Sue255

It's a nightmare trying to find the ideal bra isn't it. My normal ones are the wired from m and s in the full cup. Just need same without wires now and cotton. Oh and in large size! Hope you get sorted with something Jane.

nighty night x

Kary

Will have a look lavendersblue, thank you.

Janey2

Jill thank you! I spent a lot of time yesterday searching on line and ordered a bra from a site called fifty plus - I'm guessing age rather than size, as not quite there yet! If this proves any good will share, but if not will try the M&S one. xx
lavendersblue

I  don't have this problem any more since my double mx , but before it , I always had large boobs ( 42 J ) and found Doreen too crunchy and mean in the cup size . Before breast cancer I wore wired bras , but after,  had to seek out soft cups , due to pain and tenderness .

I always bought my bras online from M&S . I found theirTotal Support  Full Cup D-K  bras were the best . £18.00 .  They were comfy after my first WLE and rads and had good cup sizes . Occasionally they do good colours too . My big moan was that big sizes could only be bought on line and never in store.  Why for goodness sake ???? 

Now I am flat and fabulous ..... well flat anyway . LOL . I love the freedom and find it a strange bonus to a horrible disease. 

Hugs ,

Jill xxx

lavendersblue

Kary

Iv just had a look and it's a better look than Doreen but cup size is too small,as was the magic wire one,the yours clothing one is high shine lace non wired bra,not loads of support but very comfy so I will be having another 2 ready for rads,we need to design a moulded cup bra without wires,in big back and cup sizes ladies,didnt get Doreen sorted as the vodkas on offer for the bank holiday...ooops. Oh and the yours bras only £10.

Janey2

That looks much prettier than the Doreen, thanks Charys x
Sue255

Thanks Jane . I kept reading about the Doreen bra so had to ask! I'll take a look at the others ladies have mentioned too. Always hate bra shopping. Find it hard work!!

have a good day all x

Charys
Community Champion

Another recommendation, that has taken me months of buying the wrong thing to come up with......lol.....playtex have a new model called 'ideal beauty'. It is non wired, and comes in large sizes, with a new design of support panels to the sides, lovely thick supportive straps and a nice totally plain design and a good natural shape. If you want something 'non pointy' then this could be an option. They do seem to come up small though, I am usually a 34 DD, but have needed a 36 E to fit well. The colours are Ivory, a vintage pink and white....I think. 

Janey2

Thanks Kary, oh the joy of the Doreen!! Sue it's a Triumph bra and oh boy does it lift and separate. Last worn by me when I wa pregnant in the 90s!! I'd forgotten that it covers more boob too. The soft bras I have are no support at all really. When I finally get to rads I'm thinking will have to put a cotton hanky in to soften but let us know if the fabric conditioner works. The joy the joy .... Xx
Kary

Ooh must take a look at that one today....Doreen is here...omg how ugly is she and she's rather hard,this will be my if I have to go anywhere looking decent during rads bra.Im gonna steep her in fabric conditioner a couple of times,colour isn't as minging as I thought,and I may well put someone's eye out.Only other thing I can add is that it's just as well my rads won't be starting till later in September as Doreen is higher than most of my tops,so you may want to keep that it mind ,but best support for non wired.

Jacks63

Hi ladies I found lovely comfortable bras on asda online they are post surgery bras found these really comfy and they are not ugly some are all cotton very reasonably priced £8 !!!!go up to size 40gg!!! I'm hoping they will be ok for rads too,Jackie x

Sue255

What is this Doreen bra? Is it one perhaps I should be thinking about getting in preparation??? You all sound so organised and me, well not organised just doolally with it all.  I've been going round without bra at home as I seem to feel more comfy but might not be the right thing to do. If I go out I put the soft ones I got but always relieved to get it off again. Keep us updated on the bra situation, oh and the cucumbers of course!!

x

Janey2

A lol here for that one!. I felt such a rebel and stopped with the night time bra yesterday. It doesn't seem to have done any harm and sooo much cooler. Doreen shopping for me at the weekend, the joys ....
Kary

Hi Doreen hasn't arrived yet but maybe today,is it wrong to be excited ,is this what my life has one to lol...

Janey2

Hi and how is Doreen - that almost went with the cucumber thread! Xx
Janey2

Black Lacey sounds nicer than a Doreen but good shopping skills! Buttermilk a very glam choice. We shall definitely be keeping in touch. I'm playing the waiting game too. Was expecting rads by now but lump bigger than expected and now unsure whether I will be having chemo. Oncology next week - so fingers crossed. Sue I hope you have your plan tomorrow and we all get going together xx